WD MEDIA PLAYER-Detection issues.

jayantadak

Hello,

I am using WD TV LIVE MEDIA PLAYER since the last 6 years without any issues. I had disconnected the player for the past 2 months since I was out of town, today when I re-connected it, I found that the WD PLAYER is not detected by my system. I get the WD Logo on the screen, but nothing more. I had called the customer support, where I was advised to reset it, I did that too, but that too did not help. I have connected the player to my TV via Denon receiver. I also connected the player directly to the TV but still it was not detected. The display on the TV says, that USB not detected (despite of the Logo being displayed). Please suggest to solve the issue. Thanks.

My WDTV is connected via HDMI to denon and from denon to tv via another hdmi.
i do not have a USB connection to TV. When i experienced similar issues (WD logo comes up but doesnt progress to the home screen view) i take off all teh cables incl power- allow WDTV to cool and reattach the power cord after 15-20 minutes.. usually works. did you try that.

@realactivex,

I probably did it may be 2/3 times, but I would definitely try it again. It might work. But if it does not work, I am afraid if I would be getting help from the WDTV in Mumbai.

@realactivex,

I probably did it may be 2/3 times, but I would definitely try it again. It might work. But if it does not work, I am afraid if I would be getting help from the WDTV in Mumbai.
Try reset button.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back