Vintage Pioneer SX 850 Reciever Amplifier

kuruvilajacob

My dear friends,
I am a firm believer that the old generation amplifiers in good condition can beat many of the new generation amplifiers costing 5 times or more than the vintage ones. I also believe that the synergy between the amplifier and speakers is the most important factor in the chain. I recently bought a Pioneer SX 850 Receiver amplifier. I earlier had some other receiver amplifiers like SX 750. Maybe because of matching issue, I was not that much impressed to keep it. I also had a very fine Pioneer CS 99 A speakers awaiting a good match. So, when I got the SX 850, I hooked them together in my living room hall and the power of the amp and the dynamism of the speakers make listening on these a real live feel. There are two phono inputs and both are silent and superb. Many of my friends prefer this room than my dedicated listening room for listening mainly due to the wider sound stage and the concert effect. I have another set of vintage amp and speakers in my bedroom that also is a great combination. They are the Sansui AU 7900 with Sansui SP X 6. So friends, I am all the more convinced that the combinations can do magic to your listening. All of you may not have the options to buy and try combinations like I do. Since I buy and sell these items, I sell what I don't like till I hit upon the right combinations.

Hi

Thanks for sharing your experience, even i too keep buying and selling just to get a flare of brands and type of products.....agree that vintage equipment is the best as most are made in Japan and can easily last for 15-30 years....only challenge is repairs and getting spares....hence most of us buy and sell at intervals to ensure that we dont get stuck with something old and lose out......

I have a couple of friends who have given up the AV requirement and shifted back to the Stereo world of L+R analog....that matters now....

You are absolutely Correct. Proper Maintained or fixed Vintage good Model are like Gem. I became addict for Vintage systems ,Though I initially prefer the Vintage looks,Now into sound as well. Especially Most of the Amplifiers which were made between 71-75 Japan are rocking. I got chance to listen Sansui QR 1500 and Pioneer SA 6200,They are entry level with 15-20 Wats RMS power, But the detail that they gave with Small technics speaker was amazing to say that I didnt hear the same in so called "BIG Brands" in BIG Room, Best Set-up costing Lakhs.

Getting Proper Vintage System is completely Luck and If you get them matched, then its heaven, All the best Sir.

Back