Vu 75 inch QLED - Launch 7th Jan 2022

Im extremely impressed with the picture quality, speed and sound of this TV

External review I saw here for all to decide

Go for it, this TV is a good purchase.

Congratulation on your big purchase and I hope you have a delightful and trouble free experience. While real usage and users like you are best to judge this TV , the review I felt was not in depth and without much facts and figures.

- The reviewer mentions that while the TV doesn't support FALD but still seems brighter compared to FALD. Not exactly sure how that works.
- There is absolutely no mention of peak brightness neither by VU nor by the reviewer

One suggestion would be to check if VU can offer extended warranty on the panel . Flipkart site shows only 1 year warranty .There have been offers during festive period with 3 years extended warranty.

Extended warranty for 2 years is at 15K offered from VU directly

Also gaming it does support 120Hz

Brightness is subjective to viewer, my viewing experience on this TV brightness is very good, its very bright
and infact I use Dolby Dark Vision mode for more darker blacks and pleasing to eye visuals. So frankly after a certain
brightness having the TV ultra bright and such size hurts the eyes too.

So overall a good TV than Mi for sure.

Congratulation on your big purchase and I hope you have a delightful and trouble free experience. While real usage and users like you are best to judge this TV , the review I felt was not in depth and without much facts and figures.

- The reviewer mentions that while the TV doesn't support FALD but still seems brighter compared to FALD. Not exactly sure how that works.
- There is absolutely no mention of peak brightness neither by VU nor by the reviewer
Sorry for the late response. How can a full array in back lighting with local dimming improve the brightness of a TV? It would improve the contrast and can get the black appear more blacker as they are dimming locally (not even switching off individual pixels like an OLED). Brightness is increased in an LCD LED TV by adding another layer like quantum dots or some sort of prism mechanism that splits light into different wavelengths and have that enhance picture quality. So there is no assurance that FALDs can enhance brightness. But can be good to the eyes as black images are more purer blacks and not like a gray substitution in case of normal lcd led tvs without local dimming.

Sorry for the late response. How can a full array in back lighting with local dimming improve the brightness of a TV?
It does because you can distribute the backlighting LEDs and cooling throughout the TV and not just the edges. Helps a lot with heat dissipation and packing. You can just fit more backlighting in a FALD set, and more is better.
Brightness is increased in an LCD LED TV by adding another layer like quantum dots
Uhh, that makes no sense. quantum dots are colour conversion filters. They help with colour gamut enhancement and not brightness. So with quantum dots, the colours look deeper and richer, but it doesn't make the panel brighter.

Most of the brightness enhancement is done via backlight tech, not the front colour conversion and blocking tech.

There are FALDs less brighter than normal lcd led too. The FALDs have mechanisms obviously dimming the blacks and so they have a good picture quality but not necessarily bright. It may appear bright to our eyes and that's a different discussion topic. However Quantum dot TV's are generally bright. the staple of Samsung products for instance.

Im extremely impressed with the picture quality, speed and sound of this TV

External review I saw here for all to decide

Go for it, this TV is a good purchase.
Really impressed with this unit in all PARAMETERS.....Excellent choice

There are FALDs less brighter than normal lcd led too.
Yes, but that doesn't disprove my point. Even the least bright FALD sets are 700 nits. There is a reason for that and that's what I explained above.
However Quantum dot TV's are generally bright. the staple of Samsung products for instance.
Mi and OnePlus also use Quantum dots in their TVs and they are 300 nits. So while all FALD sets are bright, all Quantum dot TVs are not. Same with Samsung Q60 and Q70 lineup.

The bright QLED sets are because of FALD. Quantum dot just filters colour, it can't add brightness.

Yes, but that doesn't disprove my point. Even the least bright FALD sets are 700 nits. There is a reason for that and that's what I explained above.

Mi and OnePlus also use Quantum dots in their TVs and they are 300 nits. So while all FALD sets are bright, all Quantum dot TVs are not. Same with Samsung Q60 and Q70 lineup.

The bright QLED sets are because of FALD. Quantum dot just filters colour, it can't add brightness.
I am not a TV designer or someone who can contest what you say plus your logic also sounds reasonable however my logic is that when there is a mention that Vu is not FALD while being brighter than a FALD, exact words in parentheses (The reviewer mentions that while the TV doesn't support FALD but still seems brighter compared to FALD. Not exactly sure how that works.), Non-falds can be bright too. There are frame dimming based TV's that can get real bright. I also think the leds itself may be brighter made. Many factors to it. So we can't generalize that FALDS are by default brighter.

I am not a TV designer or someone who can contest what you say plus your logic also sounds reasonable however my logic is that when there is a mention that Vu is not FALD while being brighter than a FALD, exact words in parentheses (The reviewer mentions that while the TV doesn't support FALD but still seems brighter compared to FALD. Not exactly sure how that works.), Non-falds can be bright too. There are frame dimming based TV's that can get real bright. I also think the leds itself may be brighter made. Many factors to it. So we can't generalize that FALDS are by default brighter.

The point I was trying to make is that it in absence of measured and validated benchmark for this TVs brightness, the reviewer is making a general assumptions based on her instincts...something which I find is misleading. Whatever little i know of FALD , its not only about contrast enhancements but also about increasing brightness of highlights specially in HDR scenes.

The point I was trying to make is that it in absence of measured and validated benchmark for this TVs brightness, the reviewer is making a general assumptions based on her instincts...something which I find is misleading. Whatever little i know of FALD , its not only about contrast enhancements but also about increasing brightness of highlights specially in HDR scenes.
Ok got it. Sorry I am not arguing or anything but there are brighter TV's out there that are non-Falds if that thing confuses you. Edge lit TV's have something called frame dimming and some can be bright as hell too. there was a discussion about one such Panasonic TV a year and a quarter ago. Oh and my own Sony 9300D edge lit frame dimmed superslim model which hits 1200+ nits, can beat the crap out of 9500 Sony series too in brightness as it was a 3D display panel which are made to stand bright despite glasses dimming the TV. If lightgamer has agreed with you then you are not wrong either.

Brightness of such TV's is a subjective preference, I have used LED tv's in the past and the brightness of this TV is really very good and one should go see in person to decide , Im sure Samsung or Sony could be even more brighter but at the end of the day a more brighter TV is not neccesarily good, I use Dolby Vision whereever available and the cinematic feel it gives by reducing the over brightness really makes the viewing pleasure more enjoyable. Also for me personally seeing very bright TV's hurts the eyes a lot after extended viewing. While more brighter visuals might be the buying point for some folks it does make natural videos , skin tones , colors look more artifical

Brightness of such TV's is a subjective preference, I have used LED tv's in the past and the brightness of this TV is really very good and one should go see in person to decide , Im sure Samsung or Sony could be even more brighter but at the end of the day a more brighter TV is not neccesarily good, I use Dolby Vision whereever available and the cinematic feel it gives by reducing the over brightness really makes the viewing pleasure more enjoyable. Also for me personally seeing very bright TV's hurts the eyes a lot after extended viewing. While more brighter visuals might be the buying point for some folks it does make natural videos , skin tones , colors look more artifical
I agree to brightness causing eye pain. Last year same time, I had a pink eye and a bright LCD LED TV caused a searing eye pain that I deployed an OLED tv in my room. Ever since no issues as I watch OLED in filmmaker mode or other dim modes that is soothing to the eyes ever since.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back