Waterproof tv for bathroom.

soumyajit92

Hi guys, looking for some kind of ip rated moisture/waterproof tv for my master bathroom. Has to be at least 32inches or bigger. Not getting any useful results from google in india. Any leads ll be helpful. Thank you.

Hi guys, looking for some kind of ip rated moisture/waterproof tv for my master bathroom. Has to be at least 32inches or bigger. Not getting any useful results from google in india. Any leads ll be helpful. Thank you.
Your requirement is quite unique, i doubt you would buy this, but such a product is actually available

I would do desi jugad though, put some waterproof transparent cover on tv, and tape the open ends so no water goes in.

Your requirement is quite unique, i doubt you would buy this, but such a product is actually available

I would do desi jugad though, put some waterproof transparent cover on tv, and tape the open ends so no water goes in.
I doubt this is available in India..

Heat needs to escape.
Moisture must not come it.

Two kind of contradictory requirements unless you smear your entire TV with thermal paste, seal it and keep it in high draft.

how about making glass cabinet, seal it with waterproof sealant and have a exhaust dust with a small fan. mount the tv on wall and enclose it under the glass cabinet. This will result in reduced picture quality, but should counter moisture and heat.

If someone is that rich to put a tv in the bathroom, might as well put a budget AC in there to live The Crib life
A/C in the bathroom is a horrible idea no matter how rich you are. Also, it won't help with humidity due to the steam if you're using a hot shower.

Steam will kill it if anything else can't.. SAMSUNG Terrace when it launches.
Even if you ignore the richness barbs here, must think how long you spend in your bathroom to justify a tv setup. If it's not a lot, do look for a smaller setup based on raspberry pi or arduino with monitor enclosed behind a mirror for basics.

Check in Indiamart website if there are commercial TVs that can handle humidity and water splashes.

Yeah it’s a totally brilliant idea - having a tv in the bathroom. Imagine the amount of life altering news you’d miss while taking a dump.

Steam will kill it if anything else can't.. SAMSUNG Terrace when it launches.
Even if you ignore the richness barbs here, must think how long you spend in your bathroom to justify a tv setup. If it's not a lot, do look for a smaller setup based on raspberry pi or arduino with monitor enclosed behind a mirror for basics.
For now installing a regular cheap tv. We ll update later if i mange to kill this one.

Yes i have gone through all these. It's nothing groundbreaking to have a tv in a high end bathroom, in fact quite normal. But the thing is my designer was asking to import it and it'll be costly. So i was hoping if i could manage that personally, here, locally. For now i ll get a cheap tv, if i manage to kill it, i ll have to go the expensive way.

My suggestion:

Make a cut out in the wall, install a Tv inside. Cover with quality glass with no gap between glass and TV. Seal the edges cleanly with some latex-based sealant.

When I was on audit visits, I remember one of the hotels I stayed had a TV in the bathroom. Not sure if it was Westin or some high range hotel, it was in some glass enclosure. It was no larger than 21 inches I think. I was not able to see the brand but it was a LCD / LED

Back