Vinyl Records in Delhi

Visited Shah music centre once and yes he does rip you off. Prices quoted are high and the condition of records is nothing great. Dont think i will be visiting him anytime soon.

I guess he finds enough suckers who come to him to buy records at those prices and he is happy selling lesser records at a higher price.

The Master said, If your conduct is determined solely by considerations of profit you will arouse great resentment.
? Confucius

^ It's common with mostly seller in New Delhi. Either it is New Gramophone House or any other. Better you source records from people who are not real seller but sell stuff just to clear the space or spare copies.

Hahahaha...i feel so relieved when others are already saying or rather venting out how I so badly wanted to regarding the skinners here !! But honestly, here most of the sellers feel that is the way to go !! May lose out soon to Amazon !! Pritam music is doing a great job here.

Pritam Music is pretty much the only wholesaler left in Mumbai. He only deals in new stock.

I've ended up buying a whole lot of stuff from that seller. I hope he's getting good business, wouldn't want them to shut down!

Pilak Bhatt of Mumbai (Music Circle) has been mentioned favourably on the forum.
He is vinylsfromindia on Discogs.

I've ended up buying a whole lot of stuff from that seller. I hope he's getting good business, wouldn't want them to shut down!

Same here. Got some pretty different artists on their stock. These were not anywhere to be seen when Flipkart was importing decent stuff. I just got my shipment of 5 lps, 4 of which are from Nick Drake. Amazingly talented, very underrated musician. Glad Pritam is importing such stuff.

How did you know;)
He is world (in)famous in Delhi.:cool:

I've had the great fortune of meeting this gent once. He even served us chai; an act which I think he must have promptly listed in his "Do a good deed every decade" folder.

I think it was our Hiten Bhai who once penned a beautiful ode to this Shylock of Delhi. Need to search the forum.

Newbie should be encouraged to meet him at least once. Many of the woolly thoughts about this hobby will come crashing down faster than 78rpm.

Hi All...

We are organizing a day long event on December 14th in Hauz Khaz village where record collectors, dealers, audiophiles and record labels would be coming together to trade, discuss vinyl community and perform live acts. A one day only record fair at Hauz Khas Village with a diverse selection of sellers, dealers, record labels and collectors from all over the capital.

The NDVF will be hosted by Let's Bunk Poshtel and offers an ambient environment with a nice cafe area in the hall and we will host live musicians and vinyl selector during all day. We do hope to welcome you to this first edition of NDVF starting from 10 am and ending at 10 pm... the entry is free.

Over 8000 vinyl records will be displayed (English - All music genre, Rare Hindi Records, Turn-tables, Amplifiers & Cartridges would be displayed)

I’ve had a bad experience buying records from dealers in india (excluding FMs). Found that if you club your purchases then shipping is affordable on discogs especially from Europe. Plus the condition is exactly what is quoted, unlike here where you must at least degrade the stated condition by one/two depending on the degree of shadiness.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back