Vinay's DVD Player for Sale and Contribution to HFV

^ No denying that. As soon as one gets exposed to a better gear, that becomes his new benchmark. I have no high demands from my home theater setup. But for music, my current 'benchmark' is a few lakhs and some long years away.

What I plan to do is - spend within the means (allow for 40% markup from the initial budget as is always the case), utilize the current setup fully and upgrade only when it makes a significant difference to my ears. Though the plan looks good on paper, I guess this is how every enthusiast begins before spending all he can and more ;)

congrats suri! shucks had remembered as i was leaving office but forgot completely in the evening! missed this nailbiting one horse race :D enjoy your new player!!! or maybe you got it for kunhi to keep the little feller outta yer way while you're busy designing speakers eh?

regards

Captrajesh is not online yet, may login in at the last minute.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

SORRY - captrajesh !

where did Capt Rajesh disappear...Missing in Action?

Hi guys,

Just back from a gruelling day. One driver turned criminal has ruined my day. To know what I'm talking turn on any of the Tamil news channels. He took 1 cr bank's cash & ran away. We traced using a mobile left behind by the one of the staff inside the veh. Majority of cash is recovered.

BTW, yesterday I was with my Bank's top boss who visited chennai & returned only at about 11 & found my net to be down. :mad:
My bad luck.:sad:

Anyway, congrats suri. I already wished you best luck via sms yesterday.:)

:D
Captrajesh, on 1 hand one driver turned criminal ran away with cash from your bank & on the other hand Suri, with his accomplice Mr.K, ran away with the Vinay's DVD Player :ohyeah::D:ohyeah:

Truly a bad day for you:sad:

All the best for next time;)

Regards

Hi guys,

Just back from a gruelling day. One driver turned criminal has ruined my day. To know what I'm talking turn on any of the Tamil news channels. He took 1 cr bank's cash & ran away. We traced using a mobile left behind by the one of the staff inside the veh. Majority of cash is recovered.

BTW, yesterday I was with my Bank's top boss who visited chennai & returned only at about 11 & found my net to be down. :mad:
My bad luck.:sad:

Anyway, congrats suri. I already wished you best luck via sms yesterday.:)

Sorry to hear that Captain. 1 Cr is a lot of money, am glad you have recovered majority of the cash. We missed you at a(u)ction time, but there is always next time:).

I would like to thank both Vinay for his innovative idea and generous contribution and also the winning bidder Suri for his generous bid. Your combined contribution will be extremely helpful in the running of this forum.

Congrats Vinay for your "donor member" profile. But it still sounds very ordinary as it does not differentiate you from other average donators.

Suri's profile still does not show up as a "donor member". If he has already donated then I feel even he should be given this title, as we all realise that he has generously paid a higher price, than usual second hand market rates.

Hello Suri,

The weight of the dvd player is about 3 kg, i spoke to some leading courier and was told that they will charge around Rs.3,000/-, which is quite expensive, please suggest me how to go about it.

If any suggestion by members or moderator then do let me know and if some member is planning a near by trip to Mumbai, nothing like it, he can consider to oblige us and carry the player for Suri.

V.

P.S. I have been given to understand that some other couriers will be able to offer much cheaper rate, i shall write on this soon.

Last edited:
Hello Suri,

The weight of the dvd player is about 3 kg, i spoke to some leading courier and was told that they will charge around Rs.3,000/-, which is quite expensive, please suggest me how to go about it.

If any suggestion by members or moderator then do let me know and if some member is planning a near by trip to Mumbai, nothing like it, he can consider to oblige us and carry the player for Suri.

V.

P.S. I have been given to understand that some other couriers will be able to offer much cheaper rate, i shall write on this soon.

hi vinay - i have a cousin in pune - and his sister commutes between bombay and pune very often on work - i will talk to her and work out an arrangement - her brother may come this way soon-

there is no hurry - vinay

I have sent a pm to the supermod and have received a bank account number for sending the bid amount as desired by you -

this will be done at 10 am (or thereabouts) tomorrow-

regards -

edit - if you find a cheaper courier please let me know-

and let it be known that i will bear the cost (and risk) of transport of the player to my address.

regds
suri

Hello Suri,

I have spoken to aramaex courier, they are likely to be very cheap, under Rs.800/-.

I think if your cousin picks it up, will be very good because that way it becomes a better shot that it will reach you more safely with better condition and reduced scope of being lost.

If you decide that i have to courier, then please let me have your postal address.

It makes me very happy that you do not require any reminders to make the payment, if all are like you, the world becomes a better place to live, thank you very much.

V.

Last edited:
Hi Vinay and Suri,

Just wanted to make you all aware that in Pune you may need to pay octroi.
Please make sure about octroi.

So, if you are planning something via Pune then it may cost extra.

Thanks,
Vivek

Hi Vinay and Suri,

Just wanted to make you all aware that in Pune you may need to pay octroi.
Please make sure about octroi.

So, if you are planning something via Pune then it may cost extra.

Thanks,
Vivek

Should not be problem unless you carry it "boxed pack on the car carrier" to attract attention at the octroi naka.

Well ,If travelling in personal car,there wont be any issue.I carried microwave with me.
Octroi naka is not that active in Pune.

Mr Suri,

I have got an message from super moderator confirming that they have received your donation amount towards the bid for which thank you so much. Please do let me know how do you propose that i send you the DVD player.

V.

Mr Suri,

I have got an message from super moderator confirming that they have received your donation amount towards the bid for which thank you so much. Please do let me know how do you propose that i send you the DVD player.

V.

But Suri's profile still does not show as "donor member"!!!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back