What are the best speakers you have heard?

A Denon 2908, I believe - in Pure Direct. This was at the showroom, so I would think the best quality cables were used.

monitor audio platinum series pl300. freaking mind blowing. doesnt come cheap either. about 10k usd in america

Hi all,

I was impressed with :

1) Rotel with Dali-Ikon
2) Marantz with SCM- old series.
3) Primare with Dynaudio FS

Not essentialy in the above order.

N.Murali

Haven't heard anything better than B&W Matrix 805 with bi-amped Threshold -S150 connected to a passive pre-amp. Always compare with this whenever I audition. Hopefully will build it back at India soon

I have no idea! But, somehow, I can't forget it.

I was visiting a London TV-news company, installing or maintaining some software in their accounting department. When the work was finished, my contact took me on a quick tour of the studios. There was one in which some guys were working on setting up some props or furniture or something, and they had some light music playing on a casually-placed single speaker. Was it the room treatment, the speaker or both? I don't know, but I was so struck by the clarity and quality of this sound that I still recall the impression it made, twenty years later!

During my lookout for Floorstanders, I admired listening to

1. Dali Lektor 6
2. Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 (proudful owner)
(Both paired with Marantz PM6004)

But, it is B&W speakers that i always fantacize. May own it some time in my life

Genelec 8030 or 20 don't remember at my friends place the sound was too good....the best i ever heard and that huge 8 inch genelec sub awesome...............

These are the best ones that I have heard (in various price ranges) -

B&W Nautilus
Wharfedale Diamond 10.7
Wharfedale Diamond 10.1
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1
DIY project by an eye surgeon in Karnataka using active speakers.

KEF Q300 with Cambridge Audio Azur 650A (I have this setup now.)
B&W 602 S3 with Marantz amp, dont remember the model number.

Last edited:
PSB Image T6 with NAD C356 =- at Lakozy
Paradigm Monitor 9 with NAD C355
Dali Lektor 1 - i dont remember the amp pairing - at Boomerang Mumbai
Paradigm Studio 10 - this is an amazing speaker. I think the Studio 20 will be heaven.
At Mumbai HFV meet, Hari Iyer's TL speaker was a good effort indeed.

rgds
mpw

Commercially Available Speakers
1) ATC SCM 100
2) Avantgarde Duo
3) Magnepan 1.7 and Mini Maggies

DIY Speakers made by FMs(In no particular order, all are special in their own different ways)
Rajiv's Horn Speakers based on Altec drivers
Anilva's BLH based on Fostex 206e driver
Suri's witches of Ecstacy with his TL sub integrated
Sreekanth's TQWL floor standing speakers

OT: Well integrated systems that I have been inspired by (again, no particular order)
Arj's System
Prem's System
Dr.Bass's System (now sold since he moved to Singapore)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back