Volumio now supports Tidal Connect

Hello.

I have been trying to make tidal work with BubbleUpnp and mConnect and it does not work. Streaming local files works, but does not work with Tidal. Did they "fix" something to force users to buy Volumio ?

Hello.

I have been trying to make tidal work with BubbleUpnp and mConnect and it does not work. Streaming local files works, but does not work with Tidal. Did they "fix" something to force users to buy Volumio ?
You can stream Tidal to any UPnP renderer (AVR/DAC/Active Speakers) through Bubble UPnP/mConnect. If you want to stream Tidal through Volumio (Tidal Connect/Native Tidal playback), you need a Volumio subscription. The reason behind Tidal is charging them a licensing fee to use their SDK.

I am talking about what other users have mentioned in this post, where they used BubbleUpnp/mConnect Lite to connect to Tidal and them stream autio to the Volumio Raspberry Pi (that appears as Volumio Upnp/AV as renderer).
Or am I missing something ?

I am talking about what other users have mentioned in this post, where they used BubbleUpnp/mConnect Lite to connect to Tidal and them stream autio to the Volumio Raspberry Pi (that appears as Volumio Upnp/AV as renderer).
Or am I missing something ?

Stream From Android​

Also I want to mention that BubbleUpnp has no issue sending tidal streaming to my Lg TV, so I don't think there is a limitation on Tidal's side.

If I'm not mistaken Volumio 3 has Qobuz integration. Has anyone tried this? Is it functionally similar to Tidal connect with the native app?

If I'm not mistaken Volumio 3 has Qobuz integration. Has anyone tried this? Is it functionally similar to Tidal connect with the native app?
Qobuz is yet to come out with something similar to Tidal Connect; I would love to see that. It makes life so easy. Volumio experience with Qobuz is not Tidal Connect-like; instead, it enables you to play Quobuz tracks within Volumio Player.

I started using Volumio (Premium Subscription)+ Tidal connect about a month back. I have this problem of constant buffering and the music stops. Terrible and annoying. I have set the Audio Buffer Size to 12 MB. I use an Airtel Broadband 50 MBps, Wired Lan.

Has anybody faced this issue and if there is a solution for this.

I started using Volumio (Premium Subscription)+ Tidal connect about a month back. I have this problem of constant buffering and the music stops. Terrible and annoying. I have set the Audio Buffer Size to 12 MB. I use an Airtel Broadband 50 MBps, Wired Lan.

Has anybody faced this issue and if there is a solution for this.
I had the same problem on a pi3b, works fine with a pi4. My guess is its hardware or network related

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back