What brand/type to be used for 15m HDMI cable

rejin

I am looking to connect HDMI output of PC to 4k OLED TV. The PC is in bed room and the TV is in the living room. I have measured that it requires 15m of HDMI cable to to have a neat in-wall layout.

I am looking to bring the this active monoprice hdmi cable from US., and it cost around usd 50 only. I have checked the MX active cables locally and it cost around rs.6.5k.
MX normal HDMI 15m cable cost around rs.2.5k

I am not sure whether both these are UHD HDR/dolby vision capable and how the perform over 15m length.

If anybody has experience with 15m HDMI cable for UHD content, Kindly help me with model and price. Let me know if there are other options aswell.

NB: I dont have TV at this time, but I am planning to buy a LG C8 shortly. As of now I am considering to use PC as the media device, and not considering other media players.

I use a Monoprice Slimlink HDMI cable 50' rated for 4K 4:4:4 60Hz 18Gbps.

There are many monoprice cables but this is the best. I recommend it.

I am looking to connect HDMI output of PC to 4k OLED TV. The PC is in bed room and the TV is in the living room. I have measured that it requires 15m of HDMI cable to to have a neat in-wall layout.
I am not sure whether both these are UHD HDR/dolby vision capable and how the perform over 15m length.

If anybody has experience with 15m HDMI cable for UHD content, Kindly help me with model and price. Let me know if there are other options aswell.

You need fiber HDMI cable for UHD 4K with HDR. Anything beyond 6m require fiber HDMI for 4K HDR

I'm using RUIPRO fiber HDMI cable.

You can search fiber HDMI in amazon.com

You need fiber HDMI cable for UHD 4K with HDR. Anything beyond 6m require fiber HDMI for 4K HDR

I'm using RUIPRO fiber HDMI cable.

You can search fiber HDMI in amazon.com
I was looking at the fiber cables yesterday. The ruipro ones were super costly and the other brands in my budget were unknown brands.

This was the only one which looks somewhat good for 4k.

Monoprice DynamicView Active High Speed HDMI Cable - 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 24AWG,
YUV 4:4:4, CL2, 50ft, Black

I was not able to see 50feet length in this link.
I hope you are referring to https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=301&cp_id=30101&cs_id=3010101&p_id=14135&seq=1&format=2

I was looking at the fiber cables yesterday. The ruipro ones were super costly and the other brands in my budget were unknown brands.

This was the only one which looks somewhat good for 4k.

Monoprice DynamicView Active High Speed HDMI Cable - 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 24AWG,
YUV 4:4:4, CL2, 50ft, Black
Copper cables wont support 4K HDR content beyond 6 meter

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21568
Available up to 300 feet length. But certain lengths are out of stock at certain times.
Also available at amazon.com under ASIN B06XRYB9ZM. Better to buy Amazon since we get all inclusive price and no customs hassles.

The description is as below:
Monoprice SlimRun AV HDR High Speed Cable for HDMI-Enabled Devices - 4K @ 60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, Fiber Optic, AOC, YUV 4:4:4

Copper cables wont support 4K HDR content beyond 6 meter

Hi Arjun, i have been reading on this for last few days and as far as I understand, 4k HDR is supported by copper cable beyond 6 meter on active cables, but they will not be able to get the certification since the max length they certify is 8feet or so.
As you said fiber cables are the way to go, but currently priced high.
I dont have that much of budget at this time and I am putting my purchase on hold.

Available up to 300 feet length. But certain lengths are out of stock at certain times.
Also available at amazon.com under ASIN B06XRYB9ZM. Better to buy Amazon since we get all inclusive price and no customs hassles.

there are also little pricey. I am putting my purchase on hold and wait for the optic ones to drop price.

How about an HDMI wireless device, I think they are available in plenty in varied prices.
AFAIK , Wireless is still not ready for 4k UHD.

Thanks all for your comments. I will let you know once I am back in market for the purchase.

Hi Arjun, i have been reading on this for last few days and as far as I understand, 4k HDR is supported by copper cable beyond 6 meter on active cables, but they will not be able to get the certification since the max length they certify is 8feet or so.

Then why don’t you try active copper cables? Certification doesn’t matter to you right?

@rejin
If you are worried about signal degradation at long distance from PC, consider this.
Move the PC to living room; keep the PC monitor in bed room.
HDMI for AV will be at reasonable length. Use a long HDMI (for monitor).
Try wireless keyboard/mouse combo. It may just solve your conundrum.

Cheers,
Raghu

@Arjun4 and @raghupb
I am using a old GFX card - Nvidia 680, even though it is quite capable card it is a very old generation card. I overlooked the fact that it uses HDMI 1.4a, and not sure whether it can output UHD -Dolby vision ,it says UHD at 24hz and not 60hz (I am not sure if any of the UHD contents now are 60Hz ) over its HDMI port. I don't want to risk buying a costly cable just for testing.

I didn't mean that Active copper cable can produce stable signal at 50feet, it may or may not and the reviews are contradictory as far as I see on Amazon.com.

Raghu , I have already considered to keep the PC in living room and route a normal HDMI cable to bedroom as I use the monitor at FHD only. However, I am not sure on the capability of Nvidia 680 and its HDMI port. I think it makes more sense to go with a media play like Nvidia Shield.

I too am using Ruipro Fiber cable for 4k over 12 mtr as a one time purchase in the long run

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back