Want to buy a new Stereo system budget ~35k

Sure, I talked to Mr Mayur he told PSB Alpha B1 have been discontiued...Anyways when do you expect them to be restocked ?

Thanks

Should take around a month for it to get restocked, will keep you posted once available, we have a pair at our Delhi showroom for demo so if you ever travel to this part of the country then you are more than welcome for an audition of the same.

Ashish

Sure would try that, wherever I have read most of the PSB's are paired with NAD. Whats the difference between Image B5 & B6 series...

though both these speakers are from the same series and the B5 (old iterations) is/was originally meant for a surround duty of an Image series based setup - they sound very different
one is a rock and roll speaker (to me) with a bigger bass driver (6innch)
the other one with a smaller woofer (5inch) i personally find more refined and superb with vocals

Had one more question, will I need to buy a DAC if I want to connect my PC to the amplifier ? Do the NAD or Marantz series have digital in port ?

Had one more question, will I need to buy a DAC if I want to connect my PC to the amplifier ? Do the NAD or Marantz series have digital in port ?

None of the Integrated amplifier at the lower segment of the price range has Digital in apart from M2 from NAD which is different beast altogether, so its safe to say that you definetely either need an external DAC or an Internal soundcard in the computer (here I am assuming of a desktop computer) which has a good DAC inbuilt, something like ASUS Sonar or the like.

Should i consider buying a receiver, since my use is 60% movies + games and primary source of my music is going to be mp3's from my dekstop ?

Should i consider buying a receiver, since my use is 60% movies + games and primary source of my music is going to be mp3's from my dekstop ?

I think you should coz in the long run you can have a complete 5.1 setup ....:)

I think you should coz in the long run you can have a complete 5.1 setup ....:)

So what receivers should I look at for PSB's, Monitor Audio or Whaferdale speakers ? Budget 20-25k max..I assume I will need to buy an external DAC in any case

So what receivers should I look at for PSB's, Monitor Audio or Whaferdale speakers ? Budget 20-25k max..I assume I will need to buy an external DAC in any case

If you source the AV receiver from abroad you can get a higher model or here you have to settle for Denon 1611 or Onkyo 508 with deep bargain..

Why you need external DAC ? Are you planning to use PC as a source of music?

Is buying from US any cheaper, I can get it via my friend...can get a higher model maybe (ok to do away with warranty)

Yes, PC would be the source of music...will check amazon.com for US & will also check out Alfa in Mumbai to check price difference

IF your budget is only 30-35 k for now, then would suggest you to separate out the MUSIC from the movies.

Go for MUSIC now ..... the Topping takes the cake here. It would blow everything discussed so far in this thread to smithereens. Depending upon source, you may select TP20 or TP30. Read the Topping thread in details to understand the combinations.

For Movies, you can plan step by step as budget allows. No point showing impatience and buying everything together at one go ..... like me, and repent later ......:p

The price of receivers in US is ridiculously cheap... I am thinking of Onkyo 708, Denon 1911 or Yamaha 667 all around for 18-24k. Any advice on the above ? I believe Onkyo 708 is a not a comparable but since I am getting it within my budget have put the same.

Ask 1 question to yourself do you want to posses the AV items or want to go stereo listening.. why people flood with AV gear.If u cant play with decent amount of volume in your living place dont buy expensive AVRs ,5.1s ..it will be waste of money .

If you target music ,concentrate on stereo system..mid level .This will give continued happyness

Back