Wanted Altec Lansing MX5021 in working condition

techrolla

Hi...I have been spending 2 weeks now on every site in internet where i can buy a piece of MX5021. I am from cochin and there are no dealers selling it as its no more available. Finally i am going for the last option. is there anyone selling your used old one? let me know. ANother item i am looking is ATP3

Techrolla, I dont think anyone who have this model would sell it. Its a beast of a speaker - giving me the same sound it used to give when i bought them 4 years back.

I can probably ask my dealer (in Bangalore) if you are interested. Pls let me know.

Techrolla, I dont think anyone who have this model would sell it. Its a beast of a speaker - giving me the same sound it used to give when i bought them 4 years back.

I can probably ask my dealer (in Bangalore) if you are interested. Pls let me know.

according to the knowledgeable gurus on this forum-

these beastly-type speakers - ultra-high end speakers - need at least 4000 hours of use (burn-in) before they even start to live up to their golden potential-

i am sure now that - at the end of 5 years of use the MX5021 will reach stratospheric levels and give their best performance -

sorry techrolla - nobody is going to sell you this gem.

yours -
in sadness
suri:sad:

Its a beast of a speaker - giving me the same sound it used to give when i bought them 4 years back.

suri said:
these beastly-type speakers - ultra-high end speakers - need at least 4000 hours of use (burn-in) before they even start to live up to their golden potential

Akblgr says it sounds the same now as when he bought it 4 years ago. Which would mean that he has not played them for 4000 hours in 4 years and that is why they sound the same as 4 years ago.
C'mon, Akblgr get them up to 4000 hours and then realize their potential. :lol:

I just sold my 2nd pair for 5300 on another forum (TE).
Theres still enough stock in Pune, i see a new pair lying at the store whenever i go

Hi...I have been spending 2 weeks now on every site in internet where i can buy a piece of MX5021. I am from cochin and there are no dealers selling it as its no more available. Finally i am going for the last option. is there anyone selling your used old one? let me know. ANother item i am looking is ATP3

Techrolla, Computerwarehouse in Bangalore sells this speaker for Rs.6800. Its listed in their pricelist .. downloadable at their website. (Can I post external URLs here - allowed?) http://www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/downloadpricelist.asp?file=Pricelist.xls

Download teh excel sheet - Row # 451

Lol.. This 4000 hours stuff is some trivia stuff indeed :) .. I sure will. Gosh.. this speaker has much much more to offer eh !

Yus. Just you wait till you clock 4000 hours on these. I think speakers should come with some sort of a burn in odometer. Just so that people know when the burn in is all done and they are NOW realizing it to their full potential. Or not.

Last edited:
Lynx chandigarh also sells these speakers, about 6700 i guess,not sure but they definitely have this speakers. It seemed u wanted the best in 2.1 setup, well go ahead... just search lynx india from google and u will get the url there.

OOH u may as well read my review of the Mx 5021 somewhere in this forum

cheers,

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back