Want to connect my PC with Sony Bravia 32 LCD. HELP PLEASE!

Hi,
I connected my PC to TV Bravia 32 by DVI-to-HDMI cable (to HDMI 1 on TV) and sound cable (from PC-Line-Out to PC-in-TV). I get very good picture on screen but no sound on TV speakers at all. What should I do to get sound? Please answer.
Thanks.
Mike

The PC-in in your tv is not for audio. It is a port which is used to connect an attachment(which must have come with your tv). The attachment has a VGA or DVI port through which you can connect your pc.

Long story cut short, you need to connect the pc line out of from your pc to sound in/audio in (if your tv has one). If it doesn't have any sound in port, you'll have to upgrade your graphics card which has an hdmi port, and then use the standard hdmi cable for both audio and video.

Hi...

I have a Sony Bravia 32 S550A LCD TV and my HP Desktop PC.
I want to play all of my MKV movies directly on my PC and watch them directly on my LCD TV ?

Is it possible ??

Since my Sony Home Theatre doesnt play the MKV movies files, so I have to get a work around for this PC to LCD display solution.

How can I do that ??

My CPU has a VGA input, where my SAMSUNG LCD Monitor is attached..

So, do I need to buy a VGA to HDMI cable and then put in the HDMI in SONY BRAVIA and the VGA in this CPU and start the PC mode ??

Am I right ??

Correct me, if Im wrong..

Don't even consider an hdmi to Vga cable as it will NOT work. These cables are a scam as it is not possible to convert the digital hdmi signal to the analog vga signal with just a cable.

The best way to do it is to use a DVI to HDMI cable. This is way better than vga to vga as far as picture quality is concerned.

As far as audio is concerned, you can use an ep to rc cable (looks like this http://www.ramelectronics.net/template-resources/images/RAM/Static/55-899.jpg) to connect your PC(using aux out) to the audio L/R in of your ht.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back