WD 220 or BA A26 for Norge 1000

MohanK

Hey all,

I am narrowed to Norge 1000. Now Can someone please suggest Wharfedale 220 or Boston A 26 .. which one should be good for this? price seems to be almost same..

I have tested WD220 with Norge 2060. It pairs very well.
Norge 1000 should be able to drive 220 very well due to more power.

Well, thanks all, I have Norge 1000 and WD 220 now.. Sounds good.
Now one issue(?).. I directly connected the 3.5mm jack-RCA cable as the input and connect laptop or Mobile.. Sometimes I can hear some krik krik sound !. I was playing from Gaana.. Did notice it when playing from laptop,

any Idea?

Well, thanks all, I have Norge 1000 and WD 220 now.. Sounds good.
Now one issue(?).. I directly connected the 3.5mm jack-RCA cable as the input and connect laptop or Mobile.. Sometimes I can hear some krik krik sound !. I was playing from Gaana.. Did notice it when playing from laptop,

any Idea?
Never connect headphone out of phone/ laptop or anything directly to amp, always connect through buffer, it will sound much better, like connecting line out of source to line in of amp.

In the case of analog sources, having only headphone out, a buffer will act as an intermediary to match the impedance of headphone out and line in of amp.

In the case of digital sources, headphone/ line out should always be connected to line in of analog amps, through a buffer, because amps can differentiate between pure sine wave from analog sources and stepped sine wave from digital sources, and analog amps are more happier with pure sine waves being fed to them from analog sources. Using a buffer will smooth the stepped sine waves, which in turn will ensure higher longevity of the amp and also reduces harshness of digital music.

Never connect headphone out of phone/ laptop or anything directly to amp, always connect through buffer, it will sound much better, like connecting line out of source to line in of amp.

In the case of analog sources, having only headphone out, a buffer will act as an intermediary to match the impedance of headphone out and line in of amp.

In the case of digital sources, headphone/ line out should always be connected to line in of analog amps, through a buffer, because amps can differentiate between pure sine wave from analog sources and stepped sine wave from digital sources, and analog amps are more happier with pure sine waves being fed to them from analog sources. Using a buffer will smooth the stepped sine waves, which in turn will ensure higher longevity of the amp and also reduces harshness of digital music.
Thanks Bro, can you please suggest any make and model for a buffer? Not much expensive;)

You can search for tube buffers in amazon. In amazon they cost about 5k and more, all depending upon the seller. You can also purchase from aliexpress at much cheaper prices.

You can search for tube buffers in amazon. In amazon they cost about 5k and more, all depending upon the seller. You can also purchase from aliexpress at much cheaper prices.
Can we use a cd/DVD player with USB and AUX in also instead of a tube buffer? Being honest I have no idea about this..

Vinyl, One more question, Will it make any damage to the amp? means Connecting headphone out to amp without a buffer.. I am researching on the buffer though.

Norge will perform the best if supplied with line level inputs. If you get Chromecast audio, you can stream music from gaana and other applications wirelessly. You may also look at Bluetooth receivers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back