VU masterpiece GLO indepth review

I just bought 65" X80K for my parents just under 80k. And I already have 65" X90J. X90J is undoubtedly a great TV after calibration but difference is minimal around 10-15% only between the 2, DV and darkscene performance and X90J is a lot smoother though but not a deal breaker for X80K. If you are extending budget get OLED. I regret buying LG CX by not extending budget a year ago. I bought 65" X90J for 1.24L. The price difference is 54K. PQ bump is not 54k worth. Hope you got my point.
Correction: I regret for NOT* buying CX, when I had the chance.

I just bought 65" X80K for my parents just under 80k. And I already have 65" X90J. X90J is undoubtedly a great TV after calibration but difference is minimal around 10-15% only between the 2, DV and darkscene performance and X90J is a lot smoother though but not a deal breaker for X80K. If you are extending budget get OLED. I regret buying LG CX by not extending budget a year ago. I bought 65" X90J for 1.24L. The price difference is 54K. PQ bump is not 54k worth. Hope you got my point.
How did you get the X80K for 80k? Are you including GST benefits?

How did you get the X80K for 80k? Are you including GST benefits?
Both Reliance digital and Bajaj electronics are offering the same price including SBI/ICICI 6month No cost EMI CB of 7,500₹, I didn't have to negotiate much as well. No GST benefits (I don't own any business). 80k is the effective price inclusive of GST and EMI processing fee.

Interesting turn of events took place last week.
Got smitten by the upgrade bug to go for a 75 or 77 inch from my 55 inch 4K.
Started the search and surprisingly the options we have here is much lesser than 55 or 65 screens, as my main options were ps5 (4k120, VRR) and movies (DV & HDR)
looked at the sony x90k, and the tv is good.. very good for living room viewing, major hindrance is the blooming what i can see!
Looked for Oled, and surprised no one talks about the black crushing that happens on the TV designed to handle black levels. with MLA & QD Oled in the reach, putting a good chunk of money now doesn't seem wise. important being the low brightness of the panel and washed colors at high brightness (Why no one is talking about this?)
had a look at TCL, and the guys were interesting enough to doubt the support i might receive.
had a quick thought and check the VU (I used 2 of their Tvs for 6th year now) and No demo anywhere as discussed here.
took a look at a 55 incher through a source and connecting ps5 and playing HDR10+ clips.. it was close, and very close to x90k in picture quality (and same in terms of blooming at half the price). as my processing is done on Shield i dont care about software updates or upscaling or anything else. I was looking for a dumb panel which was very good.
there are high chances that I might get this one as my TV viewing time is reduced as well. might improve the contrast with help of a bias light.

Interesting turn of events took place last week.
Got smitten by the upgrade bug to go for a 75 or 77 inch from my 55 inch 4K.
Started the search and surprisingly the options we have here is much lesser than 55 or 65 screens, as my main options were ps5 (4k120, VRR) and movies (DV & HDR)
looked at the sony x90k, and the tv is good.. very good for living room viewing, major hindrance is the blooming what i can see!
Looked for Oled, and surprised no one talks about the black crushing that happens on the TV designed to handle black levels. with MLA & QD Oled in the reach, putting a good chunk of money now doesn't seem wise. important being the low brightness of the panel and washed colors at high brightness (Why no one is talking about this?)
had a look at TCL, and the guys were interesting enough to doubt the support i might receive.
had a quick thought and check the VU (I used 2 of their Tvs for 6th year now) and No demo anywhere as discussed here.
took a look at a 55 incher through a source and connecting ps5 and playing HDR10+ clips.. it was close, and very close to x90k in picture quality (and same in terms of blooming at half the price). as my processing is done on Shield i dont care about software updates or upscaling or anything else. I was looking for a dumb panel which was very good.
there are high chances that I might get this one as my TV viewing time is reduced as well. might improve the contrast with help of a bias light.
I suggest getting X90K offline. 10-15k (for 65") & 25-30k(for 75") at the max would be the price difference over VU Glowmaster (try reliance digital). With proper calibration the PQ is worth the extra 15k, add to that Sony's Picture Processing algorithms are a cherry on the top. Even I own a Shield and X90J. A dumb panel cannot fully take advantage of the shield. XR master series processor does an amazing job of enhancing the PQ from the input you are giving from the shield. Fyi, I own both 2019 Shield TV Pro and 2022 Apple TV 128gb connected to the TVs via Zeskit Maya Certified HDMI 2.1 cables. Love them both for different reasons. Especially with X90J. If it is an OLED that's a different story. I bet X90K can take viewing experience from your shield to a different level. But VU Glowmaster can't. I can guarantee this. If you already bought the VU TV, then enjoy your new TV.

Btw, I used IMAX Enhanced picture settings and calibrate using D-NICE settings from AVS forum. The blacks you get from IMAX Enhanced is awesome. IMAX enhanced support is just like Dolby Vision that is exclusive to Sony TVs and only available from X90 Series onwards.

Last edited:
I suggest getting X90K offline. 10-15k (for 65") & 25-30k(for 75") at the max would be the price difference over VU Glowmaster (try reliance digital). With proper calibration the PQ is worth the extra 15k, add to that Sony's Picture Processing algorithms are a cherry on the top. Even I own a Shield and X90J. A dumb panel cannot fully take advantage of the shield. XR master series processor does an amazing job of enhancing the PQ from the input you are giving from the shield. Fyi, I own both 2019 Shield TV Pro and 2022 Apple TV 128gb connected to the TVs via Zeskit Maya Certified HDMI 2.1 cables. Love them both for different reasons. Especially with X90J. If it is an OLED that's a different story. I bet X90K can take viewing experience from your shield to a different level. But VU Glowmaster can't. I can guarantee this. If you already bought the VU TV, then enjoy your new TV.

Btw, I used IMAX Enhanced picture settings and calibrate using D-NICE settings from AVS forum. The blacks you get from IMAX Enhanced is awesome. IMAX enhanced support is just like Dolby Vision that is exclusive to Sony TVs and only available from X90 Series onwards.
X90k is 2.4l post cashback and vu masterppiece (not glo series) is 1.2l!
Do you think Sony is worth 2x the price? I cannot justify after a long demo!

Is Sony better? Certainly yes! But is it 2x better? Definitely not!

X90k is 2.4l post cashback and vu masterppiece (not glo series) is 1.2l!
Do you think Sony is worth 2x the price? I cannot justify after a long demo!

Is Sony better? Certainly yes! But is it 2x better? Definitely not!
Sony is definitely not worth 2x the price. But local reliance digital stores are giving a good discount on Sony TVs. The listed Sony 75" X90K price is 2.50 Lakh. -22% discount is running on Sony TVs gives 1.95 lakh - 7500 SBI CB on 6month EMI. So the effective price of 75" Sony X90K is 1,87,500₹. If you are getting for this price, then definitely Sony is worth the extra money.

2.4L post CB is laughable pricing. I will definitely not recommend X90K for this price.

But don't forget that VU Masterpiece panel is a 8bit+ FRC which is not a true 10-bit panel.I won't recommend any TV that does 8+FRC in this price range, not matter what size. You are actually getting what you are paying for. I will atleast make sure that I am getting a 10 bit panel when I am spending more than a lakh.

Last edited:
Sony is definitely not worth 2x the price. But local reliance digital stores are giving a good discount on Sony TVs. The listed Sony 75" X90K price is 2.50 Lakh. -22% discount is running on Sony TVs gives 1.95 lakh - 7500 SBI CB on 6month EMI. So the effective price of 75" Sony X90K is 1,87,500₹. If you are getting for this price, then definitely Sony is worth the extra money.

2.4L post CB is laughable pricing. I will definitely not recommend X90K for this price.

But don't forget that VU Masterpiece panel is a 8bit+ FRC which is not a true 10-bit panel.I won't recommend any TV that does 8+FRC in this price range, not matter what size. You are actually getting what you are paying for. I will atleast make sure that I am getting a 10 bit panel when I am spending more than a lakh.
Thanks for the valuable information sir,.. it’s great that you are preaching good bout sony on a vu thread.. wonderful insights, we might have got what we paid for, maybe more than why we paid for, but there are still people around paying more price for a mediocre thinking it is best.. we cant help them!

Hello bro my budget is 60k , which should I buy vu masterpiece glo or any other i have ps5 so my main priority is gaming and i also want punchy colours like OLED maybe , please recommend me any tv sir

Hey guys, So I've had the Tv for around 3 weeks now and I spent 1 week testing the heck out of it. I tested the TV in a similar manner I test my Monitors with a little addition to Dolby Vision and HDR10+ testing. The Colorimeter I used for testing is Xrite i1 Display Pro. The software used for testing was DisplayCal. The picture modes used for testing were Calibrated mode for SDR content, HDR cinema for HDR content, DOLBY Vision IQ for DV content, and HDR10+ CInema for HDR10+ content with motion enhancement turned off, Digital Noise turned off, sharpness set to the default value of 0 and Active contrast turned off. I did not test Motion enhancement on this TV as I prefer it off in whatever mode I am. Also since I prefer gaming on my Monitor, I did not care about gaming performance, nor did I test this TV for its 4k120hz capabilities. Also, no upscaling or SD/HD channel performance was tested as I do not use any satellite Tv service anymore nor do I have the desire to test just for the sake of it.

Overall, for the price, this TV has decent performance and has its own advantages compared to similarly priced TVs. This TV outperforms its competition in terms of HDR performance along however weak black levels leave a sour taste in the mouth.
Hello sir please recommend me a good tv my budget is 60k , i have ps5 so i want to play games too. Recommend me any tv vu masterpiece glo qled is for 60k ? Best choice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, So I've had the Tv for around 3 weeks now and I spent 1 week testing the heck out of it. I tested the TV in a similar manner I test my Monitors with a little addition to Dolby Vision and HDR10+ testing. The Colorimeter I used for testing is Xrite i1 Display Pro. The software used for testing was DisplayCal. The picture modes used for testing were Calibrated mode for SDR content, HDR cinema for HDR content, DOLBY Vision IQ for DV content, and HDR10+ CInema for HDR10+ content with motion enhancement turned off, Digital Noise turned off, sharpness set to the default value of 0 and Active contrast turned off. I did not test Motion enhancement on this TV as I prefer it off in whatever mode I am. Also since I prefer gaming on my Monitor, I did not care about gaming performance, nor did I test this TV for its 4k120hz capabilities. Also, no upscaling or SD/HD channel performance was tested as I do not use any satellite Tv service anymore nor do I have the desire to test just for the sake of it.

Let's Start with the display, you may already know this but the display type is ADS-IPS display. Due to it being an IPS display, the contrast levels are really poor. 4x4 ANSI checkerboard with a set D65 white point, the contrast ratio was around 1300:1 with local dimming disabled and with Local Dimming enabled the contrast ratio was measured around 1800:1. The number of zones measured was 32 which is what the company claims it to be. The size of zones is quite large and blooming is observable during dark scenes and more pronounced in subtitles or areas around text and even appreciable during the day. This is quite expected though because of the size of the dimming zones in addition to the poor implementation of the dimming algorithm. I tested the local dimming in the starfield test at off, low, medium, and high settings and there was a little black crush observable at high settings. Medium turned out to be the best setting. Compared to regular IPS-ADS panels, black is superior on this Tv however nothing compared to OLED or VA panels. If inky blacks are your fetish then you have to look somewhere else. A better local dimming algorithm would have mitigated this issue. In bright scenes, poor black levels are not such a huge issue due to high peak brightness which gives a contrasty image.

This panel has excellent grey uniformity with No DSE on my unit. Vignetting is present on the corners and is noticeable. The colors are really good post calibration, the reds were a little exaggerated pre-calibration but were easily fixable. Average dE2000 was measured post-calibration of 1.22 with a Max dE2000 of 2.57. Post-calibration the colors look really natural. DCI-P3 coverage was 95% post calibration and Rec2020 was 70%.

HDR performance of this TV is excellent, post calibration with white point set to D65 following peak brightness values were observed.

870 nits in a 10% window
968 nits in a 25% window
561 nits in 100% window

PQ EOTF tracking on this particular unit is rather poor with darker scenes being displayed as darker than usual. Dolby Vision and HDR10+ performance is really good and it somehow improves the local dimming and even tries to preserve the highlights in really bright scenes.

The company claimed 100-watt speaker output seems a bit of an exaggeration and the audio is a bit better than the competition but nothing out of this world as the company claims it to be and as expected Dolby Atmos from internal speakers is not appreciable. A decent soundbar or HT setup will provide a much better experience. Even a budget 2.1 setup like M10 swans or bookshelf speakers like Edifier R1280 will be a nice upgrade. Far-field microphones work like a charm even in noisy environments. The Remote is entirely made out of Aluminium but still kind of feels cheap. It is rather long and cluttered with unnecessary buttons.

The performance is rather decent on this TV and it uses Mediatek MT5895 clocked at 1.8ghz accompanied with Mali G52 GPU which is rather weak. Boot time is respectable and is under 30 secs, app loading times are decent as well. Internal storage is marketed as 16GB out of which 7.9 GB is available for users. It can be upgraded via external USB 3.0 storage or maybe a portable SSD.

Overall, for the price, this TV has decent performance and has its own advantages compared to similarly priced TVs. This TV outperforms its competition in terms of HDR performance along however weak black levels leave a sour taste in the mouth.
Is it true that VU Masterpiece 65inch has a crappy ADS IPS with poor contrast but the 55inch has VA panel with contrast as good as Hisense U6G?

Let's Start with the display, you may already know this but the display type is ADS-IPS display. Due to it being an IPS display, the contrast levels are really poor. 4x4 ANSI checkerboard with a set D65 white point, the contrast ratio was around 1300:1 with local dimming disabled and with Local Dimming enabled the contrast ratio was measured around 1800:1. The number of zones measured was 32 which is what the company claims it to be. The size of zones is quite large and blooming is observable during dark scenes and more pronounced in subtitles or areas around text and even appreciable during the day. This is quite expected though because of the size of the dimming zones in addition to the poor implementation of the dimming algorithm. I tested the local dimming in the starfield test at off, low, medium, and high settings and there was a little black crush observable at high settings. Medium turned out to be the best setting. Compared to regular IPS-ADS panels, black is superior on this Tv however nothing compared to OLED or VA panels. If inky blacks are your fetish then you have to look somewhere else. A better local dimming algorithm would have mitigated this issue. In bright scenes, poor black levels are not such a huge issue due to high peak brightness which gives a contrasty image.

This panel has excellent grey uniformity with No DSE on my unit. Vignetting is present on the corners and is noticeable. The colors are really good post calibration, the reds were a little exaggerated pre-calibration but were easily fixable. Average dE2000 was measured post-calibration of 1.22 with a Max dE2000 of 2.57. Post-calibration the colors look really natural. DCI-P3 coverage was 95% post calibration and Rec2020 was 70%.

HDR performance of this TV is excellent, post calibration with white point set to D65 following peak brightness values were observed.

870 nits in a 10% window
968 nits in a 25% window
561 nits in 100% window

PQ EOTF tracking on this particular unit is rather poor with darker scenes being displayed as darker than usual. Dolby Vision and HDR10+ performance is really good and it somehow improves the local dimming and even tries to preserve the highlights in really bright scenes.

The company claimed 100-watt speaker output seems a bit of an exaggeration and the audio is a bit better than the competition but nothing out of this world as the company claims it to be and as expected Dolby Atmos from internal speakers is not appreciable. A decent soundbar or HT setup will provide a much better experience. Even a budget 2.1 setup like M10 swans or bookshelf speakers like Edifier R1280 will be a nice upgrade. Far-field microphones work like a charm even in noisy environments. The Remote is entirely made out of Aluminium but still kind of feels cheap. It is rather long and cluttered with unnecessary buttons.

The performance is rather decent on this TV and it uses Mediatek MT5895 clocked at 1.8ghz accompanied with Mali G52 GPU which is rather weak. Boot time is respectable and is under 30 secs, app loading times are decent as well. Internal storage is marketed as 16GB out of which 7.9 GB is available for users. It can be upgraded via external USB 3.0 storage or maybe a portable SSD.

Is it a 8 bit panel or 10 bit

Hello bro my budget is 60k , which should I buy vu masterpiece glo or any other i have ps5 so my main priority is gaming and i also want punchy colours like OLED maybe , please recommend me any tv sir

Hello sir please recommend me a good tv my budget is 60k , i have ps5 so i want to play games too. Recommend me any tv vu masterpiece glo qled is for 60k ? Best choice?
Dear @Pinkywarrior , I would recommend Hisense u7h (55 - preffered price vs value /65) for now. If you can wait, please keep an eye on New Mini-Led tvs e.g. iFFALCON H82 (price is fluctuating a lot best price for this one is 70k).
Best of Luck. Dm me if you need more help.

Hi, right now the LG A2 is for around 69K on Amazon. Would you recommend that over VU masterpiece
I have a PS5 and TV will be used for Gaming and streaming. Any other recommendations for under 70K

Hi, right now the LG A2 is for around 69K on Amazon. Would you recommend that over VU masterpiece
I have a PS5 and TV will be used for Gaming and streaming. Any other recommendations for under 70K

A2 is a 60 hz panel so if you have no issues with that, no ptoblem. Gaming can be fun in OLED TVs but dont leave a screen on for long continually.

A2 is a 60 hz panel so if you have no issues with that, no ptoblem. Gaming can be fun in OLED TVs but dont leave a screen on for long continually.
Thanks. Not much of an FPS gamer. Mostly play rougelikes or RPGs. Would it make a difference for these games?
I have a 1080p 60fps VU TV at the moment. Thinking would rather wait for big billion day sale and see if I can get C2 48 at a discounted rate.

870 nits in a 10% window
968 nits in a 25% window
561 nits in 100% window

Hey can you share the exact settings that you used for hdr+ dolby vision and normal mode

I have this tv for almost a year now and still haven’t explored it to its full potential so can you recommend a best picture settings

870 nits in a 10% window
968 nits in a 25% window
561 nits in 100% window

Hey can u share the best picture settings for standard, hdr and dolby vision - it would be a great help

Back