Vinyl\ LP-Tressure Hunting Event-Lets Join the Camp

I'd like to add to Record Player's list :

~Calypso, Jayanagar, Bangalore~

When I was hunting for LPs in free school street, Calcutta , and when the seller could figure out that I'm from Blore, first thing he mentioned about to connect both of us was Jayanagar.. He used to ship LPs here at Rs.30/ in bulk.

So when are we going to meet ?

Tanoj

For chennai Visit-Myself,Vino,Tintin,Maniraj,PKSnathan we have grouped till Now and possibly a second or Third week of Nov would be fixed. Not sure on exact dates, but sure have something in Nov.

Still waiting if some one like to Join:)

For chennai Visit-Myself,Vino,Tintin,Maniraj,PKSnathan we have grouped till Now and possibly a second or Third week of Nov would be fixed. Not sure on exact dates, but sure have something in Nov.

Still waiting if some one like to Join

Great to hear that, but iam looking for bangalore meet ? .... or are they guys from bangalore going to chennai to join them ??

Regards

Tanoj

I would be interested in a Bangalore meet definitely.
A chennai one is possible but I have to be really persuaded (no place to stay there :p)

I have heard of Calypso. Wonder how much he charges for each record? I shall visit him sometime I think.

I am familiar with Seetaphone as I bought my turntable from him. I am planning to visit Balaji also sometime.
I know of Antique Palace as its ads are all over olx. The prices are exorbitant though. Maybe, I'll visit it for academic interest sometime.

Who is this free street vendor? Are you in touch with him Simon_Wires? Maybe we can get his list and ask him to send bulk records at 30 each for us!

Last edited:
I have also heard of Calypso but haven't visited it since its a bit far off for me and I think it would be a bit exorbitantly priced too. Who is this vendor? Maybe we can ask him for his list and he can send us in bulk at @30 per LP? :D

I went through the top list. Seetaphone is of course known to me (I had bought my turntable from there only). I am planning to visit Balaji also one of these days.

Antique palace is all over olx and therefore, I am familiar with it. Prices are quite high. Maybe I'll visit it for the sake of visiting it sometime.

When I was hunting for LPs in free school street, Calcutta , and when the seller could figure out that I'm from Blore, first thing he mentioned about to connect both of us was Jayanagar.. He used to ship LPs here at Rs.30/ in bulk.

Hi friend, Can you share me the info (Vendor of Free School St)?

Hi friend, Can you share me the info (Vendor of Free School St)?

@ vinojasan - If you are planning to purchase in bulk from him and get it shipped. Kindly add my name to that shopping list as well. Count me in. :) I can come down and pick it from your place in Chennai or meet in More Market where our interests will find a better audience ;)

Look what I found in Seoul, Korea. Finding out this place was very difficult due to language and I had to translate a lots Korean blogs and websites to reach this place. I will be frequent visitor for this place from now on ;). It takes 1.5 hours from my place to reach these shops. There are 5 - 6 such kind of shops around.

In another thread I gad give an offer, that I will carry any English title for you guys provided that you also arrange 2 Hindi classic title for me from India per 1 English title from here (Since, vinyls are very heavy and I have to carry in flight from here to India leaving my other stuff). Money will be exchanged accordingly in INR.

Almost 80% of English title carries price of 5000 Won = 282.00 INR. It used to be 250 sometimes back but now due to $ rate fluctuation it went up. Rest 20% rare title carries price 10000 Won upwards.

Funny part is, I found one Hindi Lp here for Hathi Mere Sathi and it was priced 50,000 Won (~2800 INR) :lol:. I told you keep it with you. They have stock of Ravishankar, Allarakha vinyls also, but ridiculously priced.

This is funny. I recently visited the "Academy Records" store in New York during a business trip to the US. They have a huge collection of classical LPs, most of them in very good condition. But what caught my eye was a copy of "Buddha Mil Gaya" - priced at $100!! No matter how much I love Manna Dey (and god knows that I do), I couldn't shell out $100 :)

Wow

every minute a FM member is posting :clapping:

If you all have any record list made up to procure from Calcutta, PM me.....I'll be happy to help.

Bhaskar

Thank you Bhaskar,

can you help me find few albums like

Ram teri ganga maili

shree 420 and most of the raj kapoors hits

Bobby

and any famous titles you come across

few english disks, of Jaaz , which has nice instruments like below youtube like, i am not looking exactly like this , but similar once

my budget can be 2k and can extend too if requred

i am looking for LP's which has Jazz music , i dont really know much about artists etc, although i know that bob dylan, jimi hindrex , the beetles etc are famouse one's , but i am specially looking for solo songs sung with airy voices and simple music, i am giving you few youtube links for your understanding, however i am not looking for this exact albums, this is just examles

if you do not have , you may suggest me few albums which can have similar tracks

New Music Belgian HiFi 2013 show part 2 of 4 - YouTube

Casta Acoustics Model C part 2 - YouTube

Audio Note, amazing sound! - YouTube

Robert Lighton Audio, Audio Note UK, Audio Note Kegon - YouTube

X-fi Audioshow 2012 Koningshof, Veldhoven HiFi - YouTube

New Music Belgium 2012 HiFi Show part 4 of 4 - YouTube

New Music Belgium 2012 HiFi Show part 1 of 4 - YouTube

Adele - Rolling in the Deep - YouTube

Thank you

Tanoj

Wow

every minute a FM member is posting :clapping:

Thank you Bhaskar,

can you help me find few albums like

Ram teri ganga maili

shree 420 and most of the raj kapoors hits

Bobby

and any famous titles you come across

few english disks, of Jaaz , which has nice instruments like below youtube like, i am not looking exactly like this , but similar once

my budget can be 2k and can extend too if requred

i am looking for LP's which has Jazz music , i dont really know much about artists etc, although i know that bob dylan, jimi hindrex , the beetles etc are famouse one's , but i am specially looking for solo songs sung with airy voices and simple music, i am giving you few youtube links for your understanding, however i am not looking for this exact albums, this is just examles

if you do not have , you may suggest me few albums which can have similar tracks

New Music Belgian HiFi 2013 show part 2 of 4 - YouTube

Casta Acoustics Model C part 2 - YouTube

Audio Note, amazing sound! - YouTube

Robert Lighton Audio, Audio Note UK, Audio Note Kegon - YouTube

X-fi Audioshow 2012 Koningshof, Veldhoven HiFi - YouTube

New Music Belgium 2012 HiFi Show part 4 of 4 - YouTube

New Music Belgium 2012 HiFi Show part 1 of 4 - YouTube

Adele - Rolling in the Deep - YouTube

Thank you

Tanoj

Raj Kappor Hits
I had few - what is ur budget / record?

This was my old list

Aan
Chhalia
Barsat
Sargam
Dil hi to Hai
Diwana
Kanhaiya
Mera Naam Joker
Aah
Aawara
Bobby
Anari
Chori Chori
Boot Polish
Sangam
Satyam Shivam Sundarm
Teesri Kasam
Aashiq
Dil hi to Hai
Dastan
Ram Teri Ganga Maili
Jis Des main Ganga Behti Hain

but preferred to sell as set
Intersted?

If you all have any record list made up to procure from Calcutta, PM me.....I'll be happy to help.

Bhaskar

this post of yours is a great music to our ears.

Thanks a lot for coming forward to help in a great way.

I will pm you my list in a while or may be tomorrow morning.

Please see how best you could help we music lovers.

Regards, Amit

Regards, Amit

Pleasure is completely mine. As a vinyl lover and forum member it's my duty to help others to pursue this hobby. I've built my full system with lots of help, advice and spoon feeding from other respected members here. So this, in a way, is my way to contribute to the community.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Regards, Amit

Hi Amit,
Busy with my Business (Due to "DIWALI" season), unable to find suitable LPs for you,from my collection. Mr. Bhaskar is very knowledgeable about Vinyl and a gentleman. It is good to see that you are getting his help.

Pleasure is completely mine. As a vinyl lover and forum member it's my duty to help others to pursue this hobby. I've built my full system with lots of help, advice and spoon feeding from other respected members here. So this, in a way, is my way to contribute to the community.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Very right!!:clapping:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back