What cables to use inside preamp?

What fun DIY is if you cant make things your way ? :)
Why not use best of the both the world. You can make inner lining of metal foil inside wooden case.

Well, I have taken a vow not to travel 15km to do any cutting in any workshop, hence my local choices within 5km are limited for even the basic kind of metal work for front or rear panel anyways. In fact it is the prime reason this project is lagging since 2 months now!! (Did I beat HAL and DRDO)? :) :rolleyes: First it was my odd sleep timings and the summer heat that sapped my enthusiasm to run around, then it is lack of competent workshops with promise of a great job to my specifications. It does not look like I will be able to find a workshop within 5 to 6 kms of my residence and the prospect of running around to the industrial area 15kms one way to encounter another bunch of sh*t faces with sloppy and shabby attitude towards my requirement is a real turn-off! :mad:

A vendor in Mumbai looks promising - he will cut as I want and deliver a complete chassis as a finished product :)

Regards

Yes I understand. It is a big turnoff finding right people to do neat job required.

A vendor in Mumbai looks promising - he will cut as I want and deliver a complete chassis as a finished product
That's good to know. When will it be ready ? If some designing work is required feel free to tell me.
regds.

Yes I understand. It is a big turnoff finding right people to do neat job required.

That's good to know. When will it be ready ? If some designing work is required feel free to tell me.
regds.

Thanks. You have already done 99%. Only the outer dimensions and positioning of counterbores might change depending on if he only supplies standard sizes.

I will forward him your existing artwork as a samples for quote.

Regards

I managed the connection using a 3mm screw+ nut arrangement and the ring connectors (soldered on to the cables) slid along the threading with a touch of solder over them to fuse them. But now I found these pics of a handy connector and would prefer using them in the final chassis. What do you call these in electronic terms? (attached)

Regards

Last edited:
I managed the connection using a 3mm screw+ nut arrangement and the ring connectors (soldered on to the cables) slid along the threading with a touch of solder over them to fuse them. But now I found these pics of a handy connector and would prefer using them in the final chassis.
Looks neat.
What do you call these in electronic terms? (attached)
How about : "Electrical Ground Wire Collating System" :)
Just kidding. Sorry dont know the name

Gobble
Here us link to electrical components in Bangalore.
- Terminal Strip (connector) electronics elctricals dealer manufacturer bangalore karnataka India
Its called Terminal Strip (Connector). Also you may find other components useful like rotary switch, sockets, Lugs (Which I think will be useful for common grounding multiple wires.)
Regards

Now why did I not discover that before ?!! Not that I've never seen one in my life, but when you need things, memory fails !! :( I spent so much time soldering and de-soldering when swapping cables to check SQ. This would have saved me a few hours of frustrating soldering experience and also protected the resistors on the volume pot from heat stress ! Grrr :mad:

Thanks for the info Hiten & Suri :)

Regards

OK, I got a distribution terminal. Will post pics and details of a component variation once my desktop is reassembled. Took it apart for a new silent CM heatsink.

Another question - I forgot about this one totally - is this available locally in India? Just want to check before making an unwanted trip to S.P road

LED Holder - RadioShack.com

index.jsp

Anyone seen it locally?

Regards

OK, I got a distribution terminal. Will post pics and details of a component variation once my desktop is reassembled. Took it apart for a new silent CM heatsink.

Another question - I forgot about this one totally - is this available locally in India? Just want to check before making an unwanted trip to S.P road

LED Holder - RadioShack.com

pRS1C-2160468w345.jpg

Anyone seen it locally?

Edit: or this:
Q19P1CXXB24E.JPG

Regards

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back