Visited Santhosh and saw his HT room today

GeorgeO

I went over with my wife and Sajith and Philip his afternoon to check out what Santhosh has wrought-in a word,impressive. He has researched this thoroughly and spent a lot of time and effort to get it right. We watched some video and listened to some music and I think anyone in Bangalore who wants to venture down this path should make the effort to reach his place( we almost got lost the way he did last week coming to my place!), and check out what he has done. The room has minimal reflections, and is a dedicated HT and audio room.

For more on it, check out his thread.

We also met his charming wife Vandana, and saw little Tejus too.

George

Thanks George, it was nice of cmsajith, Philip, your wife and yourself to have dropped in to checkout my Entertainment Room:).

Reading George's post, I appreciate very much the fact that he encourages the involvement of his wife in this madness hobby of ours. Almost everywhere, we see an All male participation but we should try & make this a couples meet too..... :)
so that while we males discuss our audio madness, the ladies too can hold discussions on their common interests & all have an enjoyable time...
Very True audio_engr, involving them is very important. Apart from the networking bit, wifes are also assured that their husband is not the only mad one:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks George, it was nice of cmsajith, Philip, your wife and yourself to have dropped in to checkout my Entertainment Room:).

I wish I was in Bangalore to visit your place, I am with all my heart very eager to see your efforts......well may be someday I will. And I see you call your Theater "Entertainment Room" now....:) I guess thats the result of our discussion on my thread:D.
Congratts on your achievement. BTW what all have you connected in your entertainment room.......??

I wish I was in Bangalore to visit your place, I am with all my heart very eager to see your efforts......well may be someday I will. And I see you call your Theater "Entertainment Room" now....:) I guess thats the result of our discussion on my thread:D.
Congratts on your achievement. BTW what all have you connected in your entertainment room.......??
Thanks Sammy, you are welcome to drop in when you are in Bangalore mate:).

All the equipment mentioned in my signature are connected and functional. The B&W speakers in front are shared between Stereo and HT.

Very True audio_engr, involving them is very important. Apart from the networking bit, wifes are also assured that their husband is not the only mad one:lol:

What a great idea santhosh:D They can also exchange sympathy notes on the mad hubbys.:eek:hyeah:

cheers,
sri

I am one of the lucky ones that also got to visit his "entertainment room" a couple of weeks ago.

It is truely amazing how well he has done up his AV room. It looks very professional and well researched. I went through his whole thread before I visited him and his committment has come through with the finish and sound quality. Bravo!! :clapping:

lovely setting santhosh! just went through your thread albeit skipping a few pages :) must have been quite an effort to accomplish! :clapping:

Yes, it truely an amazing setup, literally a "private PVR". Till I have a dedicated room, I will try to get an "Inox kinda" in my living room..:p

I have not seen Santosh' setup. But I appreciate his efforts in sharing his experience with us in this forum. It must have been a lot of effort in typing up the details. I have been a regular reader of this forum and with all due respect to others, I must say that his thread on HT building is one of best threads (if not the best) in this forum.

What a great idea santhosh:D They can also exchange sympathy notes on the mad hubbys.:eek:hyeah:

cheers,
sri
Warning: This worked well on that day but it doesn't always work. When I tried doing something similar with my automobile racing group, they form a group and try to blackmail(emotionally ofcourse) us on how dangerous racing can be;).

lovely setting santhosh! just went through your thread albeit skipping a few pages :) must have been quite an effort to accomplish! :clapping:
Thanks Gems Bond:), will drop in sometime to listen to your Lyrita rig.

Thanks guys, you are too kind with your words. If only you could see me, you that I am blushing:)

I am one of the lucky ones that also got to visit his "entertainment room" a couple of weeks ago.

It is truely amazing how well he has done up his AV room. It looks very professional and well researched. I went through his whole thread before I visited him and his committment has come through with the finish and sound quality. Bravo!! :clapping:
Thanks fellow Jeeper and AV enthusiast. Folks FYI, Ganesh and I are friends through another online community (for Jeepers). In our telephonic discussion one day, I just mentioned that I was building my HT and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that both were interested in AV. He has posted pictures of his room and equipment in the "My A/V Setup" thread. Needless to say, our discussion are mostly about AV nowadays:lol:.

Yes, it truely an amazing setup, literally a "private PVR". Till I have a dedicated room, I will try to get an "Inox kinda" in my living room..:p
I know you have big plans for your HT buddy, much beyond what I have imagined or implemented. Fixed curved screen, Risers et all. Would love to see your dream room man.

I have not seen Santosh' setup. But I appreciate his efforts in sharing his experience with us in this forum. It must have been a lot of effort in typing up the details. I have been a regular reader of this forum and with all due respect to others, I must say that his thread on HT building is one of best threads (if not the best) in this forum.
The thread was just me asking questions, members replying to help and me doing some homework and reporting back. It turned out the way it has due to the knowledgable and contributions of members here without whom my build would not have been possible. So, Kudos to our members:clapping:.

I know you have big plans for your HT buddy, much beyond what I have imagined or implemented. Fixed curved screen, Risers et all. Would love to see your dream room man.

In an Apartment-Living room setup I cannot go with a curved screen because of the aesthetic issues. Anyways Curved Screen with speakers hidden behind, Seating Risers etc will have the first priority once i get a dedicated room. To be honest, making a theater room (even with mock ticket counters, popcorn dispensers, bar or what ever) is not at all an expensive one, considering the work involved, provided that we know what are we doing..:). So my livingroom setup will be a trial or can be considered as an academic practical for that...:p:p

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back