Wharfedale diamond 220 for Yamaha RX-V477?

Thanks bobby for the sharing the feedback.

I am in the process of wiring up for surrounds. The distance from AVR is around 35 - 40ft ft on either side and planning to run the wire. I am using DAC 14AWG speaker cable for Fronts and planning to get the same for surrounds. Should I need 12AWG as the distance is more? Some AWG/Length chart says till 35ft for 8Ohm load 14 AWG is fine.

I will also post the living room plan to get the suggestions for surrounds placement.

I am attaching the living room plan.
Marked the surrounds SL and SR on sidewalls.
These are 3ft behind the listening position.
Rear wall is 10ft behind the listening position.
Please let me know if this is fine or any better way to do it. Thanks

Attachments

• C360_2016-02-11-21-52-41-129.jpg
    C360_2016-02-11-21-52-41-129.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 101
One more point to add:

The distance between SL and SR is 15ft as in the plan.
The distance between FL and FR is only 8ft.

1)Is this fine to have as surrounds are spread 2X distance of the Fronts.
Any guidelines to be followed?

2) How far behind the listening position surrounds must be placed?
As shown in the plan it is 3ft behind the listening position as there is a window on left side 3ft is the maximum I can get. If I move the SL position after the left window it is going to be approx 8ft behind the listening position and I think this is too far?

3) At what height surrounds should be placed. I read it should be above ear level. Is 2ft above ear level good enough if it is bookshelf pointed towards LP.?

Please help..

Thanks.

Since I use it for movies also connected to RX-V477 AVR.

Upgrading the fronts to a Bookshelf speaker like 220 or similar BS will improve the 2 channel performance. Looking at the spec of 3300 I don't see any problem for this AVR to drive 220.

Hi Sunilkm,

I own a Yamaha HTR-3066 (same as RX-V375). What's your take on the combination of Wharfedale 220 with this AVR for music and movies
Will this AVR be able to drive Wharfedale 220s properly?

RX-V375 is slightly underpowered for Wharfedale 121s. Specially movies. Used to run hot as I had to push to 80% +
(I have a slightly noisy room) 220s are slightly more efficient but I would still go for a more powerful amp.

The other thing is that RX-V375 does not have crossover settings at individual speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back