Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 + Norge 2060

I would highly recommend the Wharf 9.2. I have paired them with the Denon 1610 AVR. The sound is fantastic (atleast for the kind of music I listen to - mostly country, ghazals, bollywood).

I would highly recommend the Wharf 9.2. I have paired them with the Denon 1610 AVR. The sound is fantastic (atleast for the kind of music I listen to - mostly country, ghazals, bollywood).

Hi Sumeshji,
How much did you pay for 1610? and How would it treat 'Rock' and 'Fusion' as an AMP?

Finally joined this club. Bought one ST for my in-laws
1. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers for 14K pair, got the last one from dealer
2. Norge 2060 from Technoguru for 12.5K
3. Behringer UC202 USB Dac for around 3.2 K

Really amazed by the SQ of this combinations, the only drawback I found for now is that in a few songs I found the combination to bee abit bright. But can be bypassed

Finally joined this club. Bought one ST for my in-laws
1. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers for 14K pair, got the last one from dealer
2. Norge 2060 from Technoguru for 12.5K
3. Behringer UC202 USB Dac for around 3.2 K

Really amazed by the SQ of this combinations, the only drawback I found for now is that in a few songs I found the combination to bee abit bright. But can be bypassed

welcome to the norge club.. however just one query...

whats the point of optical out in the dac... is it just a passthrough ..
like useful for mobo's without optical port.. usb to optical..

also usage of analog input ? its a dac what will it do with analog input.

nutin on the part of criticism but curious to know bout the details as this looks dirt cheap and i might pick up one as well

whats the point of optical out in the dac... is it just a passthrough ..
like useful for mobo's without optical port.. usb to optical..

Yes your assumption is correct

also usage of analog input ? its a dac what will it do with analog input.

This is for recording from analogue source via usb on PC

nutin on the part of criticism but curious to know bout the details as this looks dirt cheap and i might pick up one as well

I purchased this for the following reasons
1. Was in search of a low cost USB dac for becoming independant of the laptop analogue out.
2. No separate power requirements of a full fledged dac
3. This one is the #1 bestseller on Amazon UK under its category Amazon.co.uk Best Sellers: The most popular items in Computer Audio Interfaces
4. Had a long USB cable (saved me from buying one separately :) one end of which is always fixed into the box)
5. Found good reviews even by NwAvGuy designer of ODAC NwAvGuy: Behringer UCA202 Review

But this product seemed to have been already discussed in HFV years back http://www.hifivision.com/cd-players/14431-behringer-uca202-cheapest-usb-dac-us.html

If you look at the specs you will understand that this is more intended to be used as Audio recording interface which is being put for DAC purpose as well.

My suggestion for you will be if you have a budget do go for a better one. One limitation of this device is 48KHz max sampling rate.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back