Wattage of the Step Down 220/100v ?

ny2j

Hi Members,

I have to buy a Step down to power my reciever rated 415w and powered subwoofer rated 100w ?

I saw options ranging from 1000w to 2000w.

I will be interested to buy a product that provides vroom to keep my equipment safe. I am not able to decide the right wattage.

415+100=515*1.5 ~ 772w [ as per standard notion to choose power]

Will 1000w suffice for my needs ?

Any specific feature to watch out for in a step down ?

Thanks in advance.

cheers !

No replies.................

I think not many ppl entertain the idea of getin a 110v AVR :)

i think you are talking about output wattage. what is the input wattage. or the ampere rating on the device. ampere x voltage (in your case 110) will give you wattage. spec the step down about 20% higher than your requirement. i believe 1kw transformer should do. maxine is a good brand and should cost you about 2900 rupees

Hi,
I got my Subwoofer Polk Audio PSW 505) day before yesterday from USA through Shopyourworld.com. For that I bought a local stepdown 500VA which is working fine. Only thing you have to chech is that output voltage is 110 V which can be done with a multimeter if you have or any electrician can do it for you and it should have a circuit breaker (Fuse) in output line(so that circuit breaks in case of higher voltage). 1000VA step down is fair enough for your requirement and will cost about Rs 1000 - Rs 1500

Manish

I will Hunt for a Step down 1KVA in my region DELHI/NCR and see if i can grab one with auto voltage cut within 1500-2000 range....

i stand corrected on the price. the 1.5kva was about 2900. the 1 kva of maxine was about 2400. you should get other brands within 2000

hi,
I again suggest you to check maximum power consumption of your avr and not rated power..which should not be more than 600w..

~naimesh

Hi, I have an xbox 360 modern warfare edition & oppo bdp 93 both purchased from US. Can somebody please help me how to calculate the step down converter capacity which I would require to run the subject items. Thanks!

Hi, I have an xbox 360 modern warfare edition & oppo bdp 93 both purchased from US. Can somebody please help me how to calculate the step down converter capacity which I would require to run the subject items. Thanks!
max power consumption*1.5 approx

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back