VU 55 Iconium 4k Android Review

That product code is the exact code of Hisense TV and it does support 3D if I recall right. So was wondering whether the VU one you have is an exact copy or one with changed hardware.

Btw, those who Crib on black levels, flashing, bleeding issues, lets all remember that we get what we pay for. This is no Sony or Samsung.

Please reduce the brightness and try again.

I paid for it. Its a rubbish TV and I am saying so. All those who bought it are fools like me. Those defending are bigger. Save up and buy a better TV.

Lol, marketing tactics should be vague and not sound like a blatant lie.

If you see, only the low cost TV brands are coming up with such marketing to make them more enticing for the buyer. Like VU, even Micromax has some claims as Zero Dot panel, dynamic contrast ratio of 5000000:1
:p

That would beat even the plasmas.

I paid for it. Its a rubbish TV and I am saying so. All those who bought it are fools like me. Those defending are bigger. Save up and buy a better TV.

What I think is you bought the VU with very high expectations without understanding the ground reality and doing research. We were in-fact buying cheaper after investing in Sony and LG which were costing more than this VU. So it was not a point of saving and buying better. Had you taken a proper demo and done the homework, then you wouldn't have been in this situation.

Disclaimer : I am neither supporting that brand, nor banishing it.

We did proper research and after multiple demos, this was selected. We do have high end LED, Plasmas in the house and this Tv is good enough for serials and properly encoded movies.

What I think is you bought the VU with very high expectations without understanding the ground reality and doing research. We were in-fact buying cheaper after investing in Sony and LG which were costing more than this VU. So it was not a point of saving and buying better. Had you taken a proper demo and done the homework, then you wouldn't have been in this situation.

What I think is that you are not thinking but assuming. Please don't go foot in the mouth. Have you ever heard of product degradation? You 'think' that what I liked in the showroom I suddenly started disliking in a year. Clouding, bleeding, are all product specific. Maybe the demo piece is the only good piece they make. Now that there is no logic to this conversation just assumptions.

One day I'll have the gumption and intelligence to know a stupid product, then buy it, justify it and assume over it. Till then the entire kingdom is yours genius.

What I think is that you are not thinking but assuming. Please don't go foot in the mouth. Have you ever heard of product degradation? You 'think' that what I liked in the showroom I suddenly started disliking in a year. Clouding, bleeding, are all product specific. Maybe the demo piece is the only good piece they make. Now that there is no logic to this conversation just assumptions.

One day I'll have the gumption and intelligence to know a stupid product, then buy it, justify it and assume over it. Till then the entire kingdom is yours genius.

Friend, you should have held your tongue tight before you shoot your mouth in the forum calling people as fools for buying a product. That was very immature. Should I again assume that you have not come across products from Big brands failing too soon ? Like our Plamsa dying within minutes of firing it ? Or like my Sony which costs nearly three times of thr VU 55 which Clouded within a Year and Sony says normal ageing and withing acceptable limits ?

Friend, you should have held your tongue tight before you shoot your mouth in the forum calling people as fools for buying a product. That was very immature. Should I again assume that you have not come across products from Big brands failing too soon ? Like our Plamsa dying within minutes of firing it ? Or like my Sony which costs nearly three times of thr VU 55 which Clouded within a Year and Sony says normal ageing and withing acceptable limits ?

I hold my tongue very tight. Just don't appreciate foolish judgements. And no I have not come across big brands failing. What can I say about your experiences and the products you buy and why you buy them. The worse they are the more you like them is the sense I am getting. But never mind, each his own.

Completely agree on big brands failing too, more money spent does not mean the product is good. I've been failed by Sony and thus settled for VU. Have seen both philips and Samsung failing i n the past too. I bought VU assuming that it will last me !ax 4 years, that's what is the general life of all leds today. But I was completely sold on VU claim of using a+ panel, which I wanted in my TV and nothing else, sad I was failed with that only point I considered to buy their led. Good thing is that since it is a new brand they have agreed to replace it with a new one after 11 mths of usage. So I think after replacement I wud again see the clouds after about a year.

I hold my tongue very tight. Just don't appreciate foolish judgements. And no I have not come across big brands failing. What can I say about your experiences and the products you buy and why you buy them. The worse they are the more you like them is the sense I am getting. But never mind, each his own.

Then it simply means you have never owned any of the big brands or blind enough not to see the instances reported in the very forum you are posting in. Work hard, Save up and buy big brands dear. You may then share your experiences with credibility. Nothing much till then.

Then it simply means you have never owned any of the big brands or blind enough not to see the instances reported in the very forum you are posting in. Work hard, Save up and buy big brands dear. You may then share your experiences with credibility. Nothing much till then.
Ok dear!!! Lol!

Completely agree on big brands failing too, more money spent does not mean the product is good. I've been failed by Sony and thus settled for VU. Have seen both philips and Samsung failing i n the past too. I bought VU assuming that it will last me !ax 4 years, that's what is the general life of all leds today. But I was completely sold on VU claim of using a+ panel, which I wanted in my TV and nothing else, sad I was failed with that only point I considered to buy their led. Good thing is that since it is a new brand they have agreed to replace it with a new one after 11 mths of usage. So I think after replacement I wud again see the clouds after about a year.

You are still better off with bigger brands because they at least know their technology. When you point out errors in their products, the VU engineers look at you blankly. They have absolutely no idea and are as limited and basic as us consumers. VU made good products, it does not anymore. I thinking its about finding a panel thats well watched and hence reviewed so you know what you are looking at. Not everything Sony or Samsung or Pana sell are blanket good. Like VU is a foolish decision, a badly researched buy of a Sony or Samsung can be too. And you are very lucky that someone is changing that panel for you. Did they ask for any additional money?

No they did not ask for any additional money. I've extended warranty as well. But reading your post even I believe you have no experience dealing with the other high end brands service guys. Let me tell you that they R no different, in India the onus to prove the product does not meet specifications is on the consumers with all the brands. And I've made an informed decision to go with VU , thus I'm not entirely unhappy with my choice, I was expecting some issues, clouding was not among them.

No they did not ask for any additional money. I've extended warranty as well. But reading your post even I believe you have no experience dealing with the other high end brands service guys. Let me tell you that they R no different, in India the onus to prove the product does not meet specifications is on the consumers with all the brands. And I've made an informed decision to go with VU , thus I'm not entirely unhappy with my choice, I was expecting some issues, clouding was not among them.

I had some excellent panels which did not require much intervention. But to think I have not come across service agents of other brands would be an overkill at your end. Maybe there can be a quality difference depending on the city you live in. I would imagine the service agents in metros would be a lot better than some smaller cities. But VU, in Mumbai itself is miserable.

Nobody buys a 65" panel to see it peter off in six months. That's just bad manufacturing. And if you as consumers have built that into your expectation about this brand and still buying it, don't think there is any argument. You will get what you wanted, while people like us will feel like fools because we did not build a rank bad product into our expectation.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread I think was to judge the product, as best as we know it. Not to judge whether my opinion is a crib or whether I have any big brand experience or how much I earn or save. In short, I think VU sucks, and people who buy it are fools, myself included.

Hello Friend, so the story begins by looking out for a new TV . Each time when the requirements for the TV are filled in, it turns out different and that makes the whole game interesting.

As usual, I was called in for the expert advice for buying a new TV. Please note that the last Tv which was present in their home was some 5 years back and only recently the 14 inch Government TV was occupying the TV stand.

The requirement was filled in with Serials and DTH being the main viewing content and HD Rips through external Hard disk.Initially the budget was fixed around 45 K and later increased up to One lakhs if I recommend. So the journey of visiting various showrooms started. Seriously, this was very hard on me because they were open to any suggestion for the TVs and I cannot just recommend what I like. Side by side comparisons were made with LG, Sony , Samsung and Micromax.

The side by Side Test turned out to be dud in the showroom after I changed all the testing. Colours were toned down and brightness was reduced and colour changed to warm if available. No major changes were visible to them and they were nearly ok with any TV, right from the cheapest one.

After having egg on the face in the initial test, couple of over head lights were switched off after some serious request from my end and now came the actual difference of the colour contract and blacks. VA panels as usual shone here over the IPS ones, but according to the extended family, they were ok with any of the TV right from Micromax staring at 31 k for 49 Inches.

So all set to buy micromax and since no contender was there around in the same price, I started calling VU and asked them for displays in Chennai to test and evaluate. After a month's wait, we got a call last week that VU display Tvs are available, but the basic 50 inch TV was not available and only the 4K Android 55 Inch Tv was available.

After having zeroed in on Micromax 49 inch basic TV and not the 4K micromax android ( was having serious upscaling issues when tested),I was very skeptical for a 4K tv as it needs four times upscaling to produce good pictures that a normal H.D tv. The Light output was bright for a showroom, menu was a little laggy, but it read the 1TB hard disk pretty soon and we started playing up my test Videos.

Mind you, I nearly got a head ache with all these 50 Hz TVs, but..... but... the audience to whom I was playing was blown away.

To be honest, my only gripe was that the TV was 50 HZ and not 100HZ, and this comes out during the motion and panning scenes. Full HD masala songs were good, English and Tamil HD Movies were Good, and 720 P was also good. They offered a free sound bar with the TV and that just sealed it.

Please note that I did not change any settings in the TV and was tested during night with not much light. Except for motion issues, I didn't find any big issues for that size and the price.

Compromise was made due the size offered at the price and payment was done in Chennai.

Actual review will come out after delivery and installation of the TV with full calibration if the menu offers it.

P.S: excuse the typos.

Hi. Please suggest me can we buy VU tv?

+1
For my Sony, I had to follow up for more than 3 months just to buy an Extend warranty for my W950A :(

Had to email Sony Customer Service where just give replies as to contact local Authorized service center and the Service Centre guys just say No Stock of the extended warranty booklet. Had to call them every week to get it done at last.

@[email protected] - Please demo and take a call. There are many satisfied users, then there are people who are moderately satisfied like me but who has taken informed decisions after knowing the limitations of the product.

Then there are people who think that the product is terrible. :rolleyes:

So please demo the product and ask for clarifications and we shall help you.

Folks,

This thread is going well excepting for a few heated, shall we say, 'arguments'. Please do cool off, stop cussing and carry forward the excellent discussion.

Cheers

I am looking to buy the 65in one for 120k. The 4k model I dont want 4k but all 65in are 4k. The same room ( living room) has a projector as well as a screen. I understand the product is 1/3 the price of Samsung/Sony. What issues am I going to face regarding picture quality ? I care a hoot about android TV and aaps etc. Or should I stay away ?

I am looking to buy the 65in one for 120k. The 4k model I dont want 4k but all 65in are 4k. The same room ( living room) has a projector as well as a screen. I understand the product is 1/3 the price of Samsung/Sony. What issues am I going to face regarding picture quality ? I care a hoot about android TV and aaps etc. Or should I stay away ?

why not go and have a look at the 65 incher at VU stores, check out this link for the address:

Vu Televisions

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back