Want to buy a budget Power Amplifier

Emotiva is more powerful in specs and have great reviews and for the price its nice, ask for better price with other dealers too.

I dont know how to answer. But in Pure Direct, the Subwoofer is silent and the sound output from fronts also is reduced to half.

You are right.. When playing stereo, in "Pure Direct" function, bass management function (LFE) is disengaged..So the 80Hz settings for subwoofer is bypassed in this mode and the fronts are treated as full range, and receives the low freq.. In your case the FS receives the low instead of subwoofer, which is why you feel the difference in bass.. {2.0 (or) only FS}

I am listening (at volume-60 in Marantz 1606) with 2 fronts and one sub so it is 2.1 mode only with sound option multi-channel stereo. Did I answer your question correctly ?

Not sure why "multi-channel stereo" appears when you are using stereo.. But use the "music" button on your remote control and select "Stereo" mode.. This will engage the bass management..Your subwoofer will be active now.. { 2.1 (or) FS + Sub}..

Additional Info - If you use the yellow button "Pure" on your remote, it will cycle thru Pure direct/ direct functions..

Suppose you use "stereo" (2.1) mode, and by mistake you have not switched on the sub, all bass info upto the crossover point (80Hz) will be completely missed.. Only your fronts will play the stereo and would sound dry..

Hope, i was clear..

Crown is not for home use. It has a sound that is best suited outdoors with horn based speakers. A shouty , bassy , loud sound.
It's true generally speaking of pro amp's, but the xls 1500 and above seems to be an exception. I haven't heard it myself so can't vouch for it, but a lot of people have been using it for home use, especially for hard to drive low impedance speakers. I myself have been eyeing the xls 1500 but holding back to get it without audition with my speakers.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

It's true generally speaking of pro amp's, but the xls 1500 and above seems to be an exception. I haven't heard it myself so can't vouch for it, but a lot of people have been using it for home use, especially for hard to drive low impedance speakers. I myself have been eyeing the xls 1500 but holding back to get it without audition with my speakers.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Thanks tuff. I have this XLS1500 on hold for while and looking for an alternative either one reliable source for a not too old used one or anything in my affordable range that you all are talking about.
sanjivnayak

I really like my Clones 55pm (mono blocks) , which comes to about INR 78,000 in Hong Kong (new). If you ever go to Hong Kong, its worth checking out. It is well reviewed too (funnily, one review sets it off against the Crown - see below).

CLONES Audio Pre and Power Amplifiers | Hifi Pig

If two of you go to Hong Kong, you can get one block each for INR 39,000, which makes it under baggage allowance.

https://www.clonesaudio.com/shop

Good luck.

Regards,

Vivek

Elangoas..
Not sure why "multi-channel stereo" appears when you are using stereo.. But use the "music" button on your remote control and select "Stereo" mode.. This will engage the bass management..Your subwoofer will be active now.. { 2.1 (or) FS + Sub}..
In Music option both 'Stereo' as well as 'Multi-channel stereo' appears and in Multi-channel stereo, the center gets activated. Otherwise, both options produces same level of sound.
Additional Info - If you use the yellow button "Pure" on your remote, it will cycle thru Pure direct/ direct functions..
When Pure button (Yellow) is pressed, the Pure Direct sound is activated. The Subwoofer sound is lost. As usual the music appears to be dull.

sorry to piggyback on your thread sanjiv ji, but thought to put forth my similar doubt too here. i too have an NR1606, but i also already have an ext stereo amp, DNM Audio's A777 (140W/ch).....i am confused, whether NR1606 + A777 will suffice or something from SR series should be bought. which will be a better option? if the latter, i would sell the NR1606 and buy something like the SR6011 (dont want to sacrifice Atmos/DTS:X),.....but with an ext stereo amp already with me, my question is whether there would be any need at all to make the jump to an SR model? is the difference going to be substantial?

thanks.

In Music option both 'Stereo' as well as 'Multi-channel stereo' appears and in Multi-channel stereo, the center gets activated. Otherwise, both options produces same level of sound.

Use "stereo" mode for stereo playback..

When Pure button (Yellow) is pressed, the Pure Direct sound is activated. The Subwoofer sound is lost. As usual the music appears to be dull.

Use it in 2.1 mode..

sorry to piggyback on your thread sanjiv ji, but thought to put forth my similar doubt too here. i too have an NR1606, but i also already have an ext stereo amp, DNM Audio's A777 (140W/ch).....i am confused, whether NR1606 + A777 will suffice or something from SR series should be bought. which will be a better option? if the latter, i would sell the NR1606 and buy something like the SR6011 (dont want to sacrifice Atmos/DTS:X),.....but with an ext stereo amp already with me, my question is whether there would be any need at all to make the jump to an SR model? is the difference going to be substantial?

thanks.

If your stereo amp has Pre-in & pre-out jumpers, you can use it with NR1606..So the AVR can drive the rest of the speaker..

thanks.
Thank you dear. Both of us in the same boat. Committed an error by selecting a low power receiver. Only difference is that you have gone one more wrong step ahead of me, by choosing another 'not so well thought' decision. DNM integrated amp. Where as I am struggling to find one good but moderately priced. FMs are generously commenting like-
1. drkrack- Schiit Vidar / Emotiva XPA 2 Gen3 - Top class and expensive
2.asliarun-Parasound Newclassic 2125 / Dayens Ecstasy - Not available
3.dheerajin and asliarun- CROWN XLS 1502- Reserved.
4.lalit09- Emotiva basx A-300 - Reserved.
5.vivek r - Clones 55pm - Not available
6.elangoas- suggesting not to waste on external power amp as it will reduce to 2.0 listening afterall.
I think you keep NR1606 and upgrade the external amplifier. You are welcome to comment and take a decision. I have described all that has sofar taken me uptil here.
Thanks to all FMs like drkrack, Naturelover, sound cycle, Grancshin, MaSh, tuff, Aanuj
sanjivnayak

Thank you dear. Both of us in the same boat. Committed an error by selecting a low power receiver. Only difference is that you have gone one more wrong step ahead of me, by choosing another 'not so well thought' decision. DNM integrated amp. Where as I am struggling to find one good but moderately priced. FMs are generously commenting like-
6.elangoas- suggesting not to waste on external power amp as it will reduce to 2.0 listening afterall.
I think you keep NR1606 and upgrade the external amplifier. You are welcome to comment and take a decision. I have described all that has sofar taken me uptil here.
Thanks to all FMs like drkrack, Naturelover, sound cycle, Grancshin, MaSh, tuff, Aanuj
sanjivnayak
In case you want to experiment. Depending upon your area...you can hire proaudio amps like Crown,Dynatech,QSC ,Behringer.Behringer A500 is also quoted in forums.I got a few opportunities to meet and listen to some of these proaudio brands including Electrovoice and EAW .You need to listen to decide.Note that most of the proaudio amps would have balanced inputs.
As suggested Emotiva A300 appears to be a safe choice given the availability and service /or atleast some dealer to go to. All the best.

If your stereo amp has Pre-in & pre-out jumpers, you can use it with NR1606..So the AVR can drive the rest of the speaker..

yes, doing the same intermittently whenever feel the need.

sanjivnayak

haha. at the time it didn't seem so. because I already had the DNM stereo amp beforehand (I didn't buy it after purchasing the AVR. already had it). I seem to agree with elangoas' suggestion. even am mulling selling both the stereo amp and the AVR in near-future, and instead buy single block of an SR AVR (reasons being, 2 such devices are anyway an eyesore for homefolks, plus would want the amp to provide for all speakers, rather than just front two, as would be in case of an ext *stereo* only amp). :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back