Volumio now supports Tidal Connect

GunGrave87

Hello.

I have been trying to make tidal work with BubbleUpnp and mConnect and it does not work. Streaming local files works, but does not work with Tidal. Did they "fix" something to force users to buy Volumio ?

OM_2K19

Hello.

I have been trying to make tidal work with BubbleUpnp and mConnect and it does not work. Streaming local files works, but does not work with Tidal. Did they "fix" something to force users to buy Volumio ?
You can stream Tidal to any UPnP renderer (AVR/DAC/Active Speakers) through Bubble UPnP/mConnect. If you want to stream Tidal through Volumio (Tidal Connect/Native Tidal playback), you need a Volumio subscription. The reason behind Tidal is charging them a licensing fee to use their SDK.

GunGrave87

I am talking about what other users have mentioned in this post, where they used BubbleUpnp/mConnect Lite to connect to Tidal and them stream autio to the Volumio Raspberry Pi (that appears as Volumio Upnp/AV as renderer).
Or am I missing something ?

OM_2K19

I am talking about what other users have mentioned in this post, where they used BubbleUpnp/mConnect Lite to connect to Tidal and them stream autio to the Volumio Raspberry Pi (that appears as Volumio Upnp/AV as renderer).
Or am I missing something ?

Stream From Android​

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.