what are the monthly charges for Hathway HD channels if used with cable in Mumbai

jaguarfree

I currently have hathway SD box and using it with local cable. Cable rates have been increased from 230 to 300 now. I want to buy normal hathway HD box. I asked the cable guy and he said hathway HD box will cost 5000 and yearly charge will be 3000 in which I will get only 19 HD channels :annoyed: so only 19 HD channels for 550 per monthly ?

But on Hathway website HD box cost is just 2000 :mad: Do they give HD box at less price with exchange of SD box? HOw much you guys are paying per month to hathway along with your cable charges? and how many HD channels do you get? Whom should I contact? or should I ditch cable + hathway and go with dish TV? as their HD box with recording cost just 1000 and monthly charge just 470 for all HD channels. Please help me

Hi

I would suggest you speak to the person who comes for cable TV collection in the area...

I was using a SD box for more than 10 years and it was slowly dying off...got it repaired twice at Rs 200 per session. HDS6300

Since its a box with an issue, I logged a complaint and surrendered my box back...I purchased HD box HDS6300 for 2k along with HD channels pack inclusive....for a year....I use the West Digital Premium pack...so total with the new box was 5800 for the year....

Now last week more HD channels are introduced and also the packs have changed....

Hi

I would suggest you speak to the person who comes for cable TV collection in the area...

I was using a SD box for more than 10 years and it was slowly dying off...got it repaired twice at Rs 200 per session. HDS6300

Since its a box with an issue, I logged a complaint and surrendered my box back...I purchased HD box HDS6300 for 2k along with HD channels pack inclusive....for a year....I use the West Digital Premium pack...so total with the new box was 5800 for the year....

Now last week more HD channels are introduced and also the packs have changed....
The cable person who comes to collect money is an idiot who says I have to pay cable charges 300/ month and separate 3000 per year for HD channels and HD box will cost 5000 whereas on website it's only for 2000. I called hathway tollfree number and asked them about this issue and they said box will cost 2000 and monthly charges will be 560. When I asked him if I am paying 300 per month for cable then how much I have to pay extra for HD channels as on their website it's mentioned 152 per month. But he said he don't have any idea about this issue.

Right now I called hathway tollfree number again and they said as my area is covered under LCO services I have to pay 550 per month for the HD package and 2000 + installation charges for HD box. When I said cable guy is asking more for HD box he said yes you have to pay extra for their commission, we can't do anything in that case. What the heck is this. :mad: and why 550 per month? while everyone are paying cable charges (i.e. 300) + Rs. 152 for HD channels. Can someone put some light on this issue :rolleyes:

Hi

If you are an existing subscriber, you can ask you want to return your SD box as it is not working properly and ask for HD box..thats what I did....hence I got the HD box with channels for 2000 odd for a year...the box is mine now and I have the choice to update packs as I wish next year....

The packs are changed as per handouts shared...Rs 550 per month is the Royal Pack + HD pack + 1 regional pack.......for a year it costs 6050.

Luckily the Sales / Collection guy in my area is a good person and known to all for a decade now....so he gives me the best deals to my advantage....

Write to their nodal officer who I am sure will help....you can say if this continues..you will lose customers to Dish TV / DTH providers....

Hi,

Here are the list of channels which I have

350 MN +
352 Movies Now
353 Sony Pix
354 Zee Studio
355 Star Movies
356 Romedy Now
360 AXN
361 Colors Infinity
362 Star World
363 Comedy Central
364 Nick +
365 CNBC Prime
366 Ten 1
367 Star Sports HD1
368 Star Sports HD2
369 Star Sports HD3
370 Star Sports HD4
371 Sony Six
372 Sony ESPN
374 Sony Max
375 Star Gold
376 Zee Cinema
378 Star Plus
379 Colors
380 Zee TV
381 Sony
382 Life OK
384 Epic
385 M Tunes
386 MTV Indies
388 NGC
389 Animal Planet
390 Discovery World
391 History TV 18
392 Nat Geo Wild
393 TLC World
394 Fox Life
395 Nat Geo People
396 Travel XP

I have not subscribed to

HBO Hits and Star World Premier.

Hope this helps......

Hi

If you are an existing subscriber, you can ask you want to return your SD box as it is not working properly and ask for HD box..thats what I did....hence I got the HD box with channels for 2000 odd for a year...the box is mine now and I have the choice to update packs as I wish next year....

The packs are changed as per handouts shared...Rs 550 per month is the Royal Pack + HD pack + 1 regional pack.......for a year it costs 6050.

Luckily the Sales / Collection guy in my area is a good person and known to all for a decade now....so he gives me the best deals to my advantage....

Write to their nodal officer who I am sure will help....you can say if this continues..you will lose customers to Dish TV / DTH providers....
My SD box is working fine and can't place a fake complaint because they might check. So according to you,now everyone are been charged 550 per month? I heard many users are paying 300 + 152 for HD channels. On hathway website also they have mentioned HD channels cost 152 / month. Snapdeal are selling Dish TV HD box with recorder + installation + 1 month platinum package free for just 1200. And then 470 monthly for family pack + All HD channels. Isn't this 470 per month package with HD box only for 1200 good deal?? what you think ?

Hi

The way I see it...if Dish TV are able to provide better service and also have good customer support to resolve issues quickly then it is good to go....

I have friends who use Dish TV and have face issues with customer care to resolve something.....so that's the reason I am still with hathway for more than a decade now...

Hi @efernand1, even am from mumbai vile parle east and have the royal hd package.. however get only 24 HD channels as opposed to yours 40 ? Why is that ? can u throw a light on that please ... as in channels also areawise ?

Hi,

Here are the list of channels which I have

350 MN +
352 Movies Now
353 Sony Pix
354 Zee Studio
355 Star Movies
356 Romedy Now
360 AXN
361 Colors Infinity
362 Star World
363 Comedy Central
364 Nick +
365 CNBC Prime
366 Ten 1
367 Star Sports HD1
368 Star Sports HD2
369 Star Sports HD3
370 Star Sports HD4
371 Sony Six
372 Sony ESPN
374 Sony Max
375 Star Gold
376 Zee Cinema
378 Star Plus
379 Colors
380 Zee TV
381 Sony
382 Life OK
384 Epic
385 M Tunes
386 MTV Indies
388 NGC
389 Animal Planet
390 Discovery World
391 History TV 18
392 Nat Geo Wild
393 TLC World
394 Fox Life
395 Nat Geo People
396 Travel XP

I have not subscribed to

HBO Hits and Star World Premier.

Hope this helps......
Hi @efernand1, even am from mumbai vile parle east and have the royal hd package.. however get only 24 HD channels as opposed to yours 40 ? Why is that ? can u throw a light on that please ... as in channels also areawise ?

Hi

Ideally it should not be....please log a formal complaint with Hathway via email on the same...say you have a friend in south Mumbai who gets 40 channels....

Hi

Ideally it should not be....please log a formal complaint with Hathway via email on the same...say you have a friend in south Mumbai who gets 40 channels....
Thanks ..i did that .. no response on email so far .. called there call centre and they said their max hd channels are 29 and not 40 .. and rest 5 channels will updated when i renew my pack. What u think ?

Thanks ..i did that .. no response on email so far .. called there call centre and they said their max hd channels are 29 and not 40 .. and rest 5 channels will updated when i renew my pack. What u think ?

It's ridiculous. I live in central suburbs & I Am also getting 24 channels only. :-(

Update: Now all HD Channels are beaming including Star Movies SelectHD and Star World Premiere HD. So the count of HD channels is well over 40 which is almost every HD channel except HBO Hits. So now Hathway is really good for an annual price of Rs 6050.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back