Weird Issue with Hard Drive and frozen TV Picture Size on different TV's

Appys

I have a Seagate 1gB HDD and connect it with my Samsung 40 Inch TV to watch movies and shows on it.Recently I had connected the same to my other TV a 32" Sony Bravia for a couple of days.
After reconnecting it to my Samsung I am unable to increase the Picture Size and it remains stuck at the centre like a 32" window which I cant zoom in or out of,as if I were watching a 32" window on a 40"er..

Any solutions?

hi,

When you connected back the HDD to 40" did you checked the TV resolution ? try to change it manually, may be its not adjusting it automatically and you need to do it manually.

Thanks

Tried to adjust the resolution manually did not work..I am wondering if the Sony Tv wrote some metadata in the media files and screwed up the resolution permanently..getting some more fresh content and will retry tomorrow morning..fingers crossed..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Connect hard drive to PC

Check any newly created folders
See if any folder with name sony on it ..

Delete the folder

Check it connecting to Samsung TV

PLS REPORT - It will be useful for all

Did a fresh download of some series and played back..same result, a 32" window at the center..No option to change picture size and P.Size button displays not available:mad:..Tried throwing mp4 web URL's via dlna and tried playback on dlna from laptop as well.Used all fresh files directly from the laptop all gave the same result..Had updated the firmware of the Smart Tv yesterday to v2131 as well ,not sure if that's the culprit here...
Downloading a USB update for 2130 and will try a downgrade..not sure if that will work:sad:..:sos:

:indifferent14: Downgrade failed as it would need something above 2131 for upgrade..
No updates to metadata seems possible as the TV is playing all media in the same Picture size DLNA,HDD etc and even web url's over DLNA appear in the same window..Stuck now

HDD is in which format ? And cluster size if you can check

When you change the resolution manually does it shows any effect increase / Decrease or no change at all ?

If possible remove the content and format the HDD and try it should work.

Not sure if when connected to sony it creates / update its file system or anything as such.

Resolved---Still not sure if the Sony or the the new software update had messed up the picture size... Apart from the P. Size button and picture size option in the main menu, there is a third tweak on picture size via the playback menu accessible on clicking ok.. Reset the smart hub and modified picture size through the third option.. Got everything back to normal now

Not sure if when connected to sony it creates / update its file system or anything as such.
AYlgpr

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back