Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV

Rushabh

Hi guys,

I wanted to buy a 40 inch TV and have shortlisted couple of models of VU Tv,
1.Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV
2.Vu 40K16 102 cm (40) LED TV

The prices on flipkart are almost same and the only noticeable difference is that 40K16 has 3 HDMI ports and 40D6575 has 2 ports.
Also 40D6575 is backlit LED and 40K16 is Edgelit.

40D6575 is a new model recently launched.

Could any one please advice which one to go for, backlit is better or edgelit?

Thanks.

though I have not experienced it myself, but I've read at a few places that direct led is better than edge lit.

I am also looking to purchase any one of these two ... so recommendations are welcome

Hi Guys,

First post here. Took the plunge and ordered this model. Spec that differentiated this with other Vu models was back lit LED. Back lit is better than edge lit. In backlit there is concept of local dimming which is a premium feature and not expected in such budget television sets. Other feature is 1:1 pixel mapping which is not there in micromax models. This is very useful to connect our mobiles and stream content.

Cheers,
Rakesh

Where does it mention that its backlit led? I think it just mentions LED backlight
BTW 40K16 has SPDIF(which may be of no use), tried and tested model + 1 more hdmi port.

The new one is just the cost saving one for the company..
They have cut some manufacturing costs

One way I found this out is Backlit LEDs are generally thicker than Edgelit as more LEDs need to be arranged. 40D6575 was thicker than 40K16 and a relatively newer model. The VU site does not metion it as CCFL(old technology) nor Edge lit. Sound is 8Wx2 compared to 40K16 which has 7Wx2. I use a 2.1 anyways and know that the audio from this as well as other cheap TVs wont be top quality.

The TV was delivered to me on Saturday and is awesome for the price. Tested few 1080p via USB and TV viewing has been a pleasure for a fact that I upgraded from an old 21 inch CRT :p

One way I found this out is Backlit LEDs are generally thicker than Edgelit as more LEDs need to be arranged. 40D6575 was thicker than 40K16 and a relatively newer model. The VU site does not metion it as CCFL(old technology) nor Edge lit. Sound is 8Wx2 compared to 40K16 which has 7Wx2. I use a 2.1 anyways and know that the audio from this as well as other cheap TVs wont be top quality.

The TV was delivered to me on Saturday and is awesome for the price. Tested few 1080p via USB and TV viewing has been a pleasure for a fact that I upgraded from an old 21 inch CRT [emoji14]

Can you test for backlight bleeds or clouding issues...
Just view a completely black 1080p image

i want to sell my 40 inch samsung lcd.i have bought it around 1.5 yrs back.and it completely in working condition.i am selling it cos i am planning to install new home theater system.i can sell it 25000/-

Guys,

Even i am looking to buy this Vu 40D6575, compared to Vu40K model this seems to be advanced model. Please post your opinions.

Can you test for backlight bleeds or clouding issues...
Just view a completely black 1080p image
Tried testing a 1080p black wallpaper. There were no clouding issues from my view. Regarding backight bleeds here are my observations.

The back light was evenly spread across entire screen. I cant say it was pitch black but at the same time the light was not concentrated on the edges. Still need some concrete way to establish if this is edge lit or back lit.

Guys,

Even i am looking to buy this Vu 40D6575, compared to Vu40K model this seems to be advanced model. Please post your opinions.
Not it ain't advanced..

It's a cost cutting model.. They have cut on some manufacturing cost and selling at the same price as the previous model...

Also 40k16 is out of stock everywhere note and out of production too..
So no other option

Not it ain't advanced..

It's a cost cutting model.. They have cut on some manufacturing cost and selling at the same price as the previous model...

Also 40k16 is out of stock everywhere note and out of production too..
So no other option

which one did you get bro? The 40k16 or the D657?

I need to buy one and the 40k16 is not available in my pin code, the 6575 is, wondering if I should take the plunge.
Wait for a free months if you can..
I think the price may drop..
Else get a big incher

Hi,
I am also planing to buy Vu 40D6575 model. I checked on FK website and it shows 4:3 aspect ratio, AFAIK most of the Sony/Samsungs LED's have 16:9 Aspect Ratio. Can anybody enlighten whats the difference between both of them and is it good or bad?

Hi,
I am also planing to buy Vu 40D6575 model. I checked on FK website and it shows 4:3 aspect ratio, AFAIK most of the Sony/Samsungs LED's have 16:9 Aspect Ratio. Can anybody enlighten whats the difference between both of them and is it good or bad?

History of the 4:3 Aspect Ratio

The 4:3 aspect ratio has been around since the early days of television in the 1940's and 1950's. A television that has an aspect ratio of 4:3 is often referred to as being NTSC, or pan and scan. The majority of analog cable channels still broadcast in 4:3.

History of the 16:9 Aspect Ratio

The 16:9 aspect ratio is a product of movie producers. They wanted to find a way to make their movies bigger and better in order to attract more customers. The widescreen format of the 16:9 aspect ratio allows users to view a bigger picture when compared to the 4:3 aspect ratio. The 16:9 aspect ratio also enhances the quality of the image by allowing for bolder backdrops and scenery. The 16:9 aspect ratio is not as wide as what you would see in a cinema, but it is close.

Difference in Television Watching

Both the 4:3 aspect ratio and 16:9 aspect ratio remain popular today. A 4:3 aspect ratio will produce a more box-like picture, because the screen is only slightly wider than it is high. A 16:9 aspect ratio will produce a widescreen, or letterbox, picture. If you are watching only analog cable, a 4:3 aspect ratio is for you. Being that 16:9 is the standard aspect ratio of HD televisions, you will need a television that is compatible with the 16:9 aspect ratio in order to benefit from the high definition picture.

When it all comes down to it, aspect ratio is really a personal preference. Some people do not like that newer movies have to be cropped to fit within a 4:3 screen, while others may not like the black bars that come with a 16:9 widescreen television.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back