Vintage two channel stereo power amp for home theatre?

Eight1zero

Hi
I have a vintage power amp. I am using it for stereo and very happy with the performance. I wanted to know that using this vintage amp for home theatre ( pre outs for front left and right ) is a good idea ? They are many sudden highs and lows in a movie, will a old amp be able to handle that kinda duty?
thanks In advance

Hi
I have a vintage power amp. I am using it for stereo and very happy with the performance. I wanted to know that using this vintage amp for home theatre ( pre outs for front left and right ) is a good idea ? They are many sudden highs and lows in a movie, will a old amp be able to handle that kinda duty?
thanks In advance
You have already answered your question! :)

good idea ? They are many sudden highs and lows in a movie, will a old amp be able to handle that kinda duty?
Yes it will be able to Handle ; as long as you don't throw all the LF strain by setting the speakers as large or full range. As long as you have a dedicated subwoofer to handle the LF, it won't be a big load for Vintage Power amp, assuming its decently powerful (125wpc or more).

I did use Vintage Onkyo and Kenwood for this purpose earlier , never felt that they're lacking in anything.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back