Warfdale vs Monitor audio centre channel speaker

Anik06

Hi,

Which is better buy Monitor Audio bronze center (22k) vs warfdale diamond 220c (17k).

My requirements:
Speaker must be warm sounding.
I have monitor audio bronze front speakers.

As per my research I found warfdale is warm sounding. But a lot of members have mentioned that front three speakers must timber match. Would warfdale will be right choice?

Also Where can I audition warfdale and Monitor Audio in Pune.

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,
Anik

Yes, as alll have said, the front three should atleast be of the same brand. The reason being while watching a movie when the sound pans from one side to another, it should sound seamless. However, thats just an idea situation to be in. Its not a Rule. If you like any particular speakers and feel it sounds as good and similar to the fronts, go for it. I use a pair of Aiwa hifi speakers connected in Series as a center channel with Kef towers as front. Surprisingly the combination has proven to be quite good. So Audition, listen to various speakers and pick the one that covers all bases.

MaSh

But a lot of members have mentioned that front three speakers must timber match. Would warfdale will be right choice?
Yes Timber Match is Generally Good but Not a Must. I Use Heco Metron center Speaker with My Monitor Audio Silver FS. MAs are bright , Heco is Warm , This combo kind of works for me. So go ahead and if possible, audition at your place and decide.

By the way In this case, I would have gone with MA Bronze Center speaker , because it is the better resolving one , out of the two options (I have heard both, in their respective 5.1 configurations) ; but that is again a subjective comment.

I have auditioned both the speakers. Both are excellent and capable center speakers having excellent build quality. WD seems to be little bigger due to plinth. WD have warm and weighty sound while MA is subtle and overflow with details. For me it's MA ( for matching LCR)

Hi,

Which is better buy Monitor Audio bronze center (22k) vs warfdale diamond 220c (17k).

My requirements:
Speaker must be warm sounding.
I have monitor audio bronze front speakers.

As per my research I found warfdale is warm sounding. But a lot of members have mentioned that front three speakers must timber match. Would warfdale will be right choice?

Also Where can I audition warfdale and Monitor Audio in Pune.

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,
Anik

The Center speaker and the Subwoofer are the most important role performers in a HT setup. A Good sub will ensure effective delivery of low frequencies with punch and the center is supposed to provide the warm crisp dialogues and other sounds as deemed through it.

If i were you, i would ensure that the center speaker has a high sensitivity and also can output maximum frequencies between 20hz to 20khz.....a 3 way speaker design would be the best but comes in large sizes which may get challenging to place with the entire setup.

Auditioning is the only way to know what you expect....if there are limited dealers in Pune, make a quick trip to Mumbai....visit the various dealers.....use the same movie content as reference and then decide.....

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. Any idea in Pune where can I audition warfdale?

Also I want to be sure for subwoofer there is no such limitation. I am thinking to buy BIC America F12.

Regards,
Anik

Audition various brands of subs....BIC America and Taga both offer various models.....its all on size and placement and budget...

BIC AM F12 is good to some extent ..the PL 200 is much much better.....too bad the H100ii is not available

my experience is monitor audio is bright
Monitor audio is bright, but the brightness can be tamed using the treble knob/ equalisation. WD is warm, but it is better not to mix them with MA, both have different sound signatures. Though I have heard both MA and WD a lot many times, but I don't own them. I was recently thinking of getting a pair of WD, but one dealer in Bangalore said that WD speakers do not last long and after about three years they start giving problems. I do not know how far this is true, and to verify, I tried contacting the guy whose WD I use to listen to, but he has shifted and also contact no has changed. So anyone owning WD for an extensive period, can throw some light on this.

Last edited:
I was recently thinking of getting a pair of WD, but one dealer in Bangalore said that WD speakers do not last long and after about three years they start giving problems. I do not know how far this is true, and to verify, I tried contacting the guy whose WD I use to listen to, but he has shifted and also contact no has changed. So anyone owning WD for an extensive period, can throw some light on this.

Which dealer has said that 3 yr cut off !!! Such statements are quite misleading.
I am sure there are many FMs here using WDs and used in the past.

Hi,

I am using WD 220c and it is a good center speaker. But I would suggest you to stick to MA in your setup so that your front stage will be matching.
WD sound signature is warm.

MA bronze center is perfectly matching in your setup , both center speakers are good, but imo MA have more detailing and clarity than WD center speaker.

Which dealer has said that 3 yr cut off !!! Such statements are quite misleading.
I am sure there are many FMs here using WDs and used in the past.
I had contacted some dealers about two months back and only one of them said this about WD, others did not comment on this particular aspect but said that WD cabinet build quality is sometimes not good. Now since it is two months back, I don't exactly remember which dealer said this.

contacted some dealers about two months back and only one of them said this about WD

That's pretty much BS, they're unnecessarily defaming a well established brand. I sold my Wd diamond 4yrs ago after using for 3 yrs ; new user is still using them. Speakers do not cause any problems unless proper care is taken for first 8y in my experience.

It was said that the build quality of earlier WD Diamond series was poor but current Diamond 200 series build very well and can last for longer periods if maintain well. It's better if you audition and decide which suits you.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back