Want to build a pro music system mostly listening to metal music + lot of divx movies

Re: Want to build a pro music system mostly listening to metal music + lot of divx mo

Well Well . . . . Its been 4 years and I'm still hunting for the 'right-choice' ... !!

Over the past year, I heard Warfs , polk audio RTi series, KEF reference & Q series, B&W 683 & Revel M12

Of all the auditions only revel M12 were able to convince me that hi end audio setups can play metal music . . . !!
Guys over these years my budget has constantly been increasing and sort of my requirements too .. .
I can now vouch 1.2L ... AND
I've moved to blue ray quality while watching movies. . .

Its a final call to all in this forum to give me directions. . .
I'm about to make a purchase !!

Re: Want to build a pro music system mostly listening to metal music + lot of divx mo

Genelac active speakers ? Not sure of the model and price though

Well Well . . . . Its been 4 years and I'm still hunting for the 'right-choice' ... !!

Over the past year, I heard Warfs , polk audio RTi series, KEF reference & Q series, B&W 683 & Revel M12

Of all the auditions only revel M12 were able to convince me that hi end audio setups can play metal music . . . !!
Guys over these years my budget has constantly been increasing and sort of my requirements too .. .
I can now vouch 1.2L ... AND
I've moved to blue ray quality while watching movies. . .

Its a final call to all in this forum to give me directions. . .
I'm about to make a purchase !!

My i ask you which PRO gear have you listened in your 4 years of hunting period ?

Also i would like to know what is pro music system according to you?

Kanwar

My i ask you which PRO gear have you listened in your 4 years of hunting period ?

Also i would like to know what is pro music system according to you?

Kanwar

I have listened to the following ... (Not an exhaustive list though . . . these are what I can recollect)
1. Warfs . . Dia 9 series , 10 series (BS & FS)& Vardus
2. Jamo (I think it was the S606 OR c605)
3. DALI ikon1, ikon5/6
4. Revel M12, F12
5. B&W 683, 685
6. Polk audio Rti series a7,a9,a3
7. KEF R series bookshelf (maybe R100 or R300) & Q 900
8. PSB Alpha b, T6

Well the subject of the post is outdated and immature when I posted it back then. Its just that i wanted some Hi-fi speakers ... not PRO !!! :eek:

I would want to add another query to the gurus !! !
What sub would best match floorstanders for music ? any model suggestions below 30k ? Again room size is small 12x10 and music preference as explained in my earlier posts ... metal music .. all sub genres .

Thanks for your time !
Cheers !!

I have listened to the following ... (Not an exhaustive list though . . . these are what I can recollect)
3. DALI ikon1, ikon5/6
4. Revel M12, F12
5. B&W 683, 685
8. PSB Alpha b, T6

Well the subject of the post is outdated and immature when I posted it back then. Its just that i wanted some Hi-fi speakers ... not PRO !!! :eek:

I would want to add another query to the gurus !! !
What sub would best match floorstanders for music ? any model suggestions below 30k ? Again room size is small 12x10 and music preference as explained in my earlier posts ... metal music .. all sub genres .

Thanks for your time !
Cheers !!
Im using an old pair of Sansui s-1000j's and blast Death/Black/Thrash/Heavy Metal all the time. Sansui speakers seem pretty decent for Heavy Metal music.

3. DALI ikon1, ikon5/6
4. Revel M12, F12
5. B&W 683, 685
8. PSB Alpha b, T6

Thanks for your time !
Cheers !!

Sadly, neither of your mentioned speakers are related to Pro Audio. :D

Thanks for the reply.

Im using an old pair of Sansui s-1000j's and blast Death/Black/Thrash/Heavy Metal all the time. Sansui speakers seem pretty decent for Heavy Metal music.

Thanks Sandesh ...
If I may.. . . ask you ... who sold them to you ???
just another weird question ??!!:cool:

i think by pro he means serious/ high end stuff. OP - pro audio is a term used by professionals audio users like DJ, studios, theater, concert systems. They are as good as home audio, but have a different look and feel. IMHO home audio is more about furniture grade finish/ look good. Professional audio is more about rugged use, transportable and so on.
SQ wise, you can like either. I like the hard hitting/ fast bass of DJ/ theater systems than my own sub that growl more.

Thanks anm & Sandesh.
For all who were misled by the title of this thread wherein 'Pro' was mentioned, i apologize. I did not mean professional audio. I just needed home audio.

I have now made a purchase and waiting for it to get shipped. I'll share the details once its setup. So all questions of what I chose, how much it cost etc will be answered eventually. For now just bear with me.

I realized that my last post regarding my final decision didn't go through .
Hence putting it up for what its worth.. !!

I finalized on the following setup
AMP - NAD 356
Floorstander - PSB Image T6
Sub - SVS PB-1000

I should say the way this setup worked out for me is ..... the Image T6 holds on to the plethora of instruments that are thrown at it without loosing clarity at high volumes.
Obviously the sub adds the 'gut' to the metal music !!

So finally I am able to enjoy both music and movies == Peace of mind !!! && bliss ..
BTW it took some tweaking regarding the sub's phase, crossover & positioning. But I got results much deserved of the effort !!

Cheers to all those who helped and gave direction to my quest !
\m/

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back