Wharfedale diamond 220 for Yamaha RX-V477?

Sunilkm you can also audition centre with 230 and 240 floorstanders. So that in future you can add floor standers and move bookshelf to surround.
230 has bigger drivers like 122 i think.

Sunilkm you can also audition centre with 230 and 240 floorstanders. So that in future you can add floor standers and move bookshelf to surround.
230 has bigger drivers like 122 i think.

OK I will check if that can be also there for demo. But I do not have any plan of of upgrading fronts to FS now. Fronts will be 220 bookshelf and later add surrounds.

Mr Ali of sSundfoundation was more than happy to make a 30" version of the Nexus speaker stands for my Wharfedale Diamond 220s...and they are a perfect fit.

@ sunilkm,

Have you paired Wharfedale diamond 220 with your Norge 2060 Amp? If so, kindly share your views on the same w.r.t. music.

One more query...

I have Onkyo HT-3300 with stock 5.1 speakers. It is good for movies but not for music.

Can I get quality 2.0 stereo output from Wharfedale diamond 220, if i connect it to B speaker terminal of Onkyo?

Regards

Yes, I have used 220 with Norge and it pairs very well. Actually Norge stereo amp is driving the speakers better than AVR and I did not have to push the volume to higher in Norge to get a good output level. Since I use it for movies also connected to RX-V477 AVR.

Upgrading the fronts to a Bookshelf speaker like 220 or similar BS will improve the 2 channel performance. Looking at the spec of 3300 I don't see any problem for this AVR to drive 220.

@ sunilkm,

Have you paired Wharfedale diamond 220 with your Norge 2060 Amp? If so, kindly share your views on the same w.r.t. music.

One more query...

I have Onkyo HT-3300 with stock 5.1 speakers. It is good for movies but not for music.

Can I get quality 2.0 stereo output from Wharfedale diamond 220, if i connect it to B speaker terminal of Onkyo?

Regards

Used isolation gel pads for placing the speakers.

Hi Sunil,

I have been looking for Isolation gel pads but couldn't find them on any of the eCommerce sites. Can you please let me know where you have bought them from?

Thanks,
Sam.

Hi Sam,

8 Gel pads were in the speaker package itself

Hi Sunil,

I have been looking for Isolation gel pads but couldn't find them on any of the eCommerce sites. Can you please let me know where you have bought them from?

Thanks,
Sam.

Added center channel 220c to my setup.
I have set the center as "Small" in AVR.

I am planning to add surrounds to my setup.
Currently it is in 3.0
Fronts - Diamond 220
Center - Diamond 220c.

I had 210 ( 4" woofer, 15.2K ) in mind for surrounds when I have bought 220 fronts. But after seeing 210 in demo room recently and looked quite small for the price The cabinet build is not same as of 220. I felt 15.2k for 210 is quite high and better to add few thousands to get 220.

Another option is to get new diamond 225 ( 6.5" woofer, 27.2K ) to have as Fronts and move 220 to surrounds. I am yet to demo diamond 225 but hoping that it would improve the 2-channel music performance in my setup and tempted to go with this option.
I am not space constrained and can wall mount this on side walls equidistant from the listening position.

Please advice is this a right decision or 220 overkill as surrounds?
Any other alternatives I should be looking for in this budget?

Hi Sunil,

As you can find from my signature, I have been using the 220s for my front channel as well as for my surround channel duties. Now , since I am more into movies ( say 90%) , I find this setup to be very uniform, from the sound reproduction point of view, especially during action scenes, gun fights and car chase & race scenes. The experience is very engulfing without any point source of sound from any particular speaker.

My 2 cents

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back