Vincent SV 237 Mk2/ SV 228 models

Hi @Nitin K , did you get chance to audition any of these? Any progress on Vincent?
Hi Kumar,
There is no Vincent dealer in my area. The dealers are WattHifi(Sound by design in Gurugram) and I think Allegra Audio in Chennai. The demos are available with these 2 dealers.
The online reviews are quite positive and at present the Indian rates with taxes are on par with the international rates.

Just checked up on the specs, and seems they use 12AX7 and 6N1P's which should easily last upto 10,000 and 5,000 hrs respectively. Easy to obtain and are not too expensive. The design accommodates tube rolling, so one can replace the stock chinese tubes with better ones, for a noticeable improvement and can add different flavors to the sound. Has good power at 150W/8 ohms. Goes to 250W/4 ohms, which is close to doubling, so shows a healthy and robust power supply. First 10 W in class A, which is what most of us actually use. Considering the possibility of tube rolling and high bias class A design, I think it is safe to assume, that it wont sound bright or shrill ( Infact i think this will sound rich and lush ). And this comes very close to the holy grail of tube pre + class A power combo, in a single box.

And the best part is the build...simply impressive. If this was built in japan, or Europe, we could look at easily 3 times the asking price. Anyways, I will stop now, before I start sounding like a Vincent salesman :)

View attachment 80394
Hi, You are absolutely correct and exactly on the point in reviewing Vincent SV 237 MK II , I also feel it is a gr8 hybrid Amps

Another hybrid amplifier that left me impressed was the unison research unico due, very well put together made in italy amplifier.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back