WD HD TV live remote not working, where to buy/repair?

manishk13

Hi

I got my WD HD TV live player from usa 6 months back (amazon.com). The remote is not responding making the sytem unusable as there is no interface on the product

Where to geta replacement ? is there international warranty in india?

is anyone selling theirs that i can buy?

thanks
Manish

You can install custom firmware(wdlxtv) and use webGUI for remote.

There is also a possibility of using any other remote and map it to wdtvlive's remote settings. I havent tried that. But more info on this thread

Had same problem. Opened the remote and noticed a break in a solder joint by the orange square, resoldered it and working perfect now. See attachment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 175
Meanwhile you can use its "app" for android phone or iPhone...if you have any.

WDTV doesn't come with international warranty. You can purchase one at the service centre.
You can also buy a universal remote control instead. eg. Logitech Harmony

WDTV does come with international warranty. I got one from US and WD call center confirmed warranty is valid.

WD does provide worldwide warranty on HDD , ,media players etc., but Do they provide warranty on the remote control units too ?

How did you manage to open the remote. I tried and found it very hard. I was afraid that i would break it. Pls help.

Regards
Sanjeev

Had same problem. Opened the remote and noticed a break in a solder joint by the orange square, resoldered it and working perfect now. See attachment.

For broken/lost remotes here's the workaround.

1. Use universal remote which supports WD Tv codes. (Logitech harmony series)
2. See if you can put custom firmware (wdlxtv), after which u can use your smartphone or browser as a remote.

The final solution, looks like a harmony 200. Meanwhile was just exploring if i could fix the remote. Has anyone tried the custom firmware and if so howz the stability? And what happens when a new firmware is discovered by the media player, Just ignore it?

Thank you

For broken/lost remotes here's the workaround.

1. Use universal remote which supports WD Tv codes. (Logitech harmony series)
2. See if you can put custom firmware (wdlxtv), after which u can use your smartphone or browser as a remote.

My WD TV live has been acting weird(I will explain the problems in details later) for some time now, initially i thought its because of the new firmware.
But even after a factory reset, the problems remain!
The problems
- It randomly stops detecting the External Drive I have attached to it.
- It hangs and then the only solution is to cut the power and restart the device. This can happen two-three times in a typical 2 hour run :annoyed::annoyed:
- It suddenly comes up with a message "An external wireless adapter detected. The WD TV will use this adapter for wireless connection. If you do not wish to use this adapter please remove it from the WD TV." To be clear, the only thing hooked up to the player is a WD My Passport 1TB External HDD. I do have my home Wi Fi network details fed into the WD TV, but I think this is an erroneous message and should not come up.

The factory reset has reduced the Hard Drive detection problem, but the hanging and the error message is still there.
My unit is out of warranty and when I called up the customer care, the only help they could provide was to ask me to do a "Reset", which, I had already done!
Is anyone aware of any solution to these kind of problems? If not, then what is the next best step that I can take?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back