VU 4K UHD Television - Installed

Thanks Sharif, price paid 3 weeks ago was 1L- Kohinoor Televideo, Thane, Will post images by weekend.

This is my current set up , the TV is connected to my Laptop through Onkyo TX-NR828 Amp from where the resolution is being upscaled to 38602160 Resolution.Sorry for the poor quality pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20150529_200330.jpg
    IMG_20150529_200330.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20150529_200357.jpg
    IMG_20150529_200357.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20150529_200633.jpg
    IMG_20150529_200633.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20150529_200646.jpg
    IMG_20150529_200646.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 254
Some images from my setup -

725e1f.jpg

14jqmxc.jpg

fucppf.jpg

e5pvl5.jpg

2q19ix4.jpg

4u8nk3.jpg

The first 3 images are in dark and next in full day light.

Last edited:
Some more images taken today - enjoy

im1ctf.jpg

2d1a3gm.jpg

5dv1av.jpg

1fwrw7.jpg

ac7ask.jpg

i44abb.jpg

2vbnbq8.jpg

2di22ra.jpg

All images are from 576i SD upscaled to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz using the converter. The image of the converter is in the previous post. I have also ordered the VGA to HDMI converter which converts to 1080p. Its expected in another 2 to 3 weeks. Will post images later for that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics... TV looks even more beautiful...:clapping:

Have you connected PC to TV via VGA port? Have you considered a Graphics card with HDMI out?

May be you should consider an AVR with 4K upscaling feature (in near future) with dedicated video processor which can handle the upscaling process more efficiently...

Thanks for the pics... TV looks even more beautiful...:clapping:

Have you connected PC to TV via VGA port? Have you considered a Graphics card with HDMI out?

May be you should consider an AVR with 4K upscaling feature (in near future) with dedicated video processor which can handle the upscaling process more efficiently...

I have connected my laptop to this TV using the VGA port and am actually watching DVD movies by this method using the VLC player (my Pioneer DVD player is not working since past 6 months and i may go for a Blueray player).

The converter does a very good job of converting the composite video to VGA with upscaling too. I have compared both composite and VGA and find the colour quality in the VGA to be way ahead than the composite video.

I have already ordered the VGA to HDMI converter from eBay which takes a RGBHV signal and upscales it to 1080p. My VGA now outputs 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz. I believe if i feed this signal to the VGA to HDMI converter it should be able to upscale it to 1080p. The only way to check this out is to connect and find out. I am expecting the delivery in 2 to 3 weeks time, will post images after that.

I will like feedback from FMs if the HD set top boxes from Tata sky, Dish TV also provide better images than what i am currently getting? Since the transmission is currently 1080i, I will need to discover if my converter does a better job than the set top box. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sir the pictures look as good as HD..wonderful mod you got here..

The best thing about the mod is it was very economical to implement

Composite to VGA converter - Rs.1050/-

VGA to HDMI converter - Rs.740/-

Both converters are available at eBay.

Congrats on your purchase, Hari. When you upscale a lower quality video signal, how does it compare with a HD ( 1080p/ 1080i) signal. Is the latter not the better alternative?

I do agree that later is a better option, but with this method I am able to get 90% of the quality with all channels into 1080p. Even the by service envy acknowlede this.

i bought a vu 65" inch uhd tv and the images looks pixelated and blurry unlike the images that i have seen here the video still pictures looks fine . i connected set top box and played fhd videos the videos looks worst while viewing with set top box.can somebody help me with the issue??

@Hari Iyer sir.

Can you please mention the model number?? I went through all the 6 pages and could not find the model number mentioned anywhere?? is it XT780GAU3D??

Also are you finding any ghosting effect when you play movies with fast action scenes?? or sports??

This month the VU TV purchased in 2015 completed full 8 years of service with zero issues till date. My average Dail usage is around 2 hrs. Works and looks like new.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back