Want to build a PC

puthuraja

Want to build a PC for browsing, Hi-Res audio listening, simple MS Office works, very little gaming and editing, and watching OTTs, I recently bought a 32" 4K monitor and want to use it to its full potential. What motherboard and processor to choose?

What motherboard and processor to choose?
You have not mentioned a budget. Your requirements can be met by a budget cpu and motherboard.

The motherboard integrated sound card will most probably disappoint you for HiFi audio listening. If possible get an entry level DAC from SMSL/Topping/iFi.

Depending upon your budget, get an entry level graphics card for editing and gaming requirements

Why only CPU and motherboard ? What about the rest of the components ? If you are reusing old components, check compatiblity of power supply, cabinet dimensions etc

Want to build a PC for browsing, Hi-Res audio listening, simple MS Office works, very little gaming and editing, and watching OTTs, I recently bought a 32" 4K monitor and want to use it to its full potential. What motherboard and processor to choose?

I recommend getting the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, it will serve both your processing and GPU needs well for the forseeable future(>5years)

MoBo you can get according to your budgey, but I recommend the entry level ones with wifi and get a sepearate USB DAC.

Get good PSU and dual channel 8GB RAMs.

And you will be sorted I believe.

Your budget would be very important factor here. From audio POV most of the onboard motherboard headphones outs are average at best , I would suggest a Ryzen 3600x or 5600x /b550 mobo / 3060 ti /16gb RAM to have a fairly decent rig with enough horsepower to last a few years without need to upgrade. Without a 3060 (most games won’t even run with minimum frame rates at low/medium settings , also will look odd on a 4K 32 inch screen ( ideally a 3080/3090 is recommended for serious gaming)

Your budget would be very important factor here. From audio POV most of the onboard motherboard headphones outs are average at best , I would suggest a Ryzen 3600x or 5600x /b550 mobo / 3060 ti /16gb RAM to have a fairly decent rig with enough horsepower to last a few years without need to upgrade. Without a 3060 (most games won’t even run with minimum frame rates at low/medium settings , also will look odd on a 4K 32 inch screen ( ideally a 3080/3090 is recommended for serious gaming)

Thats a overkill.

He doesnt need a 3060ti for 'very little gaming'.

I consider myself a enthusiast gamer and I use a 3060ti for my needs.

3080/90 is for people who have excess monies in their bank.

Go to Steam and check what most gamers are playing on.

Firstly OP has not stated the budget .

You being an enthusiast and having a 3060ti doesn’t mean it will run games on 4K med/high smoothly. You might want to check any Reddit/benchmarking threads and will get the answer , at best it’s a 1440p med settings card. It might satisfy your use cases , but it’s no way a 4k60 card.

Little gaming doesn’t mean one won’t play aaa titles , he may still play games like forza/ fps etc even if it’s for 2/3 hours a week. Hence the suggestion , if OP feels it’s an overkill he can certainly ignore and get a 1080ti and be happy with it.

Lastly coming to the monies, 3080 is selling for 50k/ 3070 for 30k+ in used market and 3060ti for 20k odd.

Not sure why I need to go to steam and check what games people are playing now ? Most AAA titles can be had outside steam and most of them use Xbox game pass .

Either ways , happy gaming !!!!

If price is not much of a bar, as suggested by @Kannan_madhu the M2 Mac Mini is a genuine value for money for what It can pull off, although you wouldn't have any choice to upgrade any specs down the lane.

An Intel NUC barebones (You need to add RAM and SSD extra) might be your best bet around that budget and requirements, and it doesn't take space either and can go behind your monitor via the vesa mount

Intel NUC 11th Gen i5 NUC11PAHI5
Intel NUC 10th Gen i5 NUC10i5FNHN
Intel NUC 11th Gen i3 NUC11TNHi3

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back