Wharfdale 9.1 to MA BR2 upgrade ?

the MA BR2 is much more detailed than your warfedales 9.1
its a definite UPgrade (speaker wise)

however the problem i see is your amp
A marantz with MA BR2 !! - i hope you listen to "chamkila" music!
the highs will get irritating!

i would advice these speakers but not advice this combo unless you hear it and like it.
Also do not hear just one song- please try auditioning for an hour to notice if you feel fatigue

With the marantz amp i would look at PSB,KEF,Quad
if youve got a 20k budget i would look no further than the PSB B25 with this amp or a MS 906i or the KEF IQ10

if youve got 30k get the JAmo C405 : i would bet this woul go really well with that amp

BTW : whats the budget

Actually Magma - the PSB's for example are a far more brighter speaker brand than the Monitor Audio. Specific models have specific strengths but on a whole it is safer to say that the PSBs are more forward sounding, slightly more sensitive and also a bit more brighter than the average Monitor Audio speaker.

So, if the Marantz pairs well with a PSB, I dont think it would be too bad with a Monitor Audio. I have listened to the MA RS1 with a Marantz AV Receiver and regarding combination very very highly. That is a fantastic bookshelf speaker.

To the OP - I would not consider the jump from the Diamond 9.1 to the MA Bronze BR2 to be a significant upgrade. Instead I suggest that you plan for a slightly more substantial upgrade. The upgrade does not have to mean that you have to move from a bookshelf to a floorstander though. It could even be an excellent bookshelf - like the RS1 for example.

Actually Magma - the PSB's for example are a far more brighter speaker brand than the Monitor Audio. Specific models have specific strengths but on a whole it is safer to say that the PSBs are more forward sounding, slightly more sensitive and also a bit more brighter than the average Monitor Audio speaker.

So, if the Marantz pairs well with a PSB, I dont think it would be too bad with a Monitor Audio. I have listened to the MA RS1 with a Marantz AV Receiver and regarding combination very very highly. That is a fantastic bookshelf speaker.

To the OP - I would not consider the jump from the Diamond 9.1 to the MA Bronze BR2 to be a significant upgrade. Instead I suggest that you plan for a slightly more substantial upgrade. The upgrade does not have to mean that you have to move from a bookshelf to a floorstander though. It could even be an excellent bookshelf - like the RS1 for example.

sir
my comments were specifiaclly for the BR2
the RS1 and BR5 (surprisingly) performs very differnt from the BR2 with the same amp

ive not heard the PSB marantz combo for more than 1 song so i cant judge

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back