Want to connect my PC with Sony Bravia 32 LCD. HELP PLEASE!

sambit

Hi...

I have a Sony Bravia 32 S550A LCD TV and my HP Desktop PC.
I want to play all of my MKV movies directly on my PC and watch them directly on my LCD TV ?

Is it possible ??

Since my Sony Home Theatre doesnt play the MKV movies files, so I have to get a work around for this PC to LCD display solution.

How can I do that ??

My CPU has a VGA input, where my SAMSUNG LCD Monitor is attached..

So, do I need to buy a VGA to HDMI cable and then put in the HDMI in SONY BRAVIA and the VGA in this CPU and start the PC mode ??

Am I right ??

Correct me, if Im wrong..

You have to connect LCD with VGA TO VGA cable.
VGA is anaaloge & HDMI is digital.So dont try for conversion.

If you want to connect both monitors to PC at atime,then add a graphiccard(say 8500 for Rs.1800)which has DVI & VGA(or DVI2) which can work with both monitors.

Hi bro, thanks for your quick reply.

Ok, I dont want to connect 2 monitors at a time.

I just need to connect LCD TV to ym PC, so that I can start my Computer and start my VLC and just do it Full Screen.
Thats it!

Possible via a VGA to VGA cable ??

Whats the best way to order a VGA to VGA 10-15 meter cable Online in India ?? :rolleyes:

Hi bro,

How can I do them before switching on the PC ??

And how do we do those,

"Keep aspect ratio as unscaled on LCD & reduce to lower resolution from PC display." ??

I have Windows 7.

Do you mean, we have to do those changes while on my LCD monitor and then connect to the LCD TV ? :rolleyes:

You can connect PC with VGA to VGA(PC input)of LCD.
Keep aspect ratio as unscaled on LCD & reduce to lower resolution from PC display.
Now you can turn on PC safely.

Simply change display setting to 800 X 600
(from desktop before you shut down)
Can do as Rt.click Desktop >propertties>setting

Then change input from LCD as PC input & select PC ratio as unscaled(sometimes its auto)check manual too.

Connect cable.

Now you can turn on PC.

VGA D-sub---this is what you need--

15m
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

20m
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

10m

10m is 33 ft; and that's pushing it for any cable.. 15 metres is 48 ft.. and obviously for a cable to reliably transfer info over such a distance it needs to be really good quality (Read expensive)

what resolution is your bravia? HD ready aka 1366 x 768 or full HD aka 1920x1080? my old SD projector used to suffer with any VGA cable or over 10m, and that is 800 x600 not high res like your bravia

for the price you are paying if you want a 10m cable may make sense to get a el cheapo HDMI graphic card and a 10m HDMI cable (may work out cheaper)

+ a Nvidia 9400/8400 or ati 43xx /3xxx should set you back another 2k, and you'll get a digital connection..

cheers

Kapil

Hi..
I did that testing with a VGA to VGA cable and there was nice display.

But alas, NO AUDIO! :sad::sad::sad:

How do we get the audio ??

Hi,
I connected my PC to TV Bravia 32 by DVI-to-HDMI cable (to HDMI 1 on TV) and sound cable (from PC-Line-Out to PC-in-TV). I get very good picture on screen but no sound on TV speakers at all. What should I do to get sound? Please answer.
Thanks.
Mike

Hi,
I connected my PC to TV Bravia 32 by DVI-to-HDMI cable (to HDMI 1 on TV) and sound cable (from PC-Line-Out to PC-in-TV). I get very good picture on screen but no sound on TV speakers at all. What should I do to get sound? Please answer.
Thanks.
Mike
Your connections seem fine. You need to check in the TV menu, and set to output audio from PC In.
Instead of PC line out, you cold also try PC headphone out.

Hi,
Thanks.
Mike

Not sure which model Bravia you have, but I checked in one of the Bravia manuals I had. The DVI-to-HDMI cable needs to be connected to the HDMI 2 input. The audio on the PC IN gets routed to the PC input OR the HDMI 2 input.

Try connecting the cable to HDMI 2, and check if you get the audio and video on the HDMI 2 input on the TV.

Hi...

I have a Sony Bravia 32 S550A LCD TV and my HP Desktop PC.
I want to play all of my MKV movies directly on my PC and watch them directly on my LCD TV ?

Is it possible ??

Since my Sony Home Theatre doesnt play the MKV movies files, so I have to get a work around for this PC to LCD display solution.

How can I do that ??

My CPU has a VGA input, where my SAMSUNG LCD Monitor is attached..

So, do I need to buy a VGA to HDMI cable and then put in the HDMI in SONY BRAVIA and the VGA in this CPU and start the PC mode ??

Am I right ??

Correct me, if Im wrong..

HDMI to HDMI ok
HDMI to DVI ok
HDMI to VGA x
DVI to VGA x
VGA to VGA ok

hope that clarifies.............since both the devices support VGA, that is your only option for video. For audio run a stereo cable from the computer audio out to the TV audio in, should be an audio in socket next to the VGA connector.

Hope that helps

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back