VU 55" vs LG 43" vs Panasonic 43" vs Philips 40"

madhurkishore

Hi,
My previous Samsung TV stopped working after 5 years as is not in a situation to get repaired as per the company. I do not want to spend exorbitantly on a LED TV now and thus am looking at options other than Samsung (for sure) and Sony.
In the price bracket of 30k - 40k, I have currently shortlisted following models-
Vu LED-55K160GAU
Philips 40PFL3750
Panasonic TH-43CS400DX
LG 43LF540A

Planning to buy it online from Flipkart considering I am getting good deals in the Big Billion Day sale. So need to make a timely decision as well.

I am keen on Vu, however bit unsure if the brand is worth it. My usage is mainly for watching HD channels and watching movies from my mac connected to the Home Theatre and TV via Apple TV.

Is Vu a good choice? Is their after sales service ok? Have heard that the Full HD versions have some issue of automatically turning off after 4 hours or so. Is that true?
Don't wanna get hassled at least for 3-4 years coz of this. OR should I go with a known brand like LG/Panasonic.

Owners, would be of great help if you can suggest on these options.
TIA.

just heads up - there are some logistic issues with fl and gati. dont expect to receive your tv atleast for next 2-3 weeks. better to get it from other sites

LG 42LF533 is better than LG 43LF540A. got 44500 quote for 42lf533 and 1k less for LG 43LF540A. 42lf533 is available for 41k on paytm + 4k cashback, so effective price is 37k. but it comes with 1 yr warranty. whereas you will get 2 yrs warranty from lg showroom. i'd rather go for sony 43 w56d something. much better PQ. but no ips panel. dont remember price.

just heads up - there are some logistic issues with fl and gati. dont expect to receive your tv atleast for next 2-3 weeks. better to get it from other sites

This is true for Nagpur location speaking from personal experience, but if belong to metro city or something like that they don't worry.
Further more flipkart now knows about this issue from my case they are trying to change courier partners at least for non metro cities.

Hi,
My previous Samsung TV stopped working after 5 years as is not in a situation to get repaired as per the company. I do not want to spend exorbitantly on a LED TV now and thus am looking at options other than Samsung (for sure) and Sony.
In the price bracket of 30k - 40k, I have currently shortlisted following models-
Vu LED-55K160GAU
Philips 40PFL3750
Panasonic TH-43CS400DX
LG 43LF540A

Planning to buy it online from Flipkart considering I am getting good deals in the Big Billion Day sale. So need to make a timely decision as well.

I am keen on Vu, however bit unsure if the brand is worth it. My usage is mainly for watching HD channels and watching movies from my mac connected to the Home Theatre and TV via Apple TV.

Is Vu a good choice? Is their after sales service ok? Have heard that the Full HD versions have some issue of automatically turning off after 4 hours or so. Is that true?
Don't wanna get hassled at least for 3-4 years coz of this. OR should I go with a known brand like LG/Panasonic.

Owners, would be of great help if you can suggest on these options.
TIA.

May I know where are you from mate. If you're from Delhi I can give you the dealer's number. He can give you a good deal on VU. Go for VU. I have 55" Iconium and it's an awesome purchase.

May I know where are you from mate. If you're from Delhi I can give you the dealer's number. He can give you a good deal on VU. Go for VU. I have 55" Iconium and it's an awesome purchase.

Oops ! Saw your message a bit late. Have already purchased a Vu 55" Play series LED at 37k from Flipkart Big BIllion Sale. Got it delivered the next day. As of now the TV looks great. Just setting it up with the HT system.
Pretty excited !!!

How much did you pick up the 55 iconium for? Please enlighten me about Vu product series? Have you explored InFocus or Intex too?

The picture quality is good, mainly the HD channels on Tata Sky. Played some Blu Rays and the quality is indeed to my liking.
FK delivered the TV the very next day. Was excited to set it up myself. The wall mounting happened within the next two days.
A great experience for me !

Back