VU 55 Iconium 4k Android Review

Hi guys.
Am new to this forum here.I came across this forum when i was searching for VU TV reviews.
Congratulations @gp_freak for the purchase.

Can you specify the model number of the TV that you have bought??

Also when you goto VU website ,there are 2 models namely XT780 worth 70k and HU7545 worth 63k.

Can someone tell me the difference between these models??

Also HU7545 has android with inbuilt storage while XT780 has android based smart OS and does not have storage .Is this the difference or is there something more to it??

And are both 3D ??

I know am asking too many questions. but hope these questions do help others too.

Hi guys.
Am new to this forum here.I came across this forum when i was searching for VU TV reviews.
Congratulations @gp_freak for the purchase.

Can you specify the model number of the TV that you have bought??

Also when you goto VU website ,there are 2 models namely XT780 worth 70k and HU7545 worth 63k.

Can someone tell me the difference between these models??

And are both 3D ??

I know am asking too many questions. but hope these questions do help others too.

HU7545 is the model we got and its not 3D. Honestly I don't know the difference between the two, but I think HU7545 is the latest model and the other one for 70K doesn't have android I guess.

So the other one is with 3d.thats what the description says.
Also your Tv has inbuilt storage right. Also the refresh rate is good enough for watching football?? How's your experience regarding that.

So the other one is with 3d.thats what the description says.
Also your Tv has inbuilt storage right. Also the refresh rate is good enough for watching football?? How's your experience regarding that.

Also can you let me know the price you paid and did you opt for extended warranty as well??

I am not able to find the description whether that is 3D or not in the VU website, but the product number is direct Hisense product number and the Hisense website says its 3d. But do note, I have seen people complaining that video is displayed a bit faster( like minutely fast-forwarded) in that TV than normal.

The inbuilt storage is for android and did not see much motion blur, but did not check football in it. I paid 60K with free twist speakers. Yet to take the extended warranty for it.

Thanks GP_Freak for your response. I had Ordered 55uH7545 Model but they delivered LTDN55XT780XWAU3D which is priced slightly higher than the other earlier. When I inquired about the differences in model and verified on their website no significant difference in the model either.

Anybody has any view on these model differences.

Thanks and Regards
Shr

Thanks GP_Freak for your response. I had Ordered 55uH7545 Model but they delivered LTDN55XT780XWAU3D which is priced slightly higher than the other earlier. When I inquired about the differences in model and verified on their website no significant difference in the model either.

Anybody has any view on these model differences.

Thanks and Regards
Shr

780X does not have android. So did you get the 3D glasses along with the Tv ? Is it active or passive 3D

XT780 does have some kind of Smart OS though.

Do post your experience about this TV too as we do not have a review of this model.

Also how good is the upscaling in XT780 and HU??

XT780 does have some kind of Smart OS though.

Do post your experience about this TV too as we do not have a review of this model.

Also how good is the upscaling in XT780 and HU??

I have not seen the XT780 in flesh, so unable to comment on it.

How good is the upscaling in your TV. sorry to bother you with so many questions.

No Problem buddy. Just feel free to post your queries.

TV is Pretty good for 1080P movies, good for 720 P. For lesser source, its not great. Just okayish sort.

Happy New year 2016 to all members.
Posting this review for LTDN55XT780XWAU3D - Corporate Display. I guess there is difference in home model and Corporate display model in terms of build. Write to their website for difference.

Writing this review as I could not find online reviews but still bought this TV. :)

External Appearance: It is very good and looks professional. Small LED indicator for Power ON/OFF. Vu name appears very bleak, do does not hamper viewing experience.

Picture Quality(PQ) : In my opinion output is directly proportional to Input signal quality. I am using 576i AV input from cable provider and picture is satisfactory. In my opinion it is not upscaling to 4K but will write to their support team to confirm.

Comapring 4K upscale with one of the Japanese leading Television brand, to check if it will upscale 576i AV to 4K content, then that brand sales guy said, it will upscale only to next level. So I am not expecting Vu to upscale 576i to 4K. So PQ is dependent on input signal.

4K Content can be played directly from USB and PQ is good.Also played .mkv files from USB and played well. External Hard disk is compatible and played some 4K videos and PQ was good.

4K: Content played is good if the input is 4k. You can visit below forum to decide if you want to spend more for 4K.
Why Ultra HD 4K TVs are still stupid - CNET

I still bought it because I was ok to spend initially as I will replace this TV when it breaks down and becomes difficult to maintain :).
But 4K is easier to sell. Infact I was also sold on this feature but ask for demo and test yourself to make up your mind for 4K. At current date there is still large price gap between 4K and HDTVs. Also after 42 Inches every Inch that you pay for makes you pay heavy. Your value for money reduces after 42 inch TV. ( Optionally Buy projector for daily use )

Sound Quality: Sound quality is reasonably good and I may not need external sound system. Different options for sound and quality of sound is good.

App Store: It uses Opera TV store and my router detected it as Android device. Software does not say Android and hence it may not be Android update. Custom firmware upgrade would be available for periodic updates. Basic apps are available. I don't think Google Play apps are available. Visit Opera TV store for more details.

Store: External storage can be plugged. Played some 4k content from Hard disk. External Hard Disk Drive (HDD) can be used to record content. (Have not tried this feature as I don't intent to use it. It seems it has Personal Video Recorder (PVR) function. May use it for for Some rarely shown programs on Nat Geo/ Indian classical conerts.

Brand: You better contact their website to get more about their brand. You can observe from their website that remote is having NETFLIX as seeded button which means model is not country specific :). You can further explore yourself.

Using as Net : Attached Wireless keyboard and mouse, though PC/LAPTOP experience can not be simulated it can do basic job. Good when you want to read more on screen or when you want entire family to look at some text content.

Connectivity: Brochure suggest N router, as i have a/b/g router performance is OK. You tube can be streamed from remote. But as i said it is my router specs which is limiting it.
Need to try WiFi Direct feature from Samsung phone for replicating mobile content to TV.

Verdict:

If i am right in drawing analogy MI Phones would offer features and so as iphone. Both phones are priced and placed differently. Upto you to analyze go ahead with your gut feel.

Pros:
1. Price
2, 'Not Bad' on almost all Parameters. How good it is? Is based on individual analysis.

Cons:
1. Android and Google play would have preferred. But not sure if I can make it as full android TV. Reason is in term of storage and memory android TVs are structured differently than Opera TV. (Source: Different forums) Will buy android stick for 2-3 K if at all I find android is the only way to go forward.
2. Performance : would have liked to have great performance with a/b/g router as well. May be will upgrade to N router to check on performance.

All the best if you are buying. Go with you gut feel. TV is just a TV. Life is larger than your TV no matter how big TV you buy from whichever brand. (Projector is great option too. Had bought one) :) :)

So I have a the VU 65XT780. This is a 3D, Smart with Opera OS. Without memory and storage Smart TVs are rubbish which is what it is. To give you an example, if you need to set up Pandora or Netflix you need flash or Silverlight. You can only download these if you have memory and extra space. VU guys call it a PC TV. Costs about Rs 18000 and more depending on what you want.

VU has extremely bad blacks. Its muddy and when you adjust it with the given colour presets, you get black without details. I would advise people to stay away from VU, especially those from here who have a slight higher sensibility than the average watching population. Live with your current TV and save up for a really good on. Its better. And the bigger your TV gets, it better be of good quality.

The after sales service of VU is a joke. I'll leave it at that. its best experienced or for that matter, not.

And on motion, just check advanced setting in picture. You might have enable jitter compensation. Even low setting can give you terrible results.

I agree to the above poster, I've a 55" VU TV, it has black level issues, white bleeding & clouding, and absolutely no customer service. The company is a joke.

Re: VU 55 Iconium 4k Android Review
^ that was one model which was listed for 70K if am not wrong. Does your TV support 3D.

Yes.
LTDN55XT780XWAU3D - Corporate Display does not have 3D. Though last 2 characters would refer that. I think they continued with their nomenclature irrespective of product spec changes.

Re: VU 55 Iconium 4k Android Review
^ that was one model which was listed for 70K if am not wrong. Does your TV support 3D.

Yes.
LTDN55XT780XWAU3D - Corporate Display does not have 3D. Though last 2 characters would refer that. I think they continued with their nomenclature irrespective of product spec changes.

That product code is the exact code of Hisense TV and it does support 3D if I recall right. So was wondering whether the VU one you have is an exact copy or one with changed hardware.

Btw, those who Crib on black levels, flashing, bleeding issues, lets all remember that we get what we pay for. This is no Sony or Samsung.

Please reduce the brightness and try again.

I bought the VUTV considering their own claim of using A+ panel which would be free of bright spots and light leakage. Check here:

http://vutvs.com/pdf/A-plus-Grade-Panel.pdf

Yes I was not expecting deeper black levels so I do not crib about that.

Also do not think that major brands that you mentioned are not plagued with similar issues.

I bought the VUTV considering their own claim of using A+ panel which would be free of bright spots and light leakage. Check here:

http://vutvs.com/pdf/A-plus-Grade-Panel.pdf

Yes I was not expecting deeper black levels so I do not crib about that.

Also do not think that major brands that you mentioned are not plagued with similar issues.

Friend, they are marketing tactics. If you read my reviews and comments, I had asked the readers to take these VU claims with a pinch of salts. Btw you are absolutely right about the Major brands, Even my Sony has some grey scale difference. But they are lot less pronounced.

Ps. Please read post 8 in this thread :)

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back