Volumio now supports Tidal Connect

Yes, but only the paid Volumio tier. If you are on the Turkish Tidal plan, the volumio subscription will cost you as much as Tidal. Hopefully it will make its way to other Raspberry Pi based software as well

Yes, but only the paid Volumio tier. If you are on the Turkish Tidal plan, the volumio subscription will cost you as much as Tidal. Hopefully it will make its way to other Raspberry Pi based software as well
Yes, as I said earlier, it's available for thr paid Virtuoso and Superstar plans. Tidal doesn't license the Connect API for open-source software. I am sure Volumio needs to be pay some license/royalty fee for Tidal integration and Connect. So it's unlikely that this feature will be implemented in free RPi software.

Thanks @shyamv . It's working fine, both from my pc and Android phone. Volumio (virtuoso) did have Tidal integration in any case, ie, one could access Tidal through Volumio, but now one can do it the other way round too. Should it affect SQ?

Thanks @shyamv . It's working fine, both from my pc and Android phone. Volumio (virtuoso) did have Tidal integration in any case, ie, one could access Tidal through Volumio, but now one can do it the other way round too. Should it affect SQ?

I don't observe any difference in sound quality with Tidal Connect in comparison to the native integration with Volumio. With Tidal Connect, Tidal App is just a messenger. The actual Tidal stream is downloaded and rendered by the paired network streamer ie Volumio+RPi in this case. However, it's a lot more convenient via Tidal App as Tidal integration in Volumio is less than ideal.

I subscribed Volumio Virtuoso its 2.8K, subscribed Tidal too. I use Allo Piano 2.1 + Kali reclocker on RPi 3platform.
could feel big difference in the audio quality.

Here's something I figured out recently. You may already know this.

mConnect Lite app (free version) or mConnect HD app (₹500) does bit-perfect Tidal (including MQA if one has a DAC that supports it) or Qobuz streaming via UPnP to both Volumio and Moode. This works perfectly even if one does not have Volumio Virtuoso or Superstar subscription. All one needs to do is enable the regular UPnP or Open home renderer on Volumio or Moode. mConnect works with both and sends gapless, bit-perfect stream over to Volumio or Moode. Zero dropouts and can't make out any difference in comparison to the native app or Tidal Connect on Volumio. I tried on an Android phone but this apparently works on iOS too.

mConnect Lite app (free version) or mConnect HD app (₹500) does bit-perfect Tidal (including MQA if one has a DAC that supports it) or Qobuz streaming via UPnP to both Volumio and Moode. This works perfectly even if one does not have Volumio Virtuoso or Superstar subscription. All one needs to do is enable the regular UPnP or Open home renderer on Volumio or Moode. mConnect works with both and sends gapless, bit-perfect stream over to Volumio or Moode. Zero dropouts and can't make out any difference in comparison to the native app or Tidal Connect on Volumio. I tried on an Android phone but this apparently works on iOS too.
This is great @shyamv. I tried the mconnect lite version and it works perfectly as you said. It makes streaming much more easier and not at all lagging like the native Volumio app. I was only using Volumio was it’s ease of access over MoOde and now with this, it’s time to explore mOode.
Thank you for this! Will try the lite version for a couple of days and then look at going in for the paid version.

Regards,
Som

Yes it's a cool app. I'm using the USB audio Pro upnp renderer on one phone which is wired to the dac (USB C to mini USB) and controlling tidal playback in USB audio pro app from another phone. Since I'm using the USB Pro app paid version with MQA support, the phone is working quite well as a network streamer!

Yes it's a cool app. I'm using the USB audio Pro upnp renderer on one phone which is wired to the dac (USB C to mini USB) and controlling tidal playback in USB audio pro app from another phone. Since I'm using the USB Pro app paid version with MQA support, the phone is working quite well as a network streamer!
Yes, UAPP also works well and can do MQA decoding. How do you control the playback from another phone?

Yes, UAPP also works well and can do MQA decoding. How do you control the playback from another phone?
I use MConnect.. I log in to tidal from mconnect, and then select usb audio upnp renderer as source. Everything I select and play in mconnect gets played back through USB audio Pro on the phone connected with the dac. On this dac connected phone, I enable upnp rendering on USB audio Pro app and this is picked up by Mconnect on the other phone..

Hope I'm able to explain :D

I use MConnect.. I log in to tidal from mconnect, and then select usb audio upnp renderer as source. Everything I select and play in mconnect gets played back through USB audio Pro on the phone connected with the dac. On this dac connected phone, I enable upnp rendering on USB audio Pro app and this is picked up by Mconnect on the other phone..

Hope I'm able to explain :D

Yes, this works well. I had not tried the UAPP renderer earlier. At first, I was getting a message saying no active track on Phone 2. I had to plug-out and plug-in USB and restart UAPP renderer a couple of times for this to get working. UAPP on phone 2 also decodes MQA. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, this works well. I had not tried the UAPP renderer earlier. At first, I was getting a message saying no active track on Phone 2. I had to plug-out and plug-in USB and restart UAPP renderer a couple of times for this to get working. UAPP on phone 2 also decodes MQA. Thanks for the tip.
Happy to help.. Good to see you gave it a few tries.. It does test one's patience

Here is a Beta branch of Volumio 3, based on the latest Debian kernels (supports WiFi, NVMe, Embaded Storage, Latest ALSA drivers). Give it a shot. It's pretty much stable. And Tidal Connect is Awesome.

Yes, happy to hear that Tidal Connect is available for Volumio. No matter which Volumio OS devices I have, I can control Tidal music playback on it via the Tidal app now. Besides, it's also able to play Tidal music on Volumio via the Volumio UI with the Volumio Virtuoso or Superstar subscription.

volumio-tidal-connect.jpg

I am using Volumio free version with mConnect HD app. Streaming from Tidal with Dragonfly Red but MQA files does not change the colour to pink as should be when MQA is played. Pls suggest where I have gone wrong. I am new to RPI configuration.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back