Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV

I ordered vu 40" LED tv in Rs18240/- on 14 October on Flipkart, they delivered tv on 17 October and installation and demo on same day. I connected tv to Videocon d2h DH setup box. VU HD picture quality is mind blowing, it's equal to Sony and Samsung. Coming to SD channels they are OK and good, by setting 6" distance SD channels are perfect and clear. User interface is good. I will give 10/10 for picture quality, vu using A+ grade achromatic panels. Sound output is low, but it's sufficient for 12x16' room.
Rs 18240? But price on Flipkart App showed Rs 19990. Did you use SBI or Stanchart card ?

Last edited:
I ordered vu 40" LED tv in Rs18240/- on 14 October on Flipkart, they delivered tv on 17 October and installation and demo on same day. I connected tv to Videocon d2h DH setup box. VU HD picture quality is mind blowing, it's equal to Sony and Samsung. Coming to SD channels they are OK and good, by setting 6" distance SD channels are perfect and clear. User interface is good. I will give 10/10 for picture quality, vu using A+ grade achromatic panels. Sound output is low, but it's sufficient for 12x16' room.

The picture clarity is good when you see that it costs lot less than Sony or LG, but PQ never equal to even LG, let alone Sony. Facts stay that way if you do a proper comparison side by side.

But when you see it alone, you cannot find much faults except for colour accuracy and some artifacts in low quality video

I have ordered one for 18240, I am expecting this to be delivered by this Saturday. I have checked the PQ of a 32" in a local shop in Chennai and it was good. Let me see how it is when it comes home. :)

Hi,
I have also bought this TV an received 2 days back. Its a great TV but I found that there are no buttons on TV for power on/off, volume up/down and channel up/down.
How can this be possible? Can you please share an updated on it?
Thanks,
Shus

Bought VU 40 6545 FHD on the sale day for 18250. Got it last Saturday & installation was done on the same day. Connected lap via HDMI->VGA converter <->VGA port of TV and it responds well with 1080p resolution. Watched few 1080p videos in youtube and it shows the details in depth when you compare with 720p. Did not find any hue / saturation issues. I would say its VFM. Noticed a dead pixel & have asked for replacement, Flipkart promised me a replacement by Tuesday. Planning to get a stabilizer & extended warranty for 3 years. For the sound part its good for a medium sized room, you can always connect with amp if you need good effect.

For the button, it has a single button on the right side bottom which acts as as source change & power on/off button. Have not tried other options for the button. Planning to get additional remote after few months, just to make sure i have one spare :)
I am facing issues sourcing remote for my Altec Lancing 5.1 speakers where all the features work only with remote.

The picture clarity is good when you see that it costs lot less than Sony or LG, but PQ never equal to even LG, let alone Sony. Facts stay that way if you do a proper comparison side by side.

But when you see it alone, you cannot find much faults except for colour accuracy and some artifacts in low quality video

Sir, can you please elaborate on the PQ when compared to other brands? What is missing in the VU panels?

Hi,
I purchased VU 40D6575 from Flipkart.

I have been experiencing two issues.
1. I've connected Logitech 2.1 speakers. I experience a thundering sound when changing channels or while pressing pause and play buttons while playing videos from USB. Is this a common issue?
2. Is there anyway to change the size and color of subtitles? The subtitle size is extremely small and white in color. I never faced this problem with my earlier tv (Sony Bravia 32" LED, EX330). When the background video is white or any other lighter color, the subs are not at all visible.
Kindly help. Should I go for a replacement? Its just been 10 days since purchase.
Thanks,
Premjeeth

Hi,
I have also bought this TV an received 2 days back. Its a great TV but I found that there are no buttons on TV for power on/off, volume up/down and channel up/down.
How can this be possible? Can you please share an updated on it?
Thanks,
Shus
Dude they are on the sides on the right side

It has very low refresh rate may be around 40hz so even 60fps game feels like 20fps. For gaming it's waste

Dude they are on the sides on the right side

Thanks Bud but there is none for sure. Double checked the same but since you are usually right in your quotes, can you please click a snap and post here to help me &b us all.

Thanks again!
:D

Thanks Bud but there is none for sure. Double checked the same but since you are usually right in your quotes, can you please click a snap and post here to help me &b us all.

Thanks again!
:D
It is just below the LED indicator, that flickers red & blue, when you use TV remote control.

Same pintch[emoji6]. I also ordered same product on 17th (yesterday ) for same price. But delivery date is 3rd of next month. I am from vijayawada. Buy the way I will not have any problems with sound because I have logitech z623 200w rms monster.[emoji3] .
Did you take extended warrenty?

Have you connected the TV to your logitech using headphone jack? If yes, is there a hissing sound that you have observed?

Sir, can you please elaborate on the PQ when compared to other brands? What is missing in the VU panels?

Friend, You will find what is missing only when you do side by side comparison. Its very negligible and 19 k is not a price to nitpick such issues when other Tv are costing nearly @ double the price.

Is it reliable one.? Since VU is new to indian market especially in Home segment.?

No idea how reliable it is. Even products of big brands fail prematurely.

No game mode in this model... Also 8ms won't be good for gaming

If 8ms is not good, then what is good then ? This is a TV and not a Gaming monitor and hope you will keep that in mind.

It has very low refresh rate may be around 40hz so even 60fps game feels like 20fps. For gaming it's waste

So, where did you come up with this junk info regarding refresh rate :sad:?

Such an elaborate post..

I compared it to 6.5ms in the previous model 40" vu which was @23k

40Hz? From where did you get this info?
Spec sheet says 60Hz. When I use it as a monitor, using HDMI cable, it shows 60Hz. Will you please clarify?
Sorry, that 40hz is my creation. (It is my assumption). Because I can see the video is not smooth. It is showing 60hz doesn't mean that ur computer counted it. It just takes the info feeded on the tv software.
For eg: when watching CNBC tv18 or ETNOW the stock quotes which are scrolling on bottom are not smooth. It is like it jumps with cuts. It is not the case with my previous samsung tv. It makes little inconvenience to my eyes.

Same is the case with movies and all video. It is most noticeable when panning the camera in movies or games. The object cuts

For eg: when playing gta San andreas with fraps on, I get a constant 60 fps. But the game clutters as if am playing a game with 20 to 30 fps. But this is not the case with my Samsung 60hz monitor. It plays very smoothly without eye fatigue.

Yes, vu claims it as 60hz , but I am pretty sure tv is not running at 60 fps.

Finally, I still recommend the tv because of the following considerations

1. Half the price with same features.
2 . excellent colour reproduction. True colours.
3. Only bad thing is its refresh rate.( Most of people don't even notice it including my family. Only trained eyes can notice it)
4. I forgot to mention it has some sound issues when connecting it to external speakers. It creates a boom boom sound from my subwoofer and thud thud sound from my 2.0 speakers when changing video from usb or pausing etc...

Still I recommend this tv for price I paid.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back