VINTAGE RADIO RESTORATION, Bangalore

Uday
Great going. It is heartening to see someone really dedicated to restoring these vintage radios. I remember our family having a valve radio in late seventies to late eighties. I was a young child and somehow managed to hook up a Roberts Portable Tape Player, which was gifted to me by a doting uncle, and listening to my Mix Tapes as also other Tape collection. Most of all, I remember spending time every day listening to VOA, Radio Australia, BBC to catch up on the latest POP & Rock numbers on this Philips Radio. Weekend afternoons were spent in listening to Malayalam Film songs.

That radio was the soul of my music listening. See your exemplary collection of Radios brought back so many memories. Matter of fact, I was just thinking of buying a Restored Vintage Valve Radio & I thought of looking up on this wonderful forum.

Uday your post brought a rush of memories. Thanks for that.

Someday, I hope to come to your place and hear these beauties...

Issac

Hello,

Kindly view the video in link.
. This is my workshop and my collection of Vintage Radios. I am an electronics engineer by profession but beaten by Valve Radio Technology ! I have about 53 sets, which are Philips, Grundig,Westinghouse,Bush,PYE,Murphy, Mullard and HMV. I want to collect about 100+ sets and make a small museum for younger generation to see the earlier technology. I restore for my own collection as well if someone wants to restore their sets. I am in Bangalore. India.I am on 9845043014 or [email protected].

Warm regards

Uday KView attachment 40892View attachment 40893View attachment 40892View attachment 40893View attachment 40894View attachment 40895

What passion and what a neat workshop!

Have you watched this movie?

My uncle has a retro valve radio. I guess it goes by Greats or Greets. Now in a bad shape, attaching few is for reference. I remember hearing those during 90s nothing beats the quality. Last I remembered that the valve replacement couldn't be found and hence it was not maintained well, resulting in given condition. Can this be brought to life??
Sorry, I think I missed the post. yes we can restore them to their original glory !- Regards Uday K 9845043014

Uday
Great going. It is heartening to see someone really dedicated to restoring these vintage radios. I remember our family having a valve radio in late seventies to late eighties. I was a young child and somehow managed to hook up a Roberts Portable Tape Player, which was gifted to me by a doting uncle, and listening to my Mix Tapes as also other Tape collection. Most of all, I remember spending time every day listening to VOA, Radio Australia, BBC to catch up on the latest POP & Rock numbers on this Philips Radio. Weekend afternoons were spent in listening to Malayalam Film songs.

That radio was the soul of my music listening. See your exemplary collection of Radios brought back so many memories. Matter of fact, I was just thinking of buying a Restored Vintage Valve Radio & I thought of looking up on this wonderful forum.

Uday your post brought a rush of memories. Thanks for that.

Someday, I hope to come to your place and hear these beauties...

Issac
Thank You So Much !! You are most welcome, my Vintage Radio Museum, would be ready in few days time, I will post it - Regards Uday

What passion and what a neat workshop!

Have you watched this movie?
Hello, Sorry I missed the post. I will watch the movie. Thank you so much for your inspiring words Sir ! _ regards Uday

Uday ji,

Your work and passion is exemplary. I am in Bangalore too and have a passion of collecting Turntables and speakers. Not in your league, but with similar passion on Test & Measuring instruments, tools etc.

If possible lets meet and catch up.

Regards
Anil
Nice to know you Sir !! I need some guideance in Turntables, i will be reaching out you. - Warm Regards Uday K 9845043014

Sir, I am from Bangalore. Having two vintage tube radios, both not working. Can you help me to get those restored to their orgincal glory? please.

My grandfather had Valve Radio, which was tightly fitted at a high level on one of the pillar of his old styled home. I used to sit below that radio, like a sincere student, just to hear the warm sounds/music it used to produce. I think that's where my music journey began :) . Uday Sir, what a passion!!! Hats Off...Looks so neat and good collection of vintage beauties.

I watched the video and noticed the photo of 'The Guru', Mr. Pandu Rajan on the wall. What a lovely acknowledgement for a Teacher's influence. I have been through several conversations with Mr. Rajan only to be amazed with his knowledge and his love for radios from that era. He is also the perfect gentleman and enthusiast. I think even folk who worked at Philips would not know as much as him about Philips radios. What makes it even better, is that he is not an average run of the mill electronics enthusiast but a fully qualified, experienced and retired Electrical Engineer. He knows his stuff, theoretically as well.

Dear Mr. Reubensm

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comments. It was so nice talking to you regarding the restoration of the chasis of B6CA38A which you were kind enough to send it to me and also the restoration of the Philips Holland set BX626A which I completed recently.
I completed my engineering in 1971 in electrical engg. and did my post graduation in 1974. I worked in a power cable company for 31yrs in madhya pradesh. Radio repair was my hobby. I came to Bangalore in 2006 and settled down here. In all I have restored around 40 sets mostly Philips.
Best Regards
P.Rajan

If you can get the artwork of the dial plate anywhere on the net, local screen printers can
do an astounding job - see this

Wow
Thanks for sharing this video. It will help a lot of us who are into vintage equipment and it's restoration.

Issac

Dear Mr. Reubensm

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comments. It was so nice talking to you regarding the restoration of the chasis of B6CA38A which you were kind enough to send it to me and also the restoration of the Philips Holland set BX626A which I completed recently.
I completed my engineering in 1971 in electrical engg. and did my post graduation in 1974. I worked in a power cable company for 31yrs in madhya pradesh. Radio repair was my hobby. I came to Bangalore in 2006 and settled down here. In all I have restored around 40 sets mostly Philips.
Best Regards
P.Rajan
Glad to have you here sir.

Could you please PM your phone number, if you don't mind. I would like to call you.

Thanks Rajan sir

WOW. Surprisingly I missed this thread. Cant believe in this day! Sheer passion and love this.

Hoping the museum is up now. Please do share details, it will be a privilege to visit.

A big salute Sir.

Hats off to you Uday avare. Loved your passion and dedication.
My dad used to repair valve radios. He is no more but I have two valve radios with me. Someday I want it to be restored.

Hello,

Kindly view the video in link.
. This is my workshop and my collection of Vintage Radios. I am an electronics engineer by profession but beaten by Valve Radio Technology ! I have about 53 sets, which are Philips, Grundig,Westinghouse,Bush,PYE,Murphy, Mullard and HMV. I want to collect about 100+ sets and make a small museum for younger generation to see the earlier technology. I restore for my own collection as well if someone wants to restore their sets. I am in Bangalore. India.I am on 9845043014 or [email protected].

Warm regards

Uday KView attachment 40892View attachment 40893View attachment 40892View attachment 40893View attachment 40894View attachment 40895
Keeping vintage tech renewed, a well done job sir. Would like to visit ur museum once its completed

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back