Vintage Gifts! Need help with restoration!

ThirdEye

Hi guys, would love some advise on restoring a wealth of vintage audio I was gifted by my dad's friend. Includes Grundig reel to reel players to portable mini reel to reel player and also a turntable unit. Any leads to someone who can restore and repair this equipment? I will list and photo log the equipment here if necessary.

Also would any collectors be interested? I have no idea what the value could be.

Hi THirdeye,

You could check the online stores like Ebay\Audiogun etc for knowing the Approximate value for the Items you have. But you cant just keep the same prize here in Inida,Since some time people feel its over priced and there will be no takers or sometimes there will be High demand as well.

I dont know who in Bangalore could restore the Vintage stuffs. Just post the Model and the electronics which are gifted. Few people would be interested in TT,Amplifier and Speakers as well.

Hi Thirdeye,

A good place to start is to photo log the equipment piece by piece so that forum members can suggest the best remedy/ person who can repair/ service the particular equipment. There aren't too many good techs in this field so the choice is limited.

If you want to sell then follow the instructions on the 'For Sale by Owner' section and put up your equipment for sale. but be reasonable so that you get buyers. quoting too high a price may put people off. you could do a search on the forum and see how much others might have quoted for the same/similar equipment in the past. (Maybe).

All the best.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back