wharfedale 220 bookshelf

vkhandelwal

I had been using marantz 5006 connected to PM7004 with front pre outs and Monitor audio BX5
though I was using the Stereo amp for music , I decided to disconnect it from receiver and use the stereo amp dedicated for music.
I decided to order wharfedale diamond 220 from hifimart
the order process and response from hifimart was great.

And here I am, listening to my music on the new speakers..
All I can say is that these wharfedale speakers are very musical . I am observing better level of details (and it is not burn in yet)..
may be these bookshelf are easier to drive at the sound level I am used to and downward firing bass port of wharfedale helps reduce acoustic issues of my music room.
I tried placing these the AV rack but there was noticeable improvement in stereo image and clarity when I used them on my monitor stand. now its time to purchase a stand for these excellent speakers.(currently they are placed on top of floor stander)

:yahoo:

Hi, congrats, best time to buy wharfs i guess. can u compare both the speakers I mean bx5 vs 220 , how they are different to each other. Thanks,

Bx5 cannot be compared with 220 one is bookshelf while other is floorstander. May be monitor audio bronze2 can be compared but that is almost double in price . Had compared bx2 with wharf 9.2 when I was purchasing , but had selected bx5 as wanted a speaker which can do both music and movie.
I would say that with 19k price diamond 220 is very good

oops!! looks like I posted BX5 while I have RX6 floor stander
BX5 is the model number of my Maudio monitor..

why in the world both monitor audio and MAudio use BX5 as their model :lol:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back