WD TV Live (ie WD TV 2)

argho

Guys,

Any idea when this is going to be available in India ?

I read all the reviews I could find, and they have all been positive.
Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Hey just ordered mine from 20north. worked out to Rs 7000.

Waiting for the delivery.

what is 20north? a US website? If yes, then what about the india warranty?

Also does Rs. 7000 include the Wifi capability so we have to pay more for it?

xtreamer's advantage till date was pricing for wireless/ 1080p content etc. But if a brand like wdtv2 is available at 7k, why would anyone buy xtreamer? I would not - sadly, I purchased one and it is lying unused.
And then attitude of xtreamer guys, and dropping items from scheduled firmware releases!! I purchased it hoping that I can do mods to it given that it is linux - but that was a bad assumption.

regards

IMO Xtreamer is overpriced. they are selling it online direct. at leat the price should be comparable to WDTV. WD manages to sell WDTV through dealers at much lesser price.

xtreamer's advantage till date was pricing for wireless/ 1080p content etc. But if a brand like wdtv2 is available at 7k, why would anyone buy xtreamer? I would not - sadly, I purchased one and it is lying unused.
And then attitude of xtreamer guys, and dropping items from scheduled firmware releases!! I purchased it hoping that I can do mods to it given that it is linux - but that was a bad assumption.

regards

when i was considering an HD player, Xtreamer was 10k +shipping. so i went for WDTV for 99$

regards
Anm: WD is no less, after WDTV2, WD firmwares have stopped completely:mad:!!!

7k for this from 20north kicks the ass of the Xtreamer...what say?

It sure does..... I got my WD Media player for 7200 bucks just 2 months back and now even WD TV live is available for less than that!!

BTW Madbullram is absolutely correct. Its high time WD release a firmware. Especially the quality of WD TV on CRT tv's is pathetic. I got the media player so that I can watch movies on my CRT tv which is in the room.....But the movies are either cropped or there is too much shake on screen. Morever the subtitle (even the largest size) is toooooooo small on a CRT tv. So didnt solve the purpose I expected it to solve.

Hoping to get a 50" plasma soon and then would shift the 32" Bravia to my room :yahoo:

One of my friends was going to US two weeks ago. So, I ordered two (one for me and one for my friend) of these from Best Buy (online) to deliver to my brother's place. On testing, my brother found that one was DOA. Unfortunately, the drone at the BB store asked him to return both. So, my friend returned empty handed.
I am seriously considering buying ACRyan's playon HD or xtreamer locally.

Hi Ram, How easy is it to connect the audio output of this player to the Philips 4750. Does it give out a good surround effect?
Thanks

Back