Vinyl\ LP-Tressure Hunting Event-Lets Join the Camp

Hi Amit,
Busy with my Business (Due to "DIWALI" season), unable to find suitable LPs for you,from my collection. Mr. Bhaskar is very knowledgeable about Vinyl and a gentleman. It is good to see that you are getting his help.

Hi Shafic,

these business commitments are much more important.

But pls do help as discussed earlier as per your convenience.

Hi all,

We would be visiting Chennai on 23rd of Nov (Saturday) 11Am-12 Pm. As of now we are 3 From Bangalore and two from chennai committed for the Group-Buy in Moore Market.

If anyone like to Join from Chenni or Bangalore, please drop an email to [email protected], I shall include your emails to the Email convesation which we guys having. to plan better.

Thanks

November's a very busy month for me and hence really sorry I won't be able to make it. However, please keep us updated on your trip to Moore Market and your findings, including the condition and pricing. Not sure if just 1 hour would be sufficient at Moore Market though. Happy treasure hunting!!

Hi all,

We would be visiting Chennai on 23rd of Nov (Saturday) 11Am-12 Pm. As of now we are 3 From Bangalore and two from chennai committed for the Group-Buy in Moore Market.

If anyone like to Join from Chenni or Bangalore, please drop an email to [email protected], I shall include your emails to the Email convesation which we guys having. to plan better.

Thanks

1 hour is definetly not enough. Otherwise you would need to call in advance and tell the proprietor what sort of music you are looking for, and to keep it there. most of his collection is kept in other godowns, and he would need some time to move it to his shop.

for 1 hour, you'll just get to say hi, see his shop, and maybe go through some of his records

One more place for hunting for records in Chennai:

Mohan Music
#6, Ritchie St,
Mount Road,
Chennai- 600002.
PH- 0 9840496860

But his collection was depressing when I had visited him many months ago:sad:.

BTW, since you guys are going in a group, how will you guys decide who gets which record if more than one person likes the same record and there is only one record? IMHO, record buying should be a one-man job (I am speaking from experience).

Hi,

When you are in Madras you can call Ravi +919444646603 . It may be better if you call before your travel date and fix an appointment. He is available only before 9A.M. or after 7P.M. because of his work.

He has a good selection of records which are in good condition.

Regards
Rajiv

1 hour is definetly not enough. Otherwise you would need to call in advance and tell the proprietor what sort of music you are looking for, and to keep it there. most of his collection is kept in other godowns, and he would need some time to move it to his shop.

for 1 hour, you'll just get to say hi, see his shop, and maybe go through some of his records

Hi All,
The 11-12 Is the time to reach Chennai and we have planned to spend whole day till the shutters of LP stores are Down :eek:hyeah:

We are few travelling from Bangalore so the Buffer time to reach is 11-12 Pm.

Yep, Thanks for sharing the data, we planned to try nearby stores too, and Mount road is almost Walkable distance and shall give call to Ravi Too

Will visit and share the experience and pricing Info.

Probably we have planned to for Such Holy Trip atleast Once in two\three Months, to different locations.

We like to spend some time in googling the FAV LP's Probably the shortlisting and purchasing decision would be made in Final Hours and till then searching and searching Only.:clapping:

Mohan Music
#6, Ritchie St,
Mount Road,
Chennai- 600002.
PH- 0 9840496860

But his collection was depressing when I had visited him many months ago:sad:.

BTW, since you guys are going in a group, how will you guys decide who gets which record if more than one person likes the same record and there is only one record? IMHO, record buying should be a one-man job (I am speaking from experience).

Its very Simple, we will own it on Monthly basic until the second copy is identified.

Interesting to see that the justvinyl.in is resorting to collections at much more reasonable price but as happens with most collections, almost half atleast are not ones you want.

Hi guys. Received a mail from the owner (I think he's the owner) of Calypso (Jayanagar, Bangalore). He sent me a mail of all the LPs that he has available (but not available in the shop physically). Here is the list. If anyone is interested in buying any of these, you can contact him and let him know. His number : 9342832876 (Vikas). He told me that he'd need almost 30-45 days to get them.

If you want to know the pressing of the LP, refer to Cat. Barcode (column K), Intl No. (column J) or Rel Date (column L) in the photos.

Please view full image to read clearly.

p.s. I have no affiliation with this shop.

Regards,
Saket.

Hi guys. Received a mail from the owner (I think he's the owner) of Calypso (Jayanagar, Bangalore). He sent me a mail of all the LPs that he has available (but not available in the shop physically). Here is the list. If anyone is interested in buying any of these, you can contact him and let him know. His number : 9342832876 (Vikas). He told me that he'd need almost 30-45 days to get them.

If you want to know the pressing of the LP, refer to Cat. Barcode (column K), Intl No. (column J) or Rel Date (column L) in the photos.

p.s. I have no affiliation with this shop.

Regards,
Saket.

Lovely Saket and thanks for sharing. BTW, howz the spread in the stocks at the store?

Lovely Saket and thanks for sharing. BTW, howz the spread in the stocks at the store?

Hey RP. There are not many LPs left at the store now. Some U2, Metallica, The Who, Pankaj Udhas, few other hindi stuff (Manganiyar Seduction is also available which I think is a fantastic Indian folk live album! A must have imo!)..When I went there the last time Mr. Vikas told me that new LP stock would be arriving very soon..In the next 12-15 days. He said that there a pretty good demand for LPs..hence they're getting more stock. However, nobody seems to be interested in buying CDs anymore according to him. Which i think is pretty much how its going on these days (which is why Reliance Timeout has shut down)..Ppl either are purely mp3/ipod listeners or vinyl addicts, nothing in between. 0 or 1 :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
I see a new olx ad by an Upendra Achari whose phone number is 09449346690. Claims to be dealing in everything: records, gramophones, turntables, amplifiers, speakers.
Does anyone have experience with him?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back