VU 4K UHD Television - Installed

You can buy Samsung or Sony blue ray player. It upscale signal to 4K
Also DVD ( 720P ) to 1080P
Worth investing 13K if you have 4k capable TV.

You can buy Samsung or Sony blue ray player. It upscale signal to 4K
Also DVD ( 720P ) to 1080P
Worth investing 13K if you have 4k capable TV.

I am planning for an Oppo blueray player later this year but am waiting for the 3D version. Its expected to be launched later this year.

Well I bought a VU 55 inch 3d full hd model 3nd half years ago by spending 90k from a local store nd also went for 2 years additional warrantymy paying 7k extra . In 2014 dec. I noticed small dots probably 2 or 3 on the panel which are literally invisible to the naked eye until. So I raised a complaint and was told that the model which I have has been discontinued and I had an option for going for a new 1080p 3d smart tv with no extra cost or by paying 8k more I would get a 4k 55 inch smart tv, so the obvious choice was the later one .so far so good .The customer care is good enough in big cities ,kindly check before buying for the availability of a service centre.And coming to the Tv's performance it's decent enough for the price I have paid. As I m using an Onkyo TX-NR828 amp which upscales videos to 4k is doing a great job.My only complaint is that the inbuilt media player doesn't support all the video formats like LG or Samsung.

@Hari: Pls invest in a HDMI source video box, maybe a FHD Tsky. Since you have invested in a 4K TV, your composite source does not justify the investment. Any converter taking input from composite will only convert the signal from one media to another keeping the PQ to the source itself.

@Hari: Pls invest in a HDMI source video box, maybe a FHD Tsky. Since you have invested in a 4K TV, your composite source does not justify the investment. Any converter taking input from composite will only convert the signal from one media to another keeping the PQ to the source itself.

Does TSky transmit in 1080i or 1080p?

Yes, they do 1080i.

Ok, i have now ordered a VGA to HDMI converter that converts VGA signal from 1280 x 728, 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz to 1920 x 1080p. I have already invested in a composite to VGA converter and am getting excellent results. After installing the progressive scan converter will compare with my neighbours Cable TV with HD transmission.

Yes, it supports ARC & am not using it though. Do not know how to use it and how it will be useful. Yet to explore that.

Hai I am planning to buy Vu 42D6455 or Vu 48D6455 both 4k model and I am also planning to buy JBL Sound Base 2.2 with HDMI ARC, Can I make it happened with the above Vu models? Please share with us how to use it.

Found couple of links which explains in brief the ARC concept,

HDMI :: Manufacturer :: HDMI 1.4 :: Audio Return Channel

What is Audio Return Channel (ARC)? - CNET

I may not be able to use this concept as my Denon AVR-1604 (2002 model) does not have any HDMI input. The TV does has an optical output and hence can connect the TV with the AVR through the optical cable.

Not all models of VU support ARC... Only the higher end models with the 4K resolution & 2K with smart features...

It is a pity that the lower end models don't support the good ARC function which can reduce the cables between devices greatly..

What's bothering to post pics of the setup. Did u really get the tv or doing just some brand advertising. Just confused lots of talk no pic

Ok, you are getting impatient without pictures, I will upload whatever snap I hv taken by tonight. BTW, HFV is the last place any one would advertise on planet earth, if you do you may actually loose out on customers instead of getting one :lol:

What's bothering to post pics of the setup. Did u really get the tv or doing just some brand advertising. Just confused lots of talk no pic

It is up to OP whether to post pics of his setup or not,if he is willing to do so.He will put the pics here.So you don't have any rights to question about whether he purchased or not and we don't appreciate in HFV the loose talks of brand advertising etc., Moderator pls take notes of these.

Ok, you are getting impatient without pictures, I will upload whatever snap I hv taken by tonight. BTW, HFV is the last place any one would advertise on planet earth, if you do you may actually loose out on customers instead of getting one :lol:

That is the right :lol:spirit Sir

I am now using the TV for all my browsing requirement, Youtube, gmails and at times hifivision browsing too. Will need to purchase a wireless keyboard and have them interfaced with the TV. Will make typing easy which currently am doing with my remote. The speed is awesome with youtubes even better than my laptop so to say. I never had any hangouts even with watching full length movies in youtube. Awesome speed to explain in one word. Without the web interface and browsing i would say the TV of the future is incomplete.

I am now using the TV for all my browsing requirement, Youtube, gmails and at times hifivision browsing too. Will need to purchase a wireless keyboard and have them interfaced with the TV. Will make typing easy which currently am doing with my remote. The speed is awesome with youtubes even better than my laptop so to say. I never had any hangouts even with watching full length movies in youtube. Awesome speed to explain in one word. Without the web interface and browsing i would say the TV of the future is incomplete.

I was using the Logitech K400 as a wireless keyboard and mouse and I have to say this is a superb product. Works on just about any device, and works very well too. And is very reasonably priced.

The only negative is build quality. It is indeed a bit flimsy and light, but I am comparing it to fairly well built keyboards. And I think for the price, the build quality is adequate.

But the core functions - of being a good keyboard and a decent touch-pad - it does the job really well. And extremely good value for money.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back