Voltage switch from 110 to 220

Colecutter

Members,

Does anyone know of a technician who can do the job of internally switching amps and cd players which are wired for 110V, for operation in India at 220V?

Thanks.

This can only be done if the internal transformer is wound to accept either 110V or 230/220V, in which case a technician can wire it to the 230V taps. Some have this provision while most (in my experience) don't.

If you're not sure if your equipment has it, it's better to use a good quality external 230/220V to 110V transformer.

Does anyone know of a technician who can do the job of internally switching amps and cd players which are wired for 110V, for operation in India at 220V?

Any technician with a moderate skill level can do for you so long as you explain him what you want and don't expect any guarantee of any kind thereafter. However, I'd second awedeophile's suggestion to get a step up transformer rather than trying a tweak on the amp.

Hi,
I also agree with both ! please don't bother to open and tamper with the original design ! instead buy a 220-110 converter,that'll not only do the job for you but save you the trouble and hassle of tampering the original transformer !
Regards.

I used to run a transformer for my older 110v Onkyo Tx-Ds676 u.s Model.
Works just fine, the question is where does one hide the ugly black box.

Hi,

You can hide it in soo many places like if you have a equipment rack,Behind it or Tv trolly or anything !

The main thing is not tamper with the original transformer,hiding something is not as important as not tampering !

Regards.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back