Want to build home theatre gradually

Sushil Kumar Sahu

Hey guys,

I wanted to build a home theatre in my living room. The size is 200 sq. feet. To start with, I will be procuring the Marantz NR1509 AVR. Can you advise what speakers to add for stereo as I intend to add the surround sound later on. I can invest 15k for the stereo speakers.

Later I will add teh surround sound speakers and subs to make it 5.2.

Thanks

Hi

Welcome to HFV....

The NR 1508/9 will be good enough for that area.......

Most speaker brands pair well with Marantz......look at the Boston Acoustics A25 or A26 ...there are multiple websites of different dealers...see who offers the best rate....

Then add the sub and lastly the surrounds....

See threads on what should I buy and Home Theatre for more ideas and posts related which can guide you....

Audition is key...if you can visit all the dealers near your location and hear for yourself.......trust your ears

Hi there, thanks for that, I do not have any audition here in Bhubaneswar. As you suggest, I am gonna go for Boston A26. Do u think that not having a centre channel now will make lot of difference for time being?

Obviously there would be some difference....but the audyssey setup done by the AVR will consider 2 speakers only and ensure that all center channel signals are gone to the L+R speakers...experience will be like hearing from the TV (L+R) only better since this is a dedicated quality AVR with good speakers....

If no chance to audition....please read up the comments and feedback as suggested and also see some YouTube videos to get some idea...

Hi there, thanks for that, I do not have any audition here in Bhubaneswar. As you suggest, I am gonna go for Boston A26.
Hi,
Boston A26 is really a good VFM, I'm am using them with Yamaha 585. These are back ported so you need at least 7 to 8-inch gap between speakers and wall.

Marantz has updated its line up

1508 to 1509
1608 to 1609
5012 to 5013
6012 to 6013

I am sure suppliers / dealers in the country will offer good discounts where possible for the old models so as to clear stock and get the new models in....after all its all marketing and business......

If there is not much significant difference between the 1508 vs 1509 (feature wise which you may use), better to get the older model which will be much cheaper.....

Hi there, could you suggest how do the Polk Audio S15 perform compared to Boston Acoustics A26.
Polk and Dalli goes well with Marantz and I find Dalli zensor 3 or Polk Rti A3 to be good enough and later on you can use them as surround when you upgrade to a floor stander. But movie experience will be a disaster without a center and subwoofer in your set up.

Hi there, thanks for that, I do not have any audition here in Bhubaneswar. As you suggest, I am gonna go for Boston A26. Do u think that not having a centre channel now will make lot of difference for time being?
Bostons do not sound natural. Ask Mr. Anil of Hifimart, if Marantz 2ch amplifiers and receivers have the same sound signature or is it very much different. If it is the same, then go for Sonodyne speakers.

Hey guys, thanks for the input. Can you advise me in case I am not able to place the BS speakers by atleast 6 inches, will it make much of a difference. If so I might as well go for FS speakers. Kindly advise a good pair of FS within 25k and should sound great?

Hi

Taga have a good line up of Floor Standing speakers and even Yamaha...please visit the Owner threads of these brands to get feedback and first hand info on their performance of specific models...

Under 25K:-

TAGA Harmony TAV-806F
Yamaha Speakers F71
Polk Audio T50
Great, the frequency response for the t50 is 38Hz- 24KHz, TAV 806F is 30Hz-25Khz, F71 is 43Hz-26Khz. So should I assume if I don't want the subs, I can go for the taga tav806f due to low frequency response. Kindly advise. Also advise of these GS are also rear ported and need space from rear wall?

TAGA Harmony TAV-806F - Front Ported
Yamaha Speakers F71 - Back Ported
Polk Audio T50 - Passive Radiators

So should I assume if I don't want the subs
It depends on your taste, if required you can add later.

I can go for the taga tav806f due to low frequency response
Taga is a good one

Also advise of these GS are also rear ported and need space from rear wall?
Every speaker needs some space around them to perform at it's best.
Maybe experts can give you a better advice...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back