want to buy SW radio with SSB

rsk11584

Hi friends, I am from Chennai and I am looking to buy a DEGEN, TUSCAN AM/FM/MW/SW radio with SSB facilities to listen to HAM RADIO and other SW bands.

But in chennai i did not find anywhere such radios ;( not even in ritchie street. Usually people are not understand for what i need radio, as now radio is literally extinct in the market, but there is totally different world for amateur radios / ham radios i just want to buy a receiver and listen to conversations afterwards if it interests me will get license and buy a transceiver.

I want to buy radio like this..

TECSUN PL660 Portable Radio FM/LW/MW/SW/SSB/AIRBAND PL | eBay

Tecsun PL-600 AM/FM/LW SSB Shortwave Radio, Black | eBay

Please suggest me....

hi,

If you are interested in sony sw ssb radio 7600 g, pl. revert to me.

cheers,

7W of xmit power in the FM broadcast band? You'll probably have
some visitors (and not the desirable kind either) to your home pretty soon.

7W of xmit power in the FM broadcast band? You'll probably have
some visitors (and not the desirable kind either) to your home pretty soon.

This I learned when my FM transmitter was held at Customs and they were demanding license to import wireless transmitter (Priced Rs 800 :eek:). As far as I remember correctly, license free allowed power limit of FM band transmission is 500mW. That is half watt. Please correct me if I am wrong.

hi,

The VHF frequency is 144-146 MHz (2m) proposed is 144 - 148

UHF - 434-438 MHz (70 cm) proposed is 430 to 440 MHz.

Power allowed is 10 watts for restricted grade licence and 25 watts for general licence issued by WPC.

cheers,

hi,

The VHF frequency is 144-146 MHz (2m) proposed is 144 - 148

UHF - 434-438 MHz (70 cm) proposed is 430 to 440 MHz.

Power allowed is 10 watts for restricted grade licence and 25 watts for general licence issued by WPC.

cheers,

PLease clarify restricted grade is more tough to get than general grade or vice versa, because the more tough the grade the more watts transmitter should be given,

i think general license is without exam and restricted is with exam, and if am not wrong then 25 watts will cover more range than 10 watts pls correct

This I learned when my FM transmitter was held at Customs and they were demanding license to import wireless transmitter (Priced Rs 800 :eek:). As far as I remember correctly, license free allowed power limit of FM band transmission is 500mW. That is half watt. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Then what happened did u manage customs ,

hi,

Restricted Grade II -Permitting use of VHF/UHF only (i.e Walkie-Talkies).
Grade II - Permitting HF/VHF/UHF frequencies but with limited transmitting power.
Grade I- Permitting all amateur frequencies with higher power including latest techniques.
Advance Grade- Permitting higher power and advanced techniques including Satellite Communication.

The Morse Code of 5 words per minutes sending-receiving will make eligible to get grade-II and 12 words per minutes sending-receiving will get grade-I. For advanced grade higher level of technical knowledge in electronics is essentially required.

You may refer to the wpc site for the current rules and regulations.

cheers,

I guess the whole FM xmtr discussion is OT from the original posters question. Anyways,
I don't know what the rules are for our country. It's easier to find
USA's FCC rules online :) But anything over a few hundred mW is a risk,
esp if you have a good antenna.
However, with a simple whip antenna, and a 25mW FM transmitter, I
could transmit across a 5000 sft office space. I think those car USB/iPOD
transmitters are about 10mW.

Here's an interesting booster for one of those -

Ipod Stereo FM transmitter with 1W output power.

Last edited:
I guess the whole FM xmtr discussion is OT from the original posters question. Anyways,
I don't know what the rules are for our country. It's easier to find
USA's FCC rules online :) But anything over a few hundred mW is a risk,
esp if you have a good antenna.
However, with a simple whip antenna, and a 25mW FM transmitter, I
could transmit across a 5000 sft office space. I think those car USB/iPOD
transmitters are about 10mW.

Here's an interesting booster for one of those -

Ipod Stereo FM transmitter with 1W output power.

im still looking for my receiver ;( and meanwhile i have ordered this which u posted,,

Home Car Wireless FM Transmitter LCD for Cell Phone PDA | eBay

this is already avl in ebay n other shops,, let me try it out and then will post my exp , meanwhile can anyone give me shop to buy ssb radio :sad::sad:

thanks friends for ur replies, i have seen sony ICF-SW7600GR and kept that as option but nowhere am able to buy a ssb radio.

I dont have much knowledge of electronics so im not a DIY..

Even this site has great offers for radios , fm transmitters.

49$ is damm cheap for this
7Watt FM broadcast transmitter only 49usd inlcuding shipping for sale Promotion!!!! - Powered by www.Fmuser.com

Another very simple DIY option.

http://www.conrad.com/FRANZIS-TUBES...-int&pi=192272&ci=SHOP_AREA_17618_2420100&Ctx

Regards,
Sachin

Coming back to topic, with radio if you are interested in AM (MW/LW/SW) DIY active tuned antenna then PM me. I also have one redundant C Crane twin coil ferrite AM antenna, never used. I use previously bought same item. Still not decided to sell as I loved making/collecting/possessing those items. But for interested person I can think of that.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back