Vinyl Cleaning

rcathik

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for a cleaning method / solution for my Vinyls. Off late i am getting elevated levels of pops and clicks, read several forms that, it may be because of dust / impurities in the grooves.
I did order a Boundless Audio Record Cleaner Brush - Vinyl Cleaning Carbon Fiber Anti-Static Record Brush , i would like to hear from you on how you are managing to clean your vinyls.

Thanks,
Karthik

There are numerous suggestions and information on this forum sir. There is a video also of the method that Kuruvila Jacob sir is using which I found to be outstanding.

Regards

Cleaning vinyl and getting static off a clean vinyl are two different things. I use a spin clean to clean my vinyl. And a audioquest and project static brush before I play the lp. I also use onzow zerodust to clean the stylus. Hope this helps.

Solution -Distilled water + Drops of Enzyme cleaner+drops of surfactant in a 6 lit capacity ultrasonic cleaner.
Ultrasonic cleaning for 5 minutes.
Followed by wet vacuum cleaning.
Excellent results..

Ultrasonic cleaner? Can u be a little more specific as to what brand,etc? Thanks.

Cleaning vinyl and getting static off a clean vinyl are two different things. I use a spin clean to clean my vinyl. And a audioquest and project static brush before I play the lp. I also use onzow zerodust to clean the stylus. Hope this helps.

Thanks Sir, this definitely helps !

Most of the dirt in a record is inside the grooves. It can only be forced out by a strong vacuum cleaner after the dirt is made loose by some liquid solution. Even the most sophisticated record cleaning machines use this method.

Oh, ok. Will try your method Sir.

Solution -Distilled water + Drops of Enzyme cleaner+drops of surfactant in a 6 lit capacity ultrasonic cleaner.
Ultrasonic cleaning for 5 minutes.
Followed by wet vacuum cleaning.
Excellent results..

Thanks Sir - will check this out.
Ultrasonic cleaner may be a bit out of budget for me - but will try other methods.

Ultrasonic cleaner? Can u be a little more specific as to what brand,etc? Thanks.

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for a cleaning method / solution for my Vinyls. Off late i am getting elevated levels of pops and clicks, read several forms that, it may be because of dust / impurities in the grooves.
I did order a Boundless Audio Record Cleaner Brush - Vinyl Cleaning Carbon Fiber Anti-Static Record Brush , i would like to hear from you on how you are managing to clean your vinyls.

Thanks,
Karthik
Vacuuming is the best way.

You can prepare a solution using IsoPropyl Alcohol in Distilled Water in ratio of 1:10. Spray this over the record surface and lot it stay for a while. After that take a soft towel, preferably Micro Fiber Cloth and clean the record in the direction of spinning. This is the cheapest and effective cleaning process

You can prepare a solution using IsoPropyl Alcohol in Distilled Water in ratio of 1:10. Spray this over the record surface and lot it stay for a while. After that take a soft towel, preferably Micro Fiber Cloth and clean the record in the direction of spinning. This is the cheapest and effective cleaning process
Most of the dirt is inside the grooves and this method may be cheap but may not be the best way to clean the record in my opinion

My Spin Clean is up for Sale. Attaching pics. Do PM if interested.

Thank you

Regards,
Dr. Pavan

Attachments

• C0B15410-6147-4891-827D-7A2E7A8F726A.jpeg
    C0B15410-6147-4891-827D-7A2E7A8F726A.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 9
  • EE7FED3A-6FCB-4D02-AECB-2A2107BFA9E9.jpeg
    EE7FED3A-6FCB-4D02-AECB-2A2107BFA9E9.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 9
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back